Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, they work closely with LE. I know homicide headquarters in my area has a dedicated liaison working within the dept from crimestoppers. They are a wonderful organization but they do know more than the general public on cases. I only know this because I am working with them personally on a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, their own website states that their purpose is to sustain relationships with LE, media, and the community so I don't think it's fair to paint them as a voicemail or message service. They work with all these groups.

Yes, they do work with LE when information is sought about a crime. LE would contact them and they are given basic information which they then publish to the community. They do not receive any additional information FROM LE than the general public. If they do have additional information, it would be via the tips that are called in.

Especially in a case of this magnitude, I highly doubt they have been told anything beyond what has been released to the public. I mean, it's possible, but LE has just be so tight lipped about this case...

http://champaigncountycrimestoppers.com/index.aspx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, just to be clear, I think theKarmaBus's point was that CrimeStoppers would have more info than the general public just because of all the tips they get that they pass on to LE -- of course they don't necessarily know which tips actually end up meaning something and which don't. Also, I think it can be assumed that they 'contractually' give those tips directly to LE and not to anyone else like family or Chinese Gov't, even if they're working with them.

Yes, just to be clear, I think theKarmaBus's point was that CrimeStoppers would have more info than the general public just because of all the tips they get that they pass on to LE -- of course they don't necessarily know which tips actually end up meaning something and which don't. Also, I think it can be assumed that they 'contractually' give those tips directly to LE and not to anyone else like family or Chinese Gov't, even if they're working with them.

Thank you, this is what I was trying to state.:)

I'm curious how this works when the FBI seems to be the lead on the case. Does CrimeStoppers have a relationship with them in any way? Or do they primarily work with the local police departments?

Yes they can work with FBI and do . Unsure of the protocol they use when other agencies are involved .

Yes they can work with FBI and do .

Yep. For example, Champaign County Crime Stoppers works with all LE that may claim jurisdiction in the county. So that'd be: University of Illinois Police, Champaign Police, Urbana Police, all of the smaller police departments of rural towns in the county, Champaign County Police, Illinois State Police, and all Federal LE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think this might not be BC's first violent crime? It strikes me as odd that he can abduct and (maybe) murder someone as a first attempt?

He just seems to have done too much of a tidy job. You would expect a first timer to make a mess and leave evidence everywhere.

Does anyone else think this might not be BC's first violent crime? It strikes me as odd that he can abduct and (maybe) murder someone as a first attempt?

He just seems to have done too much of a tidy job. You would expect a first timer to make a mess and leave evidence everywhere.

Yes, I think its likely.
i have not had a chance to go through missing persons list yet for that or any other area he lived in but thinking about it,

Waaaay upthread someone gathered missing women along the likely routes from his previous addresses in Wisconsin to the IU area.

I found one missing girl in Madison, WI within the time frame, can't come up with her name right now.

IIRC, there is often animal cruelty before human cruelty, not even sure how we'd look for that?

Waaaay upthread someone gathered missing women along the likely routes from his previous addresses in Wisconsin to the IU area.

I found one missing girl in Madison, WI within the time frame, can't come up with her name right now.

IIRC, there is often animal cruelty before human cruelty, not even sure how we'd look for that?

WOW.. some amazing work on this case already!
Cat pics?
I thought of animals a few times.. His apartment permitted cats and birds only.
But maybe his previous addresses were more lenient?
search animal cruelty convictions in previous addresses?

But they would not necessarily be his own animals living in his own place either!
I am still wading through previous threads, I get waylaid and excited and run off on things..
It was far too polished.. to be a first..
May have been the first broad daylight.. but I dont believe the first abduction..

I think YingYing was probably his first kidnapping and murder, but I would bet that, even if it was never reported, he may have physically and/or sexually abused girls/women in the past, perhaps multiple times and victims, over several years, and there may be some unreported domestic violence situations. Animal cruelty, as someone else has mentioned, is a distinct possibility. And just to add, I am not sure he did such a tidy job in this case, and he may have left evidence everywhere. We do not know what LE knows at this point. JMO

A couple of posts have been removed. Websleuths does not allow discussion of psychics and visions.

:tyou:

Guaranteed, he has already done something before, for which he didn't need to google instructions. IMO There are many different possibilities and it doesn't have to have any similarity to that, what he did to Yingying. IMO

I think YingYing was probably his first kidnapping and murder, but I would bet that, even if it was never reported, he may have physically and/or sexually abused girls/women in the past, perhaps multiple times and victims, over several years, and there may be some unreported domestic violence situations. Animal cruelty, as someone else has mentioned, is a distinct possibility. And just to add, I am not sure he did such a tidy job in this case, and he may have left evidence everywhere. We do not know what LE knows at this point. JMO

In one of the earlier posts (after he had been ID'd), someone claimed to have been matched with BC on a dating site - and the vibe he gave in his initial and continued interaction was nothing short of terrifying and misogynistic.

Slightly beyond our topic, but interesting: just heard of this new CBS show coming in October: "Wisdom of the Crowd"... apparently based on the idea of solving crimes by using the Web's hive-mind! (hmmm, yeah, somebody should do that! :)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/wisdom-of-the-crowd/
Wondering if the Founder or Administrators of WebSleuths had any input to this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici