Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just really hard to tell where to search without any further information. I do not believe he would have went North or run on the interstate running east and west. I think he would have took a less traveled back road heading south, that way he wouldn't be noticed.

DSM, FWIW, knowing the area, (though I have been gone for a long time......😀) I totally agree with you. There is literally nothing except for cornfields (and Allerton, which would be another "area of interest" if I were LE) for 50-60 miles south, until you hit Decatur. Poor BC's lawyers have to make that drive to visit him,....,poor things......sarcasm font needed.

Once you leave Decatur, it is another 45 minutes of nothing except cornfields until you get to Springfield.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the route south (it is really southwest, if you are on the interstate.....not familiar with the country roads he probably used) from Champaign is (or was, anyway) MUCH less travelled than Nortbound to Chicago, or due East or West. I think it unlikely that he even went as far south as Decatur, as he demonstrably is a lazy , content to play video games and indulge his sick fantasy while someone else supported him.

CU is (or was, prior to this incident) such a pleasant little hamlet where you could be comfortable sending your child away, UIUC is a great school, and CU has a big city feel with few of the undesireable aspects of city life. BC's (alleged) actions really put us on the map throughout the world, and not in good way. Far worse is that he (allegedly) destroyed the lives of several families (including his own) and hurt many others just so that he could get his rocks off. It is sickening.

Rant over.

DSM, FWIW, knowing the area, (though I have been gone for a long time......😀) I totally agree with you. There is literally nothing except for cornfields (and Allerton, which would be another "area of interest" if I were LE) for 50-60 miles south, until you hit Decatur. Poor BC's lawyers have to make that drive to visit him,....,poor things......sarcasm font needed.

Once you leave Decatur, it is another 45 minutes of nothing except cornfields until you get to Springfield.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the route south (it is really southwest, if you are on the interstate.....not familiar with the country roads he probably used) from Champaign is (or was, anyway) MUCH less travelled than Nortbound to Chicago, or due East or West. I think it unlikely that he even went as far south as Decatur, as he demonstrably is a lazy , content to play video games and indulge his sick fantasy while someone else supported him.

CU is (or was, prior to this incident) such a pleasant little hamlet where you could be comfortable sending your child away, UIUC is a great school, and CU has a big city feel with few of the undesireable aspects of city life. BC's (alleged) actions really put us on the map throughout the world, and not in good way. Far worse is that he (allegedly) destroyed the lives of several families (including his own) and hurt many others just so that he could get his rocks off. It is sickening.

Rant over.
That rant made for most enjoyable reading. You write with eloquence.

Do you have any notions about locations in the city, close to his home where he may have hidden her?

I am still with urban rather than rural.

I still find it hard to believe that he could have carried her in and out of his apartment without being seen.

I still find it hard to believe that he could have carried her in and out of his apartment without being seen.

Me too. If he did get her in his apartment I dont think he had her there very long. Because of neighbors, possible roomates coming home unless they knew of his plans, other people living in the apartment, random people that could be around the apartment, just so many reasons why I dont think he would have felt comfortable with her up there. So i dont think he had her there long if at all.

JMO of course.

Thanks too to Mbmcg for the local info about the area. If he didnt dump her relatively near the apartment then its nice to know that a target area could be south.

That rant made for most enjoyable reading. You write with eloquence.

Do you have any notions about locations in the city, close to his home where he may have hidden her?

I am still with urban rather than rural.

Thank you, kittythehare; I appreciate your kindness. I am (just a tiny bit 😀) emotionally invested in this case, for obvious reasons.

I don't really have an inkling of where he could have taken her, though I am dubious that she was ever in his apartment. I agree with you and the other folks who think it is within or near CU, as I think he is too arrogant and lazy to have travelled a great distance. Must.Play.Video.Games, after all!

If he left CU at all, I agree with DSM that the most likely direction would be south.

I wish I knew more, as my heart hurts for her family and I so want them to be able to take her home. 😥

I've been watching Henry Lee's show and noticed that he has worked on cases where there is no body . In the YYZ case it appears the only piece of physical evidence available (publicly, at least) is the passenger seat in the car that appears to have been "cleaned to a more diligent extent than the other vehicle doors." What if it was blood not just touch DNA that the perp attempted to remove?

Since neither LE nor the FBI have found enough to change BC with murder, I really wish they would ask Dr. Lee to examine that
car seat/door. It seems that other LEs have had no hesitation to plead with Dr. Lee to help them when, despite their own analysis, they lack evidence to charge a suspect with murder.

Or maybe her parents could travel to CT to plead with Dr. Lee personally as they are both natives of small cities in eastern China (Rugao for Dr. Lee, Nanping for YYZ).

https://amp.ibtimes.co.uk/what-blac...inked-terrifying-kidnap-british-model-1633728. This is a. Sry scary possibility and there's motive too, money. Bc didn't want to work a 9-5 job for a pay check

Ketamine is extremely potent. but I am not sure how he could have administered it?

I am inclined to believe he had a financial motive as well.. have been searching around that theme, value of dead bodies, value of dead Asian bodies, and values of living incapacitated people.. The latter has vast possibilities but no way that I can think of to tie him in there... yet

I've been watching Henry Lee's show and noticed that he has worked on cases where there is no body . In the YYZ case it appears the only piece of physical evidence available (publicly, at least) is the passenger seat in the car that appears to have been "cleaned to a more diligent extent than the other vehicle doors." What if it was blood not just touch DNA that the perp attempted to remove?

Since neither LE nor the FBI have found enough to change BC with murder, I really wish they would ask Dr. Lee to examine that
car seat/door. It seems that other LEs have had no hesitation to plead with Dr. Lee to help them when, despite their own analysis, they lack evidence to charge a suspect with murder.

Or maybe her parents could travel to CT to plead with Dr. Lee personally as they are both natives of small cities in eastern China (Rugao for Dr. Lee, Nanping for YYZ).

LE have by now analysed it more closely, that observation was made on first visual inspection before the car was taken to the laboratory for thorough analysis.
Blood does not always indicate murder.
Even lots of blood will only prove a little bit more than dna.. that it was hers and that it was caused within the vehicle, while she was a passenger.

LE have by now analysed it more closely, that observation was made on first visual inspection before the car was taken to the laboratory for thorough analysis.
Blood does not always indicate murder.
Even lots of blood will only prove a little bit more than dna.. that it was hers and that it was caused within the vehicle, while she was a passenger.

Interesting. Some of the episodes I watched contradict everything you are saying. For instance: (1) The amount of blood that seeps through the fabric that was cleaned and into the cushion of whatever surface, can indicate the amount of blood that was initially deposited and whether that kind of blood loss was likely fatal; (2) Also the pattern of the splatter/or deposit of the blood can provide indications of what sort of weapon was used, how long the victim was laying on that spot bleeding, and depending on the splatter's velocity, it can indicate the force of the blow. Obviously, I know nothing of this topic but according to "Trace Evidence" and Dr. Lee a really thorough forensic analysis of blood, hairs, and fibers can yield much more information than DNA.

This website supports Dr. Lee's opinion http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/blood/

[FONT=&quot]My point was that on the show he investigated cases where there was no body, surfaces had been professionally cleaned,, and LE had missed those clues. [/FONT]

That case is a hoax IMHO

It's quite possible it is a hoax and if it is I hope they punish her and anyone involved severely, but we don't know that it is a hoax yet. Either way, this is still a possibility in YY's case and does happen. It's shocking. In absolutely no way is YY to blame for what happened to her, but this case needs to be a lesson to everyone. Even if you a know someone that pulls up and asks if you need help or a ride, unless they are someone who is an actual friend or family, do not get in a car. Turn around and run. We don't know if she may have seen him at some point at the university or if she knew of him some how or if he may have shown her his university ID, but some how he gained enough of her trust to get her to get into his car. There needs to be a public service announcement about this. Unfortunately this his what our world has came to.

Hey everyone, I'm new in the forum and I've read this thread fully trying to catch up with this case, which has impacted me above many others I've seen. So I will give my 2 cents.

I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we'll pretend he did.

He is into BDSM and all that jazz, but millions of people are and practice it safely and with consent every day. What drives me to believe this is the first time he actually ventured out to do it without cosent and ended up becoming murder (if it's proven to be so), IMO, is that this man was basically unraveling psychologically. He was at a cross roads in his personal and/or professional life. Having some financial difficulties maybe. Playing videogames all day, perhaps not having much of a social life outside of his poliamory lifestyle and online activity. Perhaps taking drugs like amphetamines (which are reported to cause obsessive and violent behaviour in some users). This is proven by his use of antidepressants, too. Add to that a proclivity for sexual "deviance" and perhaps some unfulfilled fantasies. Mix all of those things together and more often than not you will get a recipe for disaster.

IMO he went off the deep end inside his mind in the last few months/past year. He was fed up with life, he didn't want to get a PhD and go out to a 9-5 job, he didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. He was clinically depressed. So maybe he just said "F--- it" and decided to "take it up a notch" and fulfill one of those fantasies (like abduction and/or rape).

