Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I must have missed is this detail about the woman wearing a wire tapping device. Did they know he would be at that vigil> Was the girl instructed to sidle up to him? Is that recording available?

Something else I must have missed is this detail about the woman wearing a wire tapping device. Did they know he would be at that vigil> Was the girl instructed to sidle up to him? Is that recording available?

Recording not available to public far as I know.
I am not sure they knew he would be at vigil.
Its likely the woman may have been either an acquaintance of his, his friend and confidante or his flat mate.
Why did she agree to be wired?
I am not sure..
No idea how the police came across her.. its quite possible it was she who granted them permission to enter on their first visit.. she may have offered to help out or she may not have been given a whole lot of choice..
Her anonymity has been protected.
also unusual.
Does she believe he did it?
we do not know..
mystery person..

The name "Johnson & Ross" doesn't ring a bell for me, but I think this is the same abandoned building we talked some about many threads ago (and at least one person kept an eye on it a little bit, for police activity), but nothing further really came of it at the time, though the proximity to his apt. remains interesting.

ETA: just quickly went back to check, and we are talking about the same abandoned buildings.

Yes I recall those discussions about this abandoned business. I was one of quite a few of us who agreed at the time that this place needs gone over with a fine tooth comb. I believe LE did some searching there but if it is as large as I am imagining it I think its worth searching again with lots of resources this time.

Even if it has been searched it doesnt mean she is not there because so many times a body is found where searches were already done.

He may have known of a secret outbuilding within the complex or a secret attic or doorway in the place that may be very difficult to find.

It is just so convenient a place and would provide the perfect place for this creep to take her to. I dont live in the area and I am sure it has no tresspassing type signs but there has to be a way for volunteers to work with the owner or LE to gain access to do some more searching of that place. It could be tricky to get LE to give people permission due to safety but where there is a will there is a way.

I would think maybe contacting the owner somehow and work directly with the owner to gain permission may be the best avenue for a small volunteer team to gain access.
Im thinking along the lines of multiple high powered flashlights, plenty of batteries, a couple crowbars for stubborn doors, gloves, boots, and a good small team of dedicated people that could put in the time to give that place a total checkout from top to bottom and inbetween. It sounds like it may take multiple visits to do the job properly.

What would help tremendously is to even get the plans and blueprints of the place which I bet can be found somewhere. That may show some of the special closet or garage or attic or basement type places that may not be apparant to the naked eye while there.

Yes I recall those discussions about this abandoned business. I was one of quite a few of us who agreed at the time that this place needs gone over with a fine tooth comb. I believe LE did some searching there but if it is as large as I am imagining it I think its worth searching again with lots of resources this time.

Even if it has been searched it doesnt mean she is not there because so many times a body is found where searches were already done.

He may have known of a secret outbuilding within the complex or a secret attic or doorway in the place that may be very difficult to find.

It is just so convenient a place and would provide the perfect place for this creep to take her to. I dont live in the area and I am sure it has no tresspassing type signs but there has to be a way for volunteers to work with the owner or LE to gain access to do some more searching of that place. It could be tricky to get LE to give people permission due to safety but where there is a will there is a way.

I would think maybe contacting the owner somehow and work directly with the owner to gain permission may be the best avenue for a small volunteer team to gain access.
Im thinking along the lines of multiple high powered flashlights, plenty of batteries, a couple crowbars for stubborn doors, gloves, boots, and a good small team of dedicated people that could put in the time to give that place a total checkout from top to bottom and inbetween. It sounds like it may take multiple visits to do the job properly.

What would help tremendously is to even get the plans and blueprints of the place which I bet can be found somewhere. That may show some of the special closet or garage or attic or basement type places that may not be apparant to the naked eye while there.
Blueprints should be readily available.. I agree. Must be engineers who are familiar with the building.. perhaps their help could be enlisted..

Blueprints should be readily available.. I agree. Must be engineers who are familiar with the building.. perhaps their help could be enlisted..

Yes good point. Even if the previous owners dont have them then whoever built the place originally would have copies of their jobs. Architect firms or building contractors that built the place would keep copies of the jobs they built. It would take some digging up but would be very helpful to study that to plan a boots on the ground search.
The blueprints would help to pick out the most ideal places to check first.

Since the cement plant has come up again, maybe the person (if still around) who originally posted pics of it (and outlying buildings) and an overhead shot showing its relation to streets/BC's apt. etc. could re-post them, because yes, it was intriguing at the time (some days there were cars parked at it, but nothing looking particularly like LE). If I recall correctly it's sorta on BC's pathway to the gym he worked out at. I don't s'pose there's any way for us to know what (if any) parts of the plant are still in working order or have electricity? I've got to believe LE did search it well and if by any chance that was YZ's final resting place they already know it, but months ago the discussion here died out.

