Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He admitted to picking her up, therefore he is the last person to see her alive. He needs to prove he dropped her off where he said, the Feds don't need to prove he picked her up, they have a confession.

Are you saying that you believe that picking someone up and giving them a ride is kidnapping? No way.

He doesn't have to prove anything, he's innocent until proven guilty. The Feds have to prove that he picked her up with the intent to commit a crime. Simply giving someone a ride is not a crime.

In reviewing what is known, I came across something published that I hadn't thought of before. On June 15th LE takes possession of the car and searches the apartment. On June 17th her family arrives and the car is transported to the FBI in Springfield on the 18th. What I hadn't thought of before is that it was her father and her maternal aunt who came. Did LE bring them here for their DNA?

It has been speculated all along that there must be evidence to suggest a murder, like blood for example. However she had not been here very long and maybe LE didn't have a sample to compare DNA to. The quickest way to get a comparative sample to determine whose DNA they found would be from relatives, both paternal and maternal.

I'm hoping tomorrow's press conference with the family will coincide with additional charges.

As I have speculated previously, I believe the feds may have felt they had no choice but to arrest when they did, not because they necessarily had overwhelming evidence but that they were concerned about a repeat of the offense. He was heard on tape pointing out who would be a good victim. That is hard to ignore. However, it wasn't until the next day that they arrested him. That was over a week after he was identified as a suspect. I'm speculating that they did not have sufficient evidence to convict before the vigil. Even the comments at the vigil did not immediately bring about an arrest. Why?
Perhaps the person he was with had to be safely out of his way first.

In reviewing what is known, I came across something published that I hadn't thought of before. On June 15th LE takes possession of the car and searches the apartment. On June 17th her family arrives and the car is transported to the FBI in Springfield on the 18th. What I hadn't thought of before is that it was her father and her maternal aunt who came. Did LE bring them here for their DNA?

It has been speculated all along that there must be evidence to suggest a murder, like blood for example. However she had not been here very long and maybe LE didn't have a sample to compare DNA to. The quickest way to get a comparative sample to determine whose DNA they found would be from relatives, both paternal and maternal.

I'm hoping tomorrow's press conference with the family will coincide with additional charges.
Good point.

I'm wondering whether the court documents are sealed (apart from affidavit which I read?)

I agree they must have more than the tape..but I cannot see a reason for delaying a murder charge except for lack of evidence.
Its the crux.
Feeling the same for her family, limbo...
I am thinking they have more cctv of the car at and after the point at which he stated he let her out.

What is publicly known AND admissible that proves aggravated circumstances and what was the nefarious intent?

I don't remember the timeline but I doubt he was under arrest (read his rights) when they looked at his phone/computer or taped his conversation. IF the statement about picking her up, and his browser history are not admissible, what proof is there of his intent, which is required for kidnapping? It's not good enough to conclude his intent, it has to be proven.
What is publicly known? Have you read Mrs. O'Brien's post at the beginning of this thread?

[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;900031063271120896]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/900031063271120896[/video]

letter from parents to Mr Trump
[/FONT]
https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/900031063271120896

I'm looking for a link to a live feed for the conference, anyone have a link please?

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...-us-government-officials-missing-scholar.html

Asked by The News-Gazette on multiple occasions in recent weeks for updates on the scope of the search for Ms. Zhang, whom the FBI presumes is dead, authorities have declined comment, citing the "ongoing" nature of the investigation.

Hmm, is it possible that LE has her body already and wants BC to tell them the place so they have more evidence against him ("he knows where her body is he is likely the killer)? that would explain why there have been no searches

Hmm, is it possible that LE has her body already and wants BC to tell them the place so they have more evidence against him ("he knows where her body is he is likely the killer)? that would explain why there have been no searches

By the sounds of the current press conference as far as her family are aware YY is still missing, I don't know that it's ethical for LE to not tell them if they have her body... not to mention the fact they are prepared to spend all their money on finding her.,,

[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;900066151321006084]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/900066151321006084[/video]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Family of missing UI scholar [/FONT]#YingyingZhang[FONT=&quot] says FBI has told them "no breakthrough yet" in effort to find her. Missing since June 9 [/FONT]

<modsnip> Mrs O'brien does not address the question in my post.

Can you rephrase your question? I believe there was a miscommunication as to what you meant and how I( some) read it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members