Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following along... A few random thoughts.
1) PCA also tells us the actual murders were not caught on video (as some suspected)... there doesn't appear to be too much additional video evidence other than what was released (i.e. pictures, "guys...DTH", etc.) Still enough, hopefully, but there had been a lot of speculation about how much else was on the video
2) Does anyone remember the Suzanne/Barry Morphew case? Turns out the prosecution didn't have anything else other than what was in the AA. I'm not saying this is the case here, but so many people have posted that the PCA is just the bare minimum for arrest... I just want more clarification on this. Wouldn't they put DNA evidence, clothing found, etc in the PCA? Is it possible they are still waiting on this to come back?
3) In relation to #2- the prosecution has to release to defense every piece of evidence they have (discovery). So does this mean they can still gather more evidence between now and trial as long as they provide that evidence to the defense?
4) Was the bullet to gun match made after the SW was executed, which was after they re-interviewed RA? I'm still confused as to the timing of all this.
I do think LE have their man. I hope there's more. I'm trying to withhold judgement but I too am concerned over how this took 5 years, unless we are all missing something.
Sorry for long post. All the above is MOO.

A 2nd Amendment attorney here in Indiana explains the “unspent round” below. He surmises a malfunction. And that the defense can argue it was planted and another expert can dispute it’s from RAs gun. I imagine Guy Relford will be asked to be an expert on this case.

Last edited:
Light blue jacket - dark blue jacket or even black (RA himself didn't know, it seems) - all black clothes. That's not understandable to me, these differences. :oops:

Remember back when the murders happened. A female witness, C, took photos on the Bridge just after the two girls had been taken down the hill. C stated she saw a man dressed in black. Hence, I do think there was a guy dressed in black at the Bridge but it is not RA.

I believe C said she saw dude dressed in black under the Bridge arguing with a female, perhaps, as my memory is a bit foggy on the situ 5+ yrs later.

This is written as an opinion piece based on faded memories.

This was the probable cause affidavit for the arrest, not the search. It states what was taken in the search: jackets, boots, knives and firearms,
Thanks @cbeagle!

In all of my other posts, I typed "Arrest Warrant".

In my recent post I typed "Search Warrant" by mistake.

I think I'm still in shock at reading the contents of the Probable Cause Affidavit.

I've corrected my post to read "Arrest Warrant" which didn't make its way from my brain to the keyboard.

Thanks for catching my error. You are very kind and always appreciated!

Any theories on why there was an unspent bullet at the scene? I don't know much about guns - would he have ejected a bullet to show the girls it was loaded, without having to fire it off (that would've possible been heard)? Did he shoot but the gun misfired? And then ne had to eject the bullet?
I am leaning toward him using the gun as a kidnapping tool. We know he points it and then says GDTH. I questioned earlier why we're not hearing about shots being fired from witnesses.

I've come to the conclusion that there were none. As I said, I believe the gun was to threaten them to get them DTH so he could... do stuff to them. :( We know there was a lot of blood at the scene. Since there's been talk of a knife in both RLs PC, and RMA's as well... I think he used the knife to kill them. It's quiet (except for screaming) and likely why his clothing was bloody (frontal spray).

What I don't like about where my mind is going with this is if there was no sign of a struggle or a fight, and their clothing was removed, is that he killed them first, and then did whatever perverse thing(s) he did. Because I can't imagine them not struggling and putting up a fight at the point where he's trying to get their clothes off. Sure, they could have been frozen with fear but I don't think so. I was almost raped at 15. I was passed out on a bed in a basement. I could only muster an "Off... off...". He didn't get off so even in my very drunken state, I thought about what was close at hand. The nightstand! I grabbed the lamp and hit him over the head with it. Yeah, I've posted before in other threads where I tend to get angry when ticked off. Abby and Libby weren't passed out drunk. I'd have thought they'd have fought or run. I know I would have. With all that said... this just came to me. Perhaps the gun is what kept them from running off. :( It's all so very sad. :(

Also, I can't imagine the girl who wasn't not having her clothing removed at the moment to not hightail it out of there. I know, some think she'd have stuck around for her friend but I'm not so sure. I think their deaths were quick once he got them down the hill (and why no signs of a struggle), then removed their clothing and did whatever he did before getting the heck out of dodge before someone saw him. What a disgusting human being.

There is no person in Black!!

it’s just a different witness seeing Black instead of blue. I am not understanding the confusion here.

You only have to see the difference in the two sketches to see how people view things so differently moo

Or Doug Carter is totally full of crap. Which is where I am leaning.

I am sorry, but I am so angry at the fact that RA basically served himself up while ISP was making these cryptic, drama-riddled pressers instead of doing THEIR JOBS.

And that is how I feel with filters.
Summed it up perfectly.

The only small positive is thank GOSH it was never released that a casing was found at the crime scene which would have given time for RA to dispose of his weapon.

I am not sure how many of you remember the kidnapping/murder of YingYing zhang, it happened in my hometown, and the FBI who is/was involved in this case, sat on evidence with no knowledge from the public.

These are high profile cases, just like YY case was. They had YY killer so dead to rights his defense attorneys opening statement was “Brent killed YY” in an attempt to spare his life.

A gun, just like dna has a pattern on a shell when fired, and each gun is unique.

The police have their guy.

Hmm then I wonder what led to the description that he looked like he had been in a fight?
Snipped
And observed a male subject walking West,- on the Notth side of 300North, away from the ManonHighBridge. advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further states that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
PCA-BBM
My take is the fact he had mud and blood on his clothes. The witnesses mind didn't go to double murder when she saw the blood, it went to something that wasn't as horrible to imagine which was a fight. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member