Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean yeah there are plenty of ways, but I am speaking realistically within the parameters that LE have laid out. Within them, there is not plenty of possibilities.
Well, we disagree… I think within whatever set of parameters you accept, there are plenty of possibilities (granted some more plausible than others)… but the limiting factor for me is that from early on, so far as we know, police did little searching and certainly never encouraged citizen searches, even to obvious areas nearby his apt. Given that they had him on tape (most of which they haven’t disclosed), I think that means they know what he did and know there is no body to search for. But that’s just my reading of it (for now).

Well, we disagree… I think within whatever set of parameters accept, there are plenty of possibilities (granted some more plausible than others)… but the limiting factor for me is that from early on, so far as we know, police did little searching and certainly never encouraged citizen searches, even to obvious areas nearby his apt. Given that they had him on tape (most of which they haven’t disclosed), I think that means they know what he did and know there is no body to search for. But that’s just my reading of it (for now).

LE has found bodies that have been incinerated, buried, thrown away before. Why stop the search and not encourage any kind of search. Thats what I dont get. If its been done over and over before, what makes this different. I want to know, i wish LE said more.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ys-want-trial-delayed-until-october-2018.html

"As noted, the government has already been examining forensic evidence between four and five months without producing reports and there is no reason to think the defense will be able to proceed on this front any more expeditiously. And, as noted, the forensics are only a piece of the

Conceding that the government attorneys are at the mercy of experts' schedules, the defense said it takes issue "with the government's apparent assumption that the defense should just be prepared to go forward irrespective of the same problems of delay likely to be encountered by the defense, who, after all, do not have a host of government agencies at its beck and call."

This places an enormous responsibility on defense counsel, two of whom have full caseloads requiring travel throughout the large geographic area of the Central District of Illinois," the public defenders wrote.

That is some whinge!!
Nt exactly victim friendly, is it?
what do they think they are being paid to do here?
Create a situation where a mistrial gets declared because they saw fit to make these PUBLIC statements pre trial?

SMH.

BC's defense team still asking to push date of trial back to October 2018..

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-11-08/accused-kidnappers-attorneys-ask-trial-delay.html

The article gives some insight into some of the evidence they have

The reasons given by defense team sound rational to me, though I don't want the extension to happen.

I began to worry about the prosecutors, if they want to expedite the case why they haven't passed all the information to defense? Do they really have sufficient evidences to convict BC as they told the family?

The reasons given by defense team sound rational to me, though I don't want the extension to happen.

I began to worry about the prosecutors, if they want to expedite the case why they haven't passed all the information to defense? Do they really have sufficient evidences to convict BC as they told the family?

bbm

Rushing to catch BC's attorney's off guard and not turning over the evidence they have seems to me to be an attempt to scare BC into a plea deal without giving a trail.It really makes me question if they have enough to convict.

Note what is absent in the list: video

My guess is there is more to come that the defense doesnt have yet.

There is supposed to be terabytes of video, but they dont complain about it. I wonder why. This would be something I would think they would complain about....

There is supposed to be terabytes of video, but they dont complain about it. I wonder why. This would be something I would think they would complain about....

Unless it was a bluff and they know nothing is on video...

There has been a reference to it- possibly concerning the Brunos.. link is on this thread.. several tetrabytes..

I dont think that was one of the Bruno's complaints.. I wonder whether onus was on Brunos to hand it to defence?

Do they have sufficient to convict him of anything apart from giving her a drive?
Have the prosecution complained of insufficient resources?

The FBI are handling the case, they will take their own sweet time about it and disclose nothing at all.

That should not include lying to her parents though..

Could we pinpoint the exact time the searching apparently stopped?
Was it related to the first fBI 'believe her to be dead' statement?

We may be able to track it from when they seized some of his property, following forensic examination of his car or some other incident that is public information?

Really need some clues here..

http://foxillinois.com/news/local/who-is-brendt-christensen

Not sure if this link works but I wasn't impressed with the story. They visited his hometown and spoke with a classmate that didn't even know him personally that said he was the most likely to do something like this because he wore dark clothes and liked dark things.
link will just take me to an advert for the programme.
So disappointing.. did they produce any new information at all?

link will just take me to an advert for the programme.
So disappointing.. did they produce any new information at all?

No Kitty, it was a five minutes total fluff piece. The reporter went to his hometown only talked to one guy who even said that BC wasn't a " friend " but that he was into dark music and I'm guessing a goth style. She then interviewed 2 of BC's students from here at the U of I. They also added nothing of interest. It was VERY poorly done. Now it makes me wonder if WCIA's family interview that will be on tomorrows news will be as half-a$$ed as this was. sigh...

No Kitty, it was a five minutes total fluff piece. The reporter went to his hometown only talked to one guy who even said that BC wasn't a " friend " but that he was into dark music and I'm guessing a goth style. She then interviewed 2 of BC's students from here at the U of I. They also added nothing of interest. It was VERY poorly done. Now it makes me wonder if WCIA's family interview that will be on tomorrows news will be as half-a$$ed as this was. sigh...

My guess is the WCIA interview will be an TV airing of the video interview with the family done by the Daily Illini last week, with maybe a little bit more added in.

For what it is worth, I think the family has already left CU. They are flying back to China on the 10th, and I think they were supposed to go to Chicago for a couple of days first....

From the article, evidence:

"That includes DNA from Christensen, his wife, Ms. Zhang, her father and her boyfriend; two of Christensen's laptop computers; electronic devices belonging to him and his wife; Ms. Zhang's computer; fingerprints; trace evidence including fibers, chothings, shoes, furniture, appliance and carpet samples from Christensen's home and car; Christensen's telephone records; and his email records."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

"Appliance samples."

what could that be? From his washing machine? a dishwasher?

Ugh. I just remembered. On one of his profiles (Tinder, perhaps?) he listed having a "fear of garbage disposals."

Ugh......

I found it eventually!
Appalling klik bait.. researched off a reddit channel which was there from the beginning.. they never even showed his alleged house... frustrating.
I'm going to search the sewers if anybody wants to join me. I'm looking specifically for a large manhole capable of taking the full size of a human and the type of chamber or system below it?? In or around his apartment only though..

"Appliance samples."

Ugh. I just remembered. On one of his profiles (Tinder, perhaps?) he listed having a "fear of garbage disposals."

Ugh......
I keep remembering that his apartment was located beside the laundry room and wonder if he could have either killed her or tortured her there or somehow disposed of her there?
I was trying to find an image of the laundry room interior, unsuccessful to date.

I keep remembering that his apartment was located beside the laundry room and wonder if he could have either killed her or tortured her there or somehow disposed of her there?
I was trying to find an image of the laundry room interior, unsuccessful to date.

If that's a laundry facility for the whole complex, no way he would do something there. Too great a chance someone would interrupt him.

If that's a laundry facility for the whole complex, no way he would do something there. Too great a chance someone would interrupt him.
I still want to look at it, see exactly what was there.
Remember he had been living there for some time, long enough to have an idea whether the other people in his block were away or at home that weekend..

"Appliance samples."

Ugh......
Yup. That one got me, too. All possibilities I can think of lead to something gruesome. Of course, we know this whole thing was gruesome. But it still drives it home again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member