Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four.. But, I don't believe he put it on the internet. I think it was more of a "keepsake", as sick as that sounds, for him.

I think it is also possible he may have mutilated her and kept a preserved "keepsake" hidden somewhere, and they were able to find it and verify it was from her via testing.

I think it is also possible he may have mutilated her and kept a preserved "keepsake" hidden somewhere, and they were able to find it and verify it was from her via testing.
That would explain a lot.
But it does not lead to her body.. are they still even searching?

That would explain a lot.
But it does not lead to her body.. are they still even searching?

According to Zhidong Wang quotes from the past week, they are -it's just that they now think they won't find her without Christensen talking or unless they get a lucky break.......

According to Zhidong Wang quotes from the past week, they are -it's just that they now think they won't find her without Christensen talking or unless they get a lucky break.......
well if they are seriously searching I would expect it is there to be found.. not dissolved, not burnt, not destroyed, but actually there, somewhere.. somewhere that took 3-4 hrs travel to get to where it is, bury her and return home and replace his chip.. but thats not necessarily miles away either.. just depends on what the hours were.. the missing hours..
He could have left his phone at home and there would have been no need to remove the chip at all.. why did he not?

In what circumstances would one not just leave phone at home, when he knew he would be back in 3 or 4 hrs anyway?

UNLESS- he put her somewhere while she was still alive and travelled there frequently, even after his car had caused suspicion?
that kills the 5 hr window theory..I know.. just playing with bits of info here in hope something will spark..

In the rucksack he was wearing at the vigil, is what I wondered. JMO.

well if they are seriously searching I would expect it is there to be found.. not dissolved, not burnt, not destroyed, but actually there, somewhere.. somewhere that took 3-4 hrs travel to get to where it is, bury her and return home and replace his chip.. but thats not necessarily miles away either.. just depends on what the hours were.. the missing hours..
He could have left his phone at home and there would have been no need to remove the chip at all.. why did he not?

In what circumstances would one not just leave phone at home, when he knew he would be back in 3 or 4 hrs anyway?

UNLESS- he put her somewhere while she was still alive and travelled there frequently, even after his car had caused suspicion?
that kills the 5 hr window theory..I know.. just playing with bits of info here in hope something will spark..
If he was at home the whole time but wanted to hide that fact. Or if he was not at home and wanted to hide that fact but keep his phone with him. Couldn't be the first option because he lied and told them he was at home all day. I had a third thought. You would remove chip etc if you got your phone wet and needed to dry it out. Perhaps he needed to wash or clean the phone.

If he was at home the whole time but wanted to hide that fact. Or if he was not at home and wanted to hide that fact but keep his phone with him. Couldn't be the first option because he lied and told them he was at home all day. I had a third thought. You would remove chip etc if you got your phone wet and needed to dry it out. Perhaps he needed to wash or clean the phone.
i like 3rd thought..
his apt was beside the laundry room..
he had possibly a bath in the apartment too..
(i started searching for his name in relation to boat ownership a few hrs ago but got distracted)

somebody mentioned the lake near the apartment was searched.. but was it actually dredged?

bbm

He may have wanted to use other features of the phone like the camera/video capability? Removing the SIM card (chip) would also prevent an inadvertent upload to a "cloud" or SM account. Just a thought.

bbm

He may have wanted to use other features of the phone like the camera/video capability? Removing the SIM card (chip) would also prevent an inadvertent upload to a "cloud" or SM account. Just a thought.
Good thinkin'.. those hours could be the hours he spent torturing her.. and in that way could fit in with the 5 hr timeline.. 'she was dead within 5 hrs'

the only possible argument against this theory is that police said he 'meticulously planned'.
Maybe. But, meticulous planning would require pre-preparation which probably included the setting up of cameras for when he brought his 'prize' home.
He would have needed a weapon to immobilise her, if he didn't have help, a bag to carry her, maybe ropes..
a place to bring her
a staged place with his instruments of torture..
a place to dispose of her and a way to get there unobserved.. like a laundry bag.. would not cause suspicion if he had a place near his apartment, pre arranged.
But, I believe her abduction was random.. a series of accidents, missed buses.. ?

somebody mentioned the lake near the apartment was searched.. but was it actually dredged?

This may sound like an odd request here but I;m curious where most of you on here are located. I will assume some are not IL local. Even out of country? Reason I ask is , it's hard to describe some of what our area is like. For example, someone brought up the lakes in Loda. On a global map it probably does look perfect, when if you lived here you would see that it is not nearly as rural as dozens of places he would pass just to get there.I do not know how the road system is laisd out in say England or Spain ( just examples ) but here in the US our intersate road system is laid out so as to be a straight shot to wherever you go. Smaller county roads do not cross the interstates. As the interstate intersects a smaller town, there is an overpass built over the local roads. The dirt used to build these come from " barrow " pits. If you google our road system you'll see that as the interstate hiway passes by each small town there will be a water filled pit next to the overpass. Champaign is slightly unusual in that it has access to 3 different interstate hiways. I 72. I 74 and I 57. The I stands for Illinois of course. Odd numbers run north south, while even numbers run east west. So I74 and I57 actually cross each other. So. in a matter of minutes anyone can be on a high speed hiway, heading in any direction.
Let me take this a step further. For BC to get to the Loda lake locations he could be on I74 he would take the exit on I57 north. Now to travel the 30 some miles to get there he would pass over all the small towns on the way. Each one with a barrow pit . from the I57 and I74 exchange on I57 going north he woukld overpass Olympia drive, Market street, Thomasboro, Rantoul, Ludlow, Paxton, and then Loda. But Loda does have an overpass but not an exit. He could go further north to Buckley and exit. Don't get me wrong , not all of these pits are ideal but they do exist. Also keep in mind that as you're travelling along this route I just laid out you are looking at mile after mile of corn and soybean fields.

This may sound like an odd request here but I;m curious where most of you on here are located. I will assume some are not IL local. Even out of country? Reason I ask is , it's hard to describe some of what our area is like. For example, someone brought up the lakes in Loda. On a global map it probably does look perfect, when if you lived here you would see that it is not nearly as rural as dozens of places he would pass just to get there.I do not know how the road system is laisd out in say England or Spain ( just examples ) but here in the US our intersate road system is laid out so as to be a straight shot to wherever you go. Smaller county roads do not cross the interstates. As the interstate intersects a smaller town, there is an overpass built over the local roads. The dirt used to build these come from " barrow " pits. If you google our road system you'll see that as the interstate hiway passes by each small town there will be a water filled pit next to the overpass. Champaign is slightly unusual in that it has access to 3 different interstate hiways. I 72. I 74 and I 57. The I stands for Illinois of course. Odd numbers run north south, while even numbers run east west. So I74 and I57 actually cross each other. So. in a matter of minutes anyone can be on a high speed hiway, heading in any direction.
Let me take this a step further. For BC to get to the Loda lake locations he could be on I74 he would take the exit on I57 north. Now to travel the 30 some miles to get there he would pass over all the small towns on the way. Each one with a barrow pit . from the I57 and I74 exchange on I57 going north he woukld overpass Olympia drive, Market street, Thomasboro, Rantoul, Ludlow, Paxton, and then Loda. But Loda does have an overpass but not an exit. He could go further north to Buckley and exit. Don't get me wrong , not all of these pits are ideal but they do exist. Also keep in mind that as you're travelling along this route I just laid out you are looking at mile after mile of corn and soybean fields.
Grew up in IL but lived elsewhere as an adult, with frequent visits home (often 4 times a year). I am now situated well west of Champaign, but within a couple of hours. No matter where I lived out of state, my trip home always took me through Champaign /Urbana. So that's why I know the interstates well (the I in I-74 stands for interstate, not Illinois in this case), and what lies within a short distance on any side of it whether coming through from I-74 or I-57. It's a lot of nothing.

The landscape around Champaign is exactly like the landscape I grew up in and live in now. (And it is not so much like Southern IL.) That's why I attempted to explain the landscape earlier in the thread, because unless you are familiar with central and North central Illinois, it is not what most people expect or envision, in my experience, when you say you're from Illinois. Some people took that the wrong way, but I really was just trying to be helpful and paint a picture of the vast fields of corn and how quickly you can be in a desolate place after leaving any Illinois city except for Chicago and the surrounding area.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Searched by divers on multiple occasions was what I was told.
Whats the water like, is it clear?
Any boating and do people leave their boats tied up ?
How likely is it that divers could see the bottom and was the full lake searched by them did you happen to hear?

In the rucksack he was wearing at the vigil, is what I wondered. JMO.

Some people have said that they have seen video from the vigil that shows him removing something from the pack and showing it to the woman he was with, and she reacts to it. Some have said it was his phone, others have said it was just a water bottle. I have not seen this so I am not sure what it might be, or even where in the video it occurs.

I could see a freak like him doing something like this -taking a "souvenir" from his deed with him and carrying it at the vigil- but there really is no way to know at this point........

Whats the water like, is it clear?
Any boating and do people leave their boats tied up ?
How likely is it that divers could see the bottom and was the full lake searched by them did you happen to hear?

It is not particularly clear so they probably had to search slowly, hence needing multiple days to search. The lake is not large. People do fish on it in small boats; there is a landing to launch boats from, but no one leaves boats tied up there. There is no dock of any kind.

There are a few creeks and canals in the vicinity as well. No idea how well these were searched. I walked around the park with the lake in question a few times this summer, and went into some of the out of the way parts. I did not see anything that looked remotely suspicious. I'm sure my wife and I will go back and walk there again at some point, and I will look a little more....

by Feb1 Feds to have decided whether or not they will seek DP- If they decide to seek it, trial will not commence Feb27 but if they do decide to seek it God only knows when defence will be ready..
Is that the gist of it?
3 more long months...
Yeah thats how i read it. It does say 'by feb 1st' so im assuming the decision could come sooner?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Some people have said that they have seen video from the vigil that shows him removing something from the pack and showing it to the woman he was with, and she reacts to it. Some have said it was his phone, others have said it was just a water bottle. I have not seen this so I am not sure what it might be, or even where in the video it occurs.

I could see a freak like him doing something like this -taking a "souvenir" from his deed with him and carrying it at the vigil- but there really is no way to know at this point........
I've seen it and it looks like a small water bottle he takes out and hands across to her. The rucksack on his back I wondered about because noone else had a large bag with them that I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74