Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article did not specify the number of vehicles/bedrooms/mobile phones etc, Chinese language is very different from English, you cannot tell whether it is plural or not from the word itself. So mobile phones in my translation means mobile phone or mobile phones, can be both.

Please don't read too much into the words I used in my translation, my English is not very good:( and sometimes I have to reply on some translation tools.

Thank you for reading my posts though;)
Thank you for that information and the exciting discussion that ensued.. Please continue to post news from China and we will keep searching for her.

so, back to where we were at..
1.After the kidnapping, the suspect's phone was turned off for three to four hours, and he removed the phone's chip, so he could not be located. According to police, YZ was killed about five hours later that day.

I'm just trying to take this piecemeal again..
-he turned his phone off after the kidnapping
-he removed chip
-he brought her back to his apartment
-and she was dead by approximately 7pm, assuming she was killed 5 hrs after the kidnapping or was it 5 hrs after he removed chip? Assume the former..
But they are also checking outdoor site or sites?

No we know he drove northbound- I'm still with the feeling he stayed urban..
Are there any known dark alleys or really quiet streets or roads where he could have immobilised her without fear of interruption?

This is a really short window.. but its all we have for now.

What are the possibilities?
He had to have stopped the car in order to immobilise her? Possibly dragged her out of it? Or does outdoor site refer to where he disposed of her?
Ok based on the driving north from his apartment up 57 the first large body of water is 30 miles out (40 min drive) at a place called Loda ("the best kept secret in the mid-west" on the website). These lakes/reservoirs cover more than 200 acres. With time to bury or hide the body that could easily account for 3-4 hours that the phone chip was removed. MOO.

Ok based on the driving north from his apartment up 57 the first large body of water is 30 miles out (40 min drive) at a place called Loda ("the best kept secret in the mid-west" on the website). These lakes/reservoirs cover more than 200 acres. With time to bury or hide the body that could easily account for 3-4 hours that the phone chip was removed. MOO.
Problem is chip was removed after the kidnapping..implication is immediately after..
He did not kill her instantly.
And its possible too that he was not finished with her when she died.
I see no reason to remove the chip and then go straight home with her. What would be the point?
Perhaps it meant he removed the chip when he was disposing of her which could have been anytime after the kidnapping.. not necessarily immediately?
They certainly do have information regarding his phone being switched off.. we dont have it.

Problem is chip was removed after the kidnapping..implication is immediately after..
He did not kill her instantly.
And its possible too that he was not finished with her when she died.
I see no reason to remove the chip and then go straight home with her. What would be the point?
Perhaps it meant he removed the chip when he was disposing of her which could have been anytime after the kidnapping.. not necessarily immediately?
They certainly do have information regarding his phone being switched off.. we dont have it.
That's what I'm thinking, he was at the apartment a couple of hours before he removed chip and then went elsewhere to eventually kill and hide YY. No point him removing the chip for the first few hours while he was at the apartment, then putting it back in for two hours - no point that I can see anyway. MOO.

That's what I'm thinking, he was at the apartment a couple of hours before he removed chip and then went elsewhere to eventually kill and hide YY. No point him removing the chip for the first few hours while he was at the apartment, then putting it back in for two hours - no point that I can see anyway. MOO.
Ok flip back to just after he picked her up, stay urban.. he needed to tie her or immobilise her in some fashion prior to carrying her back to his apt.
Heading Northward on the route specified.. lanes, vacant buildings, where does he bring her first?
I'm assuming now he may have injected her/ hit her/ something immediate... almost immediately to render her unconscious but he still needs to tie her up maybe.. he has ropes with him.. assume..where does he go and are there any cctv cameras in the area?

OK, now I'm confused. I thought when Bruno left the case it was primarily because they were charging BC with murder. Now I'm hearing they haven't? and won't decide whether to do do until Feb 1st? Also is it for sure the the Zhaang family will be leaving here? My God, this whole thing has just made me ill.

Feds HAVE charged him with murder, they are just thinking about charging hime the DP.

Feds HAVE charged him with murder, they are just thinking about charging hime the DP.

Technically (as I understand it) they have charged him with kidnapping leading to death (and further indicated it was premeditated), but have not charged him with 1st or 2nd degree murder -- that is why it is confusing to people. Again, the 'kidnapping leading to death' charge I think keeps it in Federal jurisdiction and open to the death penalty. (But again any lawyers feel free to correct me)

One other lawyerly thing I'm curious about: to plead insanity does the defense have to show a defendant does not know right from wrong, or can someone know right from wrong, but still having chosen to do wrong, plead insanity?

Thanks girl! That cement building is screaming blue murder at me..
Would love to see it either was or is being thoroughly completely searched..

As has been mentioned many times, it is private property and NOT abandoned. The building is in use. Rehashing ground that has been covered is pointless.

Technically (as I understand it) they have charged him with kidnapping leading to death (and further indicated it was premeditated), but have not charged him with 1st or 2nd degree murder -- that is why it is confusing to people. Again, the 'kidnapping leading to death' charge I think keeps it in Federal jurisdiction and open to the death penalty. (But again any lawyers feel free to correct me)

One other lawyerly thing I'm curious about: to plead insanity does the defense have to show a defendant does not know right from wrong, or can someone know right from wrong, but still having chosen to do wrong, plead insanity?
Thanks for that.
I dont know the answer to your legal question but I imagine it depends upon which disease he chooses for himself.. some are pathological, organic..some undiagnosed.. he has a feast at his disposal.
But with descriptions like 'meticulous planning' heinous cruel etc showing a certain presence of mind for his task, an ability to plan, execute the task and destroy evidence he will be limited in what he can try.
the no remorse, the lying, the not guilty pleas, the refusal to disclose the location of her body show a huge sense of self preservation..which is inconsistent with many psychiatric diagnoses he may attempt..
Also the presence of the tape proves he had full recollection of the event, it did not occur in a psychiatric 'fugue' which he does not even remember.. the attempts to lie to the FBI also show his cunning..
He immediately, in first court appearance stated he was taking a particularly strong anxiolytic for 'depression'..
I'm not sure what kind of depression he thinks will shorten his sentence..

Admin Note

Please post responsibly and be respectful of your fellow posters.

If you find a post has violated the TOS or is offensive, please hit the alert button and a moderator will respond accordingly.

If anyone is found disrupting the thread it may result in the loss of posting privileges.

Thank you

Rules Etiquette & Information

Dealing With Your Fellow Posters

It’s my 10 month old daughter[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok flip back to just after he picked her up, stay urban.. he needed to tie her or immobilise her in some fashion prior to carrying her back to his apt.
Heading Northward on the route specified.. lanes, vacant buildings, where does he bring her first?
I'm assuming now he may have injected her/ hit her/ something immediate... almost immediately to render her unconscious but he still needs to tie her up maybe.. he has ropes with him.. assume..where does he go and are there any cctv cameras in the area?
The reason I think he took her to the apartment straightaway is because her phone pinged at the terminal at 02.38 p.m. So 10-20 minutes to get her to the apartment and then back out to car to retrieve back pack and phone but not soon enough to prevent that ping. He may actually have heard it go off and then destroyed it. He may then have thought " oh ***** my phone " and removed his chip from his phone at that point. MOO.

As has been mentioned many times, it is private property and NOT abandoned. The building is in use. Rehashing ground that has been covered is pointless.
Who is using the building? Do you have a link? That could br useful to know for any permissions required etc.

The reason I think he took her to the apartment straightaway is because her phone pinged at the terminal at 02.38 p.m. So 10-20 minutes to get her to the apartment and then back out to car to retrieve back pack and phone but not soon enough to prevent that ping. He may actually have heard it go off and then destroyed it. He may then have thought " oh ***** my phone " and removed his chip from his phone at that point. MOO.
Do you think he actually took her INTO the apartment or perhaps to one of the garages? Just curiosity on my part.

Who is using the building? Do you have a link? That could br useful to know for any permissions required etc.
I posted a link with owner's details yesterday while we were discussing the photographs of the place.. it was before webthrush's links..
I am sure they would be obliging.. why not?

Do you think he actually took her INTO the apartment or perhaps to one of the garages? Just curiosity on my part.

Very possible. The Chinese investigator speaking at the seminar in Shenzhen mentioned they were analyzing data from "outdoor sites," and I think that would qualify. I don't know if they had rented a garage unit. I will see if I can find out.........

EDIT: Even if he did have her in a garage, I do believe for sure that she did end up in his apartment eventually.

The 5 hour window.. 'investigators thought she was dead after 5 hours'
Could that be a result of his having put her somewhere unsustainable for life for longer than a few hours?
I'm thinking about those underground caves with the heating pipes etc again.. but there are possibly other possibilities.. like leaving her near where a high tide would come in after a period of a few hours..
What are the possibilities?

I posted a link with owner's details yesterday while we were discussing the photographs of the place.. it was before webthrush's links..
I am sure they would be obliging.. why not?
The owner may not be the one actually using the building necessarily. A 9 acre site may be in use by several companies. Calzone mentioned previously they live just a block or so away so that's why i asked in my reply to their post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member