Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;885907172453908480]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Kaitlyn/status/885907172453908480[/video]

[video=twitter;885900415342190593]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Erick/status/885900415342190593[/video]

Thoughts and prayers for Yingying's Family and Friends.
I also feel bad because, possibly, there's a lot of feelings of guilt in a case like this: I should have protected her, etc. And that guilt can lead to people being unable to psychologically accept she is probably dead. Also, they feel they might somehow betray her further if they 'give up' on her. I hope there is support and counselling so they don't suffer that kind of self-torture.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;885926468987101184]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/885926468987101184[/video]

I really like that picture of her w the flowers. She looks so happy. She seems to be such a bubbly, kind person. I know the chance she could still be alive somewhere is basically impossible, but man I just wish for her family she would have been being held by an accomplice and be found. Yingying really seems like she had a lot to offer a lot of people. The cruelty in the world is sometimes too much to think about. A beautiful soul going about her life journey and to have it ended by this psycho for what? Really just angry thinking he could do this to her and then be so smug and heartless to let the family keep searching and aching not knowing where she is.

They are not declaring her dead.. is there any hope at all she could be locked up somewhere? Grasping at straws, I know..?

Sadly, as I said before, since he must have been under surveillance ever since June 12, from then until his arrest it's unlikely she could survive alone in captivity.

I come and check here several times a day. I fear she will never be found.
Such a tragic case.
Ying Ying was such a lovely person, with such a stellar future. So many "if onlys" :(
May that detestable BC suffer for the rest of his miserable life.

I feel like I have read everything on this case, but still a bit confused on one thing: I understand that LE "believes" her to be dead, but they have not stated why, is that correct? Has there been any confirmation that while Christensen bragged, he also bragged of killing her? :( I wish I knew what to expect. I want so much for her to be alive, but I cannot think of many scenarios where should could be after five weeks.. I wish this jerk would just give the family closure if nothing else good can come from this.

I feel like I have read everything on this case, but still a bit confused on one thing: I understand that LE "believes" her to be dead, but they have not stated why, is that correct? Has there been any confirmation that while Christensen bragged, he also bragged of killing her? :( I wish I knew what to expect. I want so much for her to be alive, but I cannot think of many scenarios where should could be after five weeks.. I wish this jerk would just give the family closure if nothing else good can come from this.

I don't think BC "bragging" on tape about killing YZ would be enough to account for LE's certainty... I think most of us assume LE has very solid forensic and/or cadaver dog evidence, and quite possibly cellphone video for their conclusions.

It does seem unlikely the family would have raised the reward if they were certain she was dead.
It is also a possibility that LE stated this in an effort to make any possible co-conspirator relax security.
He was not a loner, was he?
Who were his friends?
Did he make any human to human connections on his dark web visits?
How was he regarded on these sites?
Had he credibility?
Had he contacts?
when the police went to his apartent to impound his car there was another person there according to 'Heavy.com.
Yingying was not there. where was she?
Did they check cell-phone pings from all those that tried to contact her when she first went missing?
The estate agent phoned her and the phone rang out, was not answered.. Where did it ring?

Was he strong enough to carry her without assistance? Yes, probably if he was as fit as he believed..

Sorry if all these questions are repetitive.

He clearly was unaware he was under surveillance or he would not have had that fateful conversation.. but the police did not apparently find her in any of the locations he frequented..
I am hoping too that there is an accomplice..But I know its unlikely.

Interesting comments. I can't believe someone said he was hot. He's not hot at all. :sick:

I hope someone does speak up. Someone out there knows something.

God is he ever not hot. I instinctively avoid ppl who don't smile or twinkle, and most sociopaths dont smile much or when they so its an awkward fake smile. Like a kid saying "cheese" a minute longer than they need to. Like BC cap and gown photo at UW graduation. Hot? Seriously no..not even if I didnt know this.

I also feel bad because, possibly, there's a lot of feelings of guilt in a case like this: I should have protected her, etc. And that guilt can lead to people being unable to psychologically accept she is probably dead. Also, they feel they might somehow betray her further if they 'give up' on her. I hope there is support and counselling so they don't suffer that kind of self-torture.

Yes. And denial is an extremely powerful mechanism.When my mom died very suddenly with no warning right in front of me (of natural causes) I experienced it to some degree for the first time. I cannot even imagine how hard it has to be for YZ's family to accept this set of circumstances, that they have to take someone elses word for, as final, and true. Your mind can just only accept so much at one time. Or something like that.

:sick: aside from my thoughts on his physical appearance, after what he has done how does anyone think he is hot?? Can people so easily detach from his actions? He is sickening! Plus his arrogance! Ugh I could go on and on.

If there was an accomplice surely the police are watching someone they suspect like a hawk and would have found Yingying if she was being held, no? I wish there was that chance, but I just don't see it as a viable option after all this time. I have even considered he left her locked somewhere w food and water, but by now that would have had to run out being he has been arrested for 2 weeks and being watched for much longer. Where are you Yingying?

I thought his most recent FB profile pic was unusual, because he was smiling, and I think he took it to use on dating and other sites.

God is he ever not hot. I instinctively avoid ppl who don't smile or twinkle, and most sociopaths dont smile much or when they so its an awkward fake smile. Like a kid saying "cheese" a minute longer than they need to. Like BC cap and gown photo at UW graduation. Hot? Seriously no..not even if I didnt know this.

ITA! The fake smiles are so obvious.

attachment.php

I came across a poem while working on a dissertation and I think it's accurate:

The Soul of a Narcissist

To the world you appear so normal, so calm,
so very polished, full of fake smiles and charm,
but behind closed doors it's another matter,
you hurt those who love you. Their hearts you shatter,
your soul is black, empty, and vile.

it's evil, unkind, despite your put on smile,
you are without conscience, cannot feel,
when we escape, we will heal,
you will remain an empty shell.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HELL

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 324
I noted the thanks expressed by the Zhangs for the "..compassion and courage.." of the informant. So it does sound like someone had to be wired. Likely on more than one occasion. Very graceful of them to express thanks.

So I'm not trying to be obtuse or anything, but could someone remind me why we are not allowed to even mention BC's wife, in any context whatsoever? I am willing to abide by the rule, but I just dont recall this sort of blackout on an adult at least peripherally associated with the topic. Has she requested it? Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting ppl track her down IRL or anything like that, just wondering why, say, in the Jacob Wetterling case, many innocent ppl were discussed ad nauseum over many years with no restriction.

So I'm not trying to be obtuse or anything, but could someone remind me why we are not allowed to even mention BC's wife, in any context whatsoever? I am willing to abide by the rule, but I just dont recall this sort of blackout on an adult at least peripherally associated with the topic. Has she requested it? Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting ppl track her down IRL or anything like that, just wondering why, say, in the Jacob Wetterling case, many innocent ppl were discussed ad nauseum over many years with no restriction.

I think it's liability issues. Even though she's been mentioned in the media, she hasn't been named as a suspect or POI so she's off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny