Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kittythehare and everyone for all of the trial updates.

I am honestly afraid of having nightmares about this case. We have a real twisted defendant with this case and its so scary to think he was walking the streets. Today's mention of how during the Vigil he casually asked the GF if she wanted to follow another random girl home to do who knows what has creeped me out.

Thanks Kittythehare and everyone for all of the trial updates.

I am honestly afraid of having nightmares about this case. We have a real twisted defendant with this case and its so scary to think he was walking the streets. Today's mention of how during the Vigil he casually asked the GF if she wanted to follow another random girl home to do who knows what has creeped me out.
He had decided it was time for a partner, most likely as he clearly wanted to continue- killing.
I think, worldwide there has been a huge increase in opportunistic violence of the most depraved kind, many blame *advertiser censored*.
30 r 40 years ago when people wanted to experience different mind states they took acid, had a trip, went home, nobody died..(not meaning to trivialise or generalise with this)
Now it's about sadism. It is worldwide. A trend.

1. Prosecution: He (BC) wasn’t sure she was dead so he kept stabbing her in the neck? TB: Yes @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Courtney Bunting‏ @cbuntingWCIA3 5m5 minutes ago
    BC to TB: “I choked her [Yingying] for what must have been 10 minutes.” He goes on to say he hit her with a bat to split her head open, then started stabbing her in the neck. @WCIA3

3. rosecution: “And you (TB) said, ‘So she [Yingying] was able to grab?’” He goes on to question what TB meant by that question.
  4. TB explains that BC had once said, “I’ve seen videos. Some people will grab things, like, after you think they’re dead.” TB says that was BC’s reasoning for stabbing Yingying after splitting her head open

I get the feeling he knew or at least suspected, because why would he check her phone. And c why would he type those four sentences, show her and then delete them. Was he planning to kill her or what do posters think? I think she had nerves of steel and don't understand how the FBI can risk someone's life like this.

Every time they met in person, the FBI had ag3nts nearby surveiling them for her protection, and there were FBI agents surveilling the march. They were probably tailing them on the walk home, too....

FBI Special Agent Greg Catey is called to the witness stand. Catey has 16+ years of experience in cellular call detail records and is considered an “expert in the field”. @WCIA3

Catey confirms that cell phone records show both Yingying and BC’s phones stopped sending text messages and phone calls around 2 p.m. on June 9, the day Yingying was last seen.

Catey indicates BC didn’t send any texts or make any phone calls for around five hours around the time of Yingying’s disappearance. Catey indicates this was unusual compared to BC’s typical cell phone usage.

Catey says records show that Yingying’s phone was disabled around 2/2:30 on June 9, 2017. He didn’t know how. Cross examination questioned if the phone was ever found. Catey says no.

The Chinese investigator I mentioned many times before said investigators think she was killed about five hours after being picked up.....

Courtney Bunting on Twitter

Catey indicates BC didn’t send any texts or make any phone calls for around five hours around the time of Yingying’s disappearance. Catey indicates this was unusual compared to BC’s typical cell phone usage.

FBI Special Agent Andrew Huckstadt is called to the stand. He is questioned about the meaning of Yingying’s name. He says it means “shining brightly” and “smart”. @

In a call made from Macon County Jail between BC and ex-wife Michelle, BC asks her to delete any comments from his account that look “stupid”
this!!!
Huckstadt says U of I police’s Reddit account made a post about the suspect in Yingying’s disappearance riding around in a black vehicle “pretending to be a cop”. Under that post, BC commented,”That’s very Ted Bundy-esque... scary.”
(taunting investigators??/)
this
Recording of conversation between Michelle and BC from Macon County Jail: BC: “Tell TB to not say anything to anyone other than our lawyers.” Michelle: “Okay
(OUR???)
BC: “Did you get ahold of Bunny [TB]?” Michelle: “I texted her.” BC: “I just hope she’s okay'
ABOVE FROM COURTNEY TWEETING FOR AARON

He was concerned for 'Bunny'. Roish! I'm surprised that he was unaware of the wire at this stage.
I wonder when they told him and how he handled it? That's one vid I would like to see-maliciously

Huckstadt is questioned about BC’s enrollment in a U of I course called Sociology of Deviance. He’s asked if “serial killer” appeared anywhere in a photocopy of the class’ textbook. He says no.

Cross examination asks if Huckstadt had time to read the entire textbook. He says no, only the pages presented to him. They ask if he saw any mention of murder/death/etc. He says he doesn’t know.

Cross: Those are terms (murder/death/etc.) to describe criminals? Do you consider serial killers criminals? Huckstadt: Yes. @WCI

Judge says he expects both sides to rest their case tomorrow and for closing arguments to begin Monday.
Above Coutney again.