IMO he most likely didn't necessarily intend to kill Yingying, but perhaps he saw no other option when they found the footage of his car. He attended her march and talked about all those things he did because he is just depressed and perhaps suicidal, and arrogant. Maybe he didn't think he would get caught, or no longer even cared IF he did get caught.

Which is why I agree with some posters above who say YY was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as in, he didn't know who she was, she just seemed like an appropriate "target" to him: foreign, young female who looked lost), and he probably choked her and dumped her body in a dumpster sometime during the weekend after June 9. He isn't some murdering mastermind who would plan this out for months or years. IMO he is just a very disturbed, depressed and sick individual who went off the deep end and f'ed up massively by trying to fulfill one of his sickest fantasies.

I also believe he was the man pretending to be a policeman around campus that morning, and that he used the same line on YY that afternoon, perhaps using some fake badge to lure her in the car with the promise of a safe ride and gain her trust. I don't see her getting in that car any other way.

IMO he is probably sitting in jail pretty much saying "my life was over anyway" so that's why he doesn't really seem so phased by it to me. He has been pretty "poker faced" in the photos released by LE. I think this guy is probably suicidal at this point so they'll need to either find her remains ASAP or keep him under very close watch and hope he confesses eventually.

Anyway hope all of that makes sense! Reading this thread has been super insightful. I have to say I got chills at DSM's posts about the steam rooms and the abandoned house with the creepy mask!

Hey everyone, I'm new in the forum and I've read this thread fully trying to catch up with this case, which has impacted me above many others I've seen. So I will give my 2 cents.

I personally believe that this was BC's first case of abduction (it's possible he might've crossed the line with one of his practices before but perhaps his partners never did anything about it and his behaviour went unchecked). Since we are not 100% sure HE killed her until her remains are found and it is proven by DNA or whatever, for the sake of my comment we'll pretend he did.

He is into BDSM and all that jazz, but millions of people are and practice it safely and with consent every day. What drives me to believe this is the first time he actually ventured out to do it without cosent and ended up becoming murder (if it's proven to be so), IMO, is that this man was basically unraveling psychologically. He was at a cross roads in his personal and/or professional life. Having some financial difficulties maybe. Playing videogames all day, perhaps not having much of a social life outside of his poliamory lifestyle and online activity. Perhaps taking drugs like amphetamines (which are reported to cause obsessive and violent behaviour in some users). This is proven by his use of antidepressants, too. Add to that a proclivity for sexual "deviance" and perhaps some unfulfilled fantasies. Mix all of those things together and more often than not you will get a recipe for disaster.

IMO he went off the deep end inside his mind in the last few months/past year. He was fed up with life, he didn't want to get a PhD and go out to a 9-5 job, he didn't want to be part of that lifestyle. He was clinically depressed. So maybe he just said "F--- it" and decided to "take it up a notch" and fulfill one of those fantasies (like abduction and/or rape).

IMO he most likely didn't necessarily intend to kill Yingying, but perhaps he saw no other option when they found the footage of his car. He attended her march and talked about all those things he did because he is just depressed and perhaps suicidal, and arrogant. Maybe he didn't think he would get caught, or no longer even cared IF he did get caught.

Which is why I agree with some posters above who say YY was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as in, he didn't know who she was, she just seemed like an appropriate "target" to him: foreign, young female who looked lost), and he probably choked her and dumped her body in a dumpster sometime during the weekend after June 9. He isn't some murdering mastermind who would plan this out for months or years. IMO he is just a very disturbed, depressed and sick individual who went off the deep end and f'ed up massively by trying to fulfill one of his sickest fantasies.

I also believe he was the man pretending to be a policeman around campus that morning, and that he used the same line on YY that afternoon, perhaps using some fake badge to lure her in the car with the promise of a safe ride and gain her trust. I don't see her getting in that car any other way.

IMO he is probably sitting in jail pretty much saying "my life was over anyway" so that's why he doesn't really seem so phased by it to me. He has been pretty "poker faced" in the photos released by LE. I think this guy is probably suicidal at this point so they'll need to either find her remains ASAP or keep him under very close watch and hope he confesses eventually.

Anyway hope all of that makes sense! Reading this thread has been super insightful. I have to say I got chills at DSM's posts about the steam rooms and the abandoned house with the creepy mask!
Welcome Soakedb. Really detailed first post. Thank you for your thoughts. I am doubtful this is his first abduction/murder because of his age. He seems an uncaring maniac IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA