Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it confirm it? I did not see any LE or MSM links there other than redacted FB post made by other students.
Everipedia is a media news source and mods have allowed it so that's confirmed it for me anyway. It's what I always thought.

Re: Decatur… I think they are stressing that it is a “local” case (meaning Decatur) specifically to avoid false conclusions that it is related to the Zhang case in Champaign. I was intrigued only because of the tight-lippedness of it and the FBI involvement -- when I grew up in Decatur decades ago FBI presence was a rare thing.
Having said all that I’ll throw out one other remote possibility: BC may have disposed of the body in Champaign in a dumpster (and a landfill) but disposed of all her belongings elsewhere, far away, knowing that they wouldn’t deteriorate nearly as rapidly as her body would.
But I've never seen any hint of BC making trips to Decatur, and it was never much of a destination for outlying college students.

ETA: nice local news report on the search (just still not much hard info):
https://www.facebook.com/KaitlynMConnolly/videos/1938031529744911/
Yep their last words as to whether it's local to Decatur or local to Illinois are that they're not sure.

Is there any other local case involving FBI?

Yep their last words as to whether it's local to Decatur or local to Illinois are that they're not sure.

Is there any other local case involving FBI?
The only case news outlets keep mentioning is the Zachary Hubbartt murder (over a drug deal), and I don't see any reason FBI would be involved with that... but there may well be other FBI cases in Decatur. I continue to doubt Lake Decatur has any connection to Zhang case, but the amount, length, and secrecy of LE presence is puzzling... hopefully, they'll explain within a week what it's about -- this continual withholding of information from the public in so many cases is grating and just generates wild speculation.

The only case news outlets keep mentioning is the Zachary Hubbartt murder (over a drug deal), and I don't see any reason FBI would be involved with that... but there may well be other FBI cases in Decatur. I continue to doubt Lake Decatur has any connection to Zhang case, but the amount, length, and secrecy of LE presence is puzzling... hopefully, they'll explain within a week what it's about -- this continual withholding of information from the public in so many cases is grating and just generates wild speculation.
It is possible he has revealed the location I guess.

It is possible he has revealed the location I guess.

Is there any plea agreement that needs to be discussed by both parties before he reveals? The Zhang family just returned to China yesterday……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any plea agreement that needs to be discussed by both parties before he reveals? The Zhang family just returned to China yesterday……

I guess the lawyers would have that authority. Hopefully we'll know the details of this later in the week and what local case it relates too. Keeping our eyes on it anyway.

As far as bigger lakes go Decatur is about 45 miles. Clinton lake is about 50 miles. Lake Vermillion in Danville is about 50 miles. All are large enough for boating. Not sure if all have rentals tho. But all do have bridges that cross over them.
They all are within the approximate travel time /phone chip removal time as well. Dropping from a bridge into a lake is certainly a possibility. With a concrete block or two to weigh it down .
And for someone a bit lazy it's easier than digging a grave.
AJMO. .

I'm not holding much hope that he will ever confess.
If he does it will be part of a plea agreement, if the death penalty petition is granted.
That has not yet been decided.
Nor has it been decided whether a plea from him is acceptable trade for this heinous crime.

If they are searching for her, it is more likely they found evidence rather than anything BC admitted.

Its better he gets no options here.
Its better if she is located independently.
Leave him with nothing. He deserves nothing now.

Theres a rush on now to sleuth harder than we ever did for any clue at all that might possibly lead us to her location.
I'm driven by rage against him to leave no stone unturned, even stones that have been looked at a million times.
Any lead, any tip is worthy of pursuit. No matter how vague.

Its unlikely its her the feds are searching for at this late stage.. they should have done it months ago.. I hope they freeze their ghoulies off. But I hope they find her and keep searching until they do.
Meanwhile we can keep trawling, if everybody puts an effort in.. we could just do it.

i had not realised about the bridges before trunkisbak's post last night.. it would be an easy solution for him.

But, surely the alleged confidante at the march would have asked him what he did with her, as part of his 'unveiling',,
i know I would have asked that question.
would everybody?

he was allegedly going into some detail and describing a struggle....

I sincerely hope she did ask..
but we do not know how much , if any of it is true.

There will be no plea until death penalty is on the table.. decision to be made by Feb 27, gives us 3 months.. not long.

Can someone explain to me how he could be faced with the death penalty if Illinois banned it?

Can someone explain to me how he could be faced with the death penalty if Illinois banned it?
He's being charged in Federal Court under Federal jurisdiction... Federal Law (permitting death penalty) supersedes Illinois law.

From what I gather maybe Webthrush is from Decatur ( I lived in Decatur from 67 to 69 ) Much as I want to believe the Feebs are looking for YY's body , I;m inclined to think the theory of him pitching her phone , purse etc. 2 reasons ( all jmo ) Driving an hour in a car with a dead body would be so risky. If this was done during daytime these bridges have high visibility. Having to stop, get out and throw a body out would be very risky. Whereas if it was just a satchel with belongings in it. He could literally sling it out the window .
Final point, as to the FBI searching lake Decatur. The implication that they are looking for the gun used in a local murder. OK, that's possible but why is the FBI involved and why would they not just say they're looking for a gun?? It smackes of the kind of secrecy the YY case has had all along.

From what I gather maybe Webthrush is from Decatur ( I lived in Decatur from 67 to 69 ) Much as I want to believe the Feebs are looking for YY's body , I;m inclined to think the theory of him pitching her phone , purse etc. 2 reasons ( all jmo ) Driving an hour in a car with a dead body would be so risky. If this was done during daytime these bridges have high visibility. Having to stop, get out and throw a body out would be very risky. Whereas if it was just a satchel with belongings in it. He could literally sling it out the window .
Final point, as to the FBI searching lake Decatur. The implication that they are looking for the gun used in a local murder. OK, that's possible but why is the FBI involved and why would they not just say they're looking for a gun?? It smackes of the kind of secrecy the YY case has had all along.

Only reason I could think of the Feds being involved in the local murder is if it is in connection with some sort of criminal activity the Feds are monitoring/investigating......

He was indicted in federal court

Fun fact: IF for some reason the Feds screw up and botch the trial ( I don't think they will, but just in case...) Illinois can still indict him for kidnapping and murder, as the state has jurisdiction here as well.

I'm sure there is nothing imminent, as they just went home. The prosecutors would most likely ask them to sign off on any plea deal.

I doubt a deal would be imminent. If the Feds are still looking for her and are actively searching landfills now, they have no reason to deal. If they find her, he is screwed. He has nothing that could hold off the death penalty once she is found. I have seen multiple reports over the months that the family wants the death penalty, but are willing to deal to find her body. My guess would be that they are willing to wait and let the Feds look until the Feds tell them they have no clue and have exhausted all options of searching for her.

This does go against what Zhidong Wang said last week about the Feds thinking they weren't going to find her, but maybe they simply said this because they knew searching a landfill would take a long time, and even if she is in it, they might not find her -so better to let the family go home and take a break because it could be a while -and the trial could be even a while longer away.

From BCs standpoint, it doesn't make sense to deal yet, either. Maybe he still thinks he can beat the charge and be found innocent. The moment he tells where she is, he is basically admitting guilt.

Also re LF tips.. its possible duffle bag did not contain a body but her and his own belongings.. clothes etc..
I imagine he would have known to get rid of any evidence.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but I think there is no way he would mix any of his clothes or belongings he used in commission of this crime in with her belongings. He wouldn't want anything to tie him to this if someone found it.....

I have a feeling if that tip went in very early in June, they would have found her by now..

Not necessarily. From what someone said here, waste from C-U goes to 3-4 different landfills. It may have taken them some time to corroborate the tip with other evidence in order to make the call to begin searching landfills. Then they would have to try and determine for each landfill what section(s) had waste from C-U during the period of June 9-16 dumped there, and quarantine them off, THEN start searching; they may be searching one landfill at a time, too.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but I think there is no way he would mix any of his clothes or belongings he used in commission of this crime in with her belongings. He wouldn't want anything to tie him to this if someone found it.....

Not necessarily. From what someone said here, waste from C-U goes to 3-4 different landfills. It may have taken them some time to corroborate the tip with other evidence in order to make the call to begin searching landfills. Then they would have to try and determine for each landfill what section(s) had waste from C-U during the period of June 9-16 dumped there, and quarantine them off, THEN start searching; they may be searching one landfill at a time, too.
Is there a link for either the tip or the LF search as at the moment noone has posted one so it is rumour.

Also, if BC decided to plead guilty right now to the current charges, would that halt any death penalty procedures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769