More information about the case was released:

1.After the kidnapping, the suspect's phone was turned off for three to four hours, and he removed the phone's chip, so he could not be located. According to police, YZ was killed about five hours later that day.

2.YY's family is really hoping the suspect will trade their daughter's whereabouts through 'plea bargaining", but given the current situation, the possibility is fairly small, the suspect is a smart physics student, he has high IQ and he thought the LE could not obtain enough evidence to convict him. In addition, a new team of lawyers has just taken over, and the suspect needs a process to get familiar with them. According to the FBI agent, finding YY is very unoptimistic, unless the suspect opens his mouth, or, in an extremely coincidental situation, someone will find YY's body.

3. YY disappeared from her seat after 15 seconds she got into the suspect's car

4. The FBI is still using evidence from vehicles, bedrooms, mobile phones and outdoor sites to reconstruct the crime scene .

http://www.oeeee.com/mp/a/BAAFRD00002017103156639.html

TY so much for your posts. I'm wondering if that trash dumpster camera actually caught any specific items being disposed of by BC. It could be why they haven't searched if he says on tape he put YY in the dumpster and the camera confirmed it. Where does that trash go?

@kitty, the phone pinged at the terminal around 2.30 p.m. iirc so that text must have generated that ping.

1.After the kidnapping, the suspect's phone was turned off for three to four hours, and he removed the phone's chip, so he could not be located. According to police, YZ was killed about five hours later that day.

2.YY's family is really hoping the suspect will trade their daughter's whereabouts through 'plea bargaining", but given the current situation, the possibility is fairly small, the suspect is a smart physics student, he has high IQ and he thought the LE could not obtain enough evidence to convict him. In addition, a new team of lawyers has just taken over, and the suspect needs a process to get familiar with them. According to the FBI agent, finding YY is very unoptimistic, unless the suspect opens his mouth, or, in an extremely coincidental situation, someone will find YY's body.

4. The FBI is still using evidence from vehicles, bedrooms, mobile phones and outdoor sites to reconstruct the crime scene .

Very interesting. What is the source link? Is it a MSM or LE source? I haven't seen any of this elsewhere so just wonder if you can confirm what www.oeeee.com actually is? TY

I tried a translation for parts of the article, its not very good translation but-

[FONT=&quot]According to the video monitor display, Zhang Ying Ying in after the suspects talking on the co-pilot position, after the car about 15 seconds, have not see chapter Ying Ying in the co-pilot position, indicating that the suspect just on the chapter Ying Ying car, using the means or otherwise held hostage by Zhang Ying Ying brought under control.

[/FONT]
he removed his own phone chip!!!
[FONT=&quot]According right Liu said, after the incident, the suspect's cell phone was turned off three or four hours, he removed the cell phone chip, so it can not be located. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]According to police, the incident at about 5 hours, Zhang Ying Ying had been murdered.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is understood that police are still analyzed by the United States, bedroom, mobile phones, vehicles outdoor scene evidence, and ultimately by the evidence, crime scene reconstruction.

[/FONT]
A comment on the article says he destroyed evidence..
He had time, for sure.
The 5 hr window is troubling and I am not sure if this information was gleaned from the amount of time the chip was out of his phone.
It would be interesting to find out what time exactly he removed the chip and what time he replaced it..

Johnson and Ross Building champaign - its huge!!! http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-03-20/toms-mailbag-march-20-2015.htmlThat's the former C.S. Johnson/Johnson-Ross plant, a building with a notable history not just locally but worldwide.Charles S. Johnson was a civil engineer at the University of Illinois who founded the company in 1921 and "developed and patented a number of aggregate storing and batching designs for the booming highway industry," according to the Association of Equipment Manufacturers, which put Johnson (1877-1941) in its hall of fame in 1993.The plant, at 502 Kenwood Road, is on 9 acres. It closed about 10 years ago and now is owned by Erwin Goldfarb and apparently is used as warehouse space for Goldfarb's apartment operations in Champaign-Urbana. (Current owners 2015)

Good God! Formidable indeed http://static.news-gazette.com/site.../2015/03/20/20150320-134914-pic-397945260.jpg
I will continue searching for better images and plans.

Very interesting. What is the source link? Is it a MSM or LE source? I haven't seen any of this elsewhere so just wonder if you can confirm what www.oeeee.com actually is? TY
www.oeeee.com is Southern Metropolitan Daily, a Shenzhen-based news outlet, who broadcasted the event mentioned in below link (official website of Peking University)

http://stl.pku.edu.cn/news-and-even...sappearance-of-pkusz-graduate-zhang-yingying/

Zhang’s family attorney Mr Wang Zhidong, who was assigned to the family by the Chinese Consulate in Chicago had accompanied the family and was involved in this case from the very beginning, he was invited to the discussion which was held at the university’s School of Transnational Law.

Since there are more and more Chinese students study aboard nowadays, one of the purposes of the discussion is to promote the safety and self-protection awareness and legal consciousness of the students.

During the discussion, Mr Wang shared that the FBI had audio recording in which the suspect talked about how he killed YY. Also he mentioned the family's greatest wish now is to find YY and take her home as soon as possible, as the family has always had a glimmer of hope that they can find her, or if not, even can find a part of her body, which will also be some kinds of comfort and closure to them.

Mr Wang believes in the next two or three weeks, a trial date will be decided, but it is important to note that even if the judge ruled the trial date, the possibility of future extension is still very big, in other words there’s a long way to go for this case.

One of the lawyers in suspect’s current legal team is Robert Tucker, he has more experiences in defending condemned criminals, he is seen by prosecutors to pose a bigger challenge than the previous Brunos.

www.oeeee.com is Southern Metropolitan Daily, a Shenzhen-based news outlet, who broadcasted the event mentioned in below link (official website of Peking University)

http://stl.pku.edu.cn/news-and-even...sappearance-of-pkusz-graduate-zhang-yingying/

Zhang’s family attorney Mr Wang Zhidong, who was assigned to the family by the Chinese Consulate in Chicago had accompanied the family and was involved in this case from the very beginning, he was invited to the discussion which was held at the university’s School of Transnational Law.

Since there are more and more Chinese students study aboard nowadays, one of the purposes of the discussion is to promote the safety and self-protection awareness and legal consciousness of the students.

During the discussion, Mr Wang shared that the FBI had audio recording in which the suspect talked about how he killed YY. Also he mentioned the family's greatest wish now is to find YY and take her home as soon as possible, as the family has always had a glimmer of hope that they can find her, or if not, even can find a part of her body, which will also be some kinds of comfort and closure to them.

Mr Wang believes in the next two or three weeks, a trial date will be decided, but it is important to note that even if the judge ruled the trial date, the possibility of future extension is still very big, in other words there’s a long way to go for this case.

One of the lawyers in suspect’s current legal team is Robert Tucker, he has more experiences in defending condemned criminals, he is seen by prosecutors to pose a bigger challenge than the previous Brunos.
Interview with wang Zhidong [video=youtube;v-8JY826dgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-8JY826dgE[/video]

I was just wondering why the family mentioned that they will find some comforts even if they only find a part of YY's body? Is it because they knew that the body was dismembered or they were just saying it to express their determination to find her?

I was just wondering why the family mentioned that they will find some comforts even if they only find a part of YY's body? Is it because they knew that the body was dismembered or they were just saying it to express their determination to find her?
Not necessarily.
after almost 5 months, mostly summer, depending upon where he disposed of it, body would be badly decomposed by now..

I am really having problems understanding why active searches are not continuing.
That Johnson-Ross building could take a full month of 20people 247 searching.. alone.
If he killed her within 5 hrs, and then switched his phone back on, LE will know his location when he inserted the chip again.
was he at home?
who did he call, what did he research in that period of time following the alleged murder.. Had he already disposed of her?

I'm not sure we can trust the 5 hr window..
What time did he remove chip from his phone? After or before he picked her up?

Hey.

I'm new here, a Champaign local who has been following this closely. My wife is Chinese and has had guys pull up to her at bus stops or while out walking several times since she has lived here, so something like this was something I was always afraid would eventually happen

I think it is just determination to find her. If they can't find her entire body, then just any part of her that they can take home and put to rest properly.

I really don't know how much they know. I'm sure they know much more than the public at large, but in every interview, they say they don't have that much specific information because of the need for protection of evidence and to avoid compromising the legal proceedings; they are frustrated by this, but understand why it has to be this way.

From a Chinese article posted here a few days earlier, the translation made it seem like they still have a tiny glimmer of hope that she is somehow still alive, but they of course realize it is unlikely, given how sure the prosecutors claim they are of the evidence that that she is dead. It also seems to clearly state that they don't have any good clues as to where she is, but that they are very much still searching.....

Hey.

I'm new here, a Champaign local who has been following this closely. My wife is Chinese and has had guys pull up to her at bus stops or while out walking several times since she has lived here, so something like this was something I was always afraid would eventually happen

I think it is just determination to find her. If they can't find her entire body, then just any part of her that they can take home and put to rest properly.

I really don't know how much they know. I'm sure they know much more than the public at large, but in every interview, they say they don't have that much specific information because of the need for protection of evidence and to avoid compromising the legal proceedings; they are frustrated by this, but understand why it has to be this way.

From a Chinese article posted here a few days earlier, the translation made it seem like they still have a tiny glimmer of hope that she is somehow still alive, but they of course realize it is unlikely, given how sure the prosecutors claim they are of the evidence that that she is dead. It also seems to clearly state that they don't have any good clues as to where she is, but that they are very much still searching.....
You are warmly welcome.
Thanks for joining in.
I had read in a university chat room that chinese women were harassed a lot..
Thanks for confirming it.

Do you happen to know anything about the extent of the searches that were conducted?
Do you know whether any of the students conducted internet searches for traces of BC?

Some of us are dismayed, to put it mildly, at the lack of search evidence.. many of us dearly wish we could help find her..

This is what I always thought was the case. That he was likely finished and she was dead before her advisor even reported her missing.

This would explain why the family is going to go home for the time being sometime in November. No need for them to sit around here bleeding away money when the trial may not yet take place for a year, and they do not think they are close to finding her. Not sure when they are leaving, but November 7th seems to stick out in my mind.....

Not sure when I noticed this, but I remember at some point noticing in the published video that I couldn't see her in the passenger seat anymore. Others noticed this too. On a Chinese message board, some were theorizing that he may have hit her with a stun gun (they are legal in Illinois), and one poster claimed he thought he could see a flash go off in the car. He proceeded through the intersection with University avenue and continued north on Goodwin. There are at least two security cameras further up that road that would have looked right at the passenger side window as he was driving north. If she were incapacitated and slumped forward onto the floor, they obviously wouldn't see her in the window. This may be why he thought he could get away with saying he dropped her off after a couple of blocks -he may have known she wouldn't be visible in the footage of those cameras if he got her incapacitated quickly enough....

Ugh. Outdoor sites. I wonder if he took her somewhere else before his apartment to bundle her up so he could get her back into his apartment. There were people on local Chinese social media saying that investigators had security camera footage of his car getting on I74 eastbound that afternoon. I always wondered if that was misinformation disseminated in order to get him thinking that the FBI was looking at someone else. Now, I don't know. I suppose it could also be from outside of his apartment around the dumpsters....

I'm actually surprised he shared some of this info. I would have thought some of this stuff would be stuff the FBI wouldn't want disclosed......

This is what I always thought was the case. That he was likely finished and she was dead before her advisor even reported her missing.

This would explain why the family is going to go home for the time being sometime in November. No need for them to sit around here bleeding away money when the trial may not yet take place for a year, and they do not think they are close to finding her. Not sure when they are leaving, but November 7th seems to stick out in my mind.....

Not sure when I noticed this, but I remember at some point noticing in the published video that I couldn't see her in the passenger seat anymore. Others noticed this too. On a Chinese message board, some were theorizing that he may have hit her with a stun gun (they are legal in Illinois), and one poster claimed he thought he could see a flash go off in the car. He proceeded through the intersection with University avenue and continued north on Goodwin. There are at least two security cameras further up that road that would have looked right at the passenger side window as he was driving north. If she were incapacitated and slumped forward onto the floor, they obviously wouldn't see her in the window. This may be why he thought he could get away with saying he dropped her off after a couple of blocks -he may have known she wouldn't be visible in the footage of those cameras if he got her incapacitated quickly enough....

Ugh. Outdoor sites. I wonder if he took her somewhere else before his apartment to bundle her up so he could get her back into his apartment. There were people on local Chinese social media saying that investigators had security camera footage of his car getting on I74 eastbound that afternoon. I always wondered if that was misinformation disseminated in order to get him thinking that the FBI was looking at someone else. Now, I don't know. I suppose it could also be from outside of his apartment around the dumpsters....

I'm actually surprised he shared some of this info. I would have thought some of this stuff would be stuff the FBI wouldn't want disclosed......

We spent a lot of time on the videos here... we enlarged them and theorised wildly.
On a clear copy of the govt issue cctv recording, which showed her entering the car, her head was invisible almost before she got her second leg in, but she did move it herself, movement was natural, not dragged..
For that reason some of us tended to disregard the apparently missing person in the passenger side.
To that end, how far exactly were the traffic cameras?
Thats good news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member