(Have no idea where defense was going with this line of questioning)

Welcome back. Were you the poster who saw B.C.'s wife at the gym early morning the Monday after B.C. was arrested?

I had to step away from this case for a bit. After hearing all of the horrible details, I got extremely creeped out that my husband went to the gym with BC and talked to him on many occasions. I get a really sick feeling inside every time I think about it. All the times I had talked of going along with the husband...to be in his very presence and within reach...I just can't. So grateful there are so many here for YY.

I, for one, am very interested to see if B.C. will truly follow his idols' footsteps and fire his lawyers to represent himself. He has talked a good game but unless he either fires his lawyers or insists on testifying, I am not believing anything that comes out of his mouth.

sorry if these have already come up in the flurry of tweets we’ve had, but just a couple of quotes (bolded) that caught my eye from this article:
Brendt Christensen's serial killer boast doubted in Chinese scholar case

BC:
"She was stronger than any victim I've ever had," he says, adding that some of his victims "were gone in one punch."

“Prosecutors dangled the possibility Christensen killed before during openings last week. Under most circumstances, mention of previous, unproven crimes would lead to a mistrial. But prosecutors seem to want to illustrate, not that Christensen actually killed others, but that homicidal fantasies motivated his killing of Zhang, whose body was never found.”
——————

...from cutoff of cellphone data sounds like BC did disable YY very quickly once she was in the car (a taser?); and then I would think had to get her to an isolated spot (no cars, walkers, etc.) where he could stuff her into duffelbag without being seen, IF he even went straight home (which I’m doubtful of). How far would one have to drive to find such an isolated spot from where he was at?

Actually Crystal Lake Park/Busey Woods during the day has some quiet areas where one could park and get away with something unnoticed for a few minutes. Coincidentally, it is the direction/neighborhood where he says he drove first and then let her out...

sorry if these have already come up in the flurry of tweets we’ve had, but just a couple of quotes (bolded) that caught my eye from this article:

BC:
"She was stronger than any victim I've ever had," he says, adding that some of his victims "were gone in one punch."

“Prosecutors dangled the possibility Christensen killed before during openings last week. Under most circumstances, mention of previous, unproven crimes would lead to a mistrial. But prosecutors seem to want to illustrate, not that Christensen actually killed others, but that homicidal fantasies motivated his killing of Zhang, whose body was never found.”
——————

...from cutoff of cellphone data sounds like BC did disable YY very quickly once she was in the car (a taser?); and then I would think had to get her to an isolated spot (no cars, walkers, etc.) where he could stuff her into duffelbag without being seen, IF he even went straight home (which I’m doubtful of). How far would one have to drive to find such an isolated spot from where he was at?
Link unavailable to Europeans.
One punch?
I wonder how he understands that sentence? Literal punch or gunshot?
I think he may have attempted to try persuading her to stay with him awhile.. he was able to confirm she was meeting a professor, she had made that arrangement for later that evening. It's a possible response to a question he asked her.

I'm a tad confused by forensic evidence, need to know something about quantity of blood spilled in the bedroom and whether dna they found under carpet had soaked through or whether it soaked through because of being diluted with copious quantities of cleaning fluid.

I'm not sure prosecution have proven that point adequately or at all.
Which injury killed her?
Was cadaver alert from dog for YY's corpse or had he killed others in that apartment and some body fluids escaped under the vanity?
I don't even know if the question was asked.
This is almost impossible.

His ref to limbs moving from a video he had watched in the final tweets from today suggest he may have been bluffing about his alleged sequence of actions.
He may have driven her somewhere to begin with, as you suggest.
He may have brought her home, injured her and driven her somewhere else while still alive, left her there to die, alone.
I mean , apart from cadaver dog, which could be anybody's body scent, what evidence is there that he killed her in the apartment?
He can get rid of a body in hours.
A master butcher?
Chucked her in a hole somewhere, opened a manhole in a different part of city, late at night? A sewer?
They wouldn't take hours, only minutes...

I've seen nothing proving the allegations he made on tape.
He describes a frenzied attack from which he allegedly did not receive sexual gratification.
He simply had a desire to kill? Why?
What was the positive intention in killing her?
What exactly did he gain by killing her?

BC:

——————

The last known ping from her cellphone was evidently from a spot near railroad tracks near downtown Champaign. I'll check the exhibits to see if it is marked on a map, and go look at what is around there....

Thank you for your reply. I remember your post so well. I was unsettled by how quickly she carried on and was able to face the public. If my husband had been arrested for the murder that is in the minds of everyone in town, I would not have the strength to be in public so soon. I'd be crying or with family or hiding from the world. Now we know that marriage was on its last legs but even if my ex husband was arrested for such a notorious murder, I'd be messed up.

My husband did, yes. He said her demeanor hadn't changed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin