Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a roller coaster. But we can sleuth and we should. No sketch ever looks exactly like a convicted suspect. It is like a little map also. I had to provide facial details once to LE for a possible murder suspect. It was the most difficult thing to do. For most of us, we are not extremely observant. Especially in this “phone in our face” lifestyle. This was in the late 80’s and I worked at a local grocery store. A murder suspect apparently came into our store and through my line. When you are in the hot seat and providing details you almost want to be done because there are so many intricate details that you just can NOT recall... I wanted to do my best but when they show you so many noses or so many eyes, you get to the point where you choose one because you have to.....

I agree, just picking a suspect out of a lineup of similar but different faces isn’t a simple matter either.

Something I wonder about, is if this sketch was drawn from the memory of one or more witnesses who didn’t come forward until five months later, how accurate is it? Most of us would have great difficulty in precisely recalling the facial appearance of a stranger we saw yesterday, let alone months ago. And secondly, if BG was “creepy” or suspicious looking, why didn’t those witnesses come forward right away?

Yet for some reason LE appear to have confidence in the drawing.

July 18, 2017
Indiana State Police said Monday the sketch depicts the same person seen in the picture. They say the sketch gives more details than the picture and asked anyone who recognizes the person to come forward.

The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a white male between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair, according to Indiana State Police. Police say the sketch also depicts a hat that may not be accurate......

.......Riley told CBS affiliate WTTV the sketch is the result of information called in to a tip line and follow-up investigations in the past couple of weeks.......”

Delphi, Indiana murder case: Sketch of suspect released in girls' slayings

the information regarding TB having a path past the bridge when coming from his brother's ( in-laws?) house ...has it been confirmed? if the path he would take brings him past the bridge literally there..then I am not having trouble seeing this as a possible match.

I agree that TB is very sick and a good choice. mOO
I haven't read this before. Could you please direct me to where I can read this?

Alright... This is all my opinion. IveI been with this case since the beginning. Not that it matters I suppose.

Ok... I think CE is a waste of time. Sure, he's a creep, but not the right creep. Somehow, the whole CE thing caught fire and hasn't stopped. PD probably loves it cause it gives them a bit of breathing room with who they're really focused on. Oh yeah, one last note regarding CE, didn't he post about the Delphi case on FB to include a pic of the bridge guy? I mean... You have to an enormous idiot to make a move like that. And not that he's not, but, if it was him, he would immediately see himself in the BG pic. How could you not? No way BG is posting a picture of himself. That's crazy talk.

OK - Back to who PD (I think) is focusing on... That would be TB. And I'm on board with that. Let me tell you why:

1. This is the same idiot that went into the Catholic Supply store, took the folks in the backroom, demanded sexual acts. One said no, he shot her dead. Not sure what happened with the other two. They weren't killed though. This is not a normal crime. This type of sexually related crime is not normal.

2. The damn moron was wearing a blue jacket and a paper boy hat. Like he had bought the BG uniform at the store. People don't randomly wakeup and try new hats like that. Not at that age. That's how he dressed. Yes, LE said forget the hat, but they still drew it and it's the same hat. That has to make you stop and think.

3. The guy has had some bad luck. Was unemployed (I think) at the time of the Delphi incident. Had recently filed bankruptcy and lost his house. Those are some traumatic things in my mind. Possibly enough to send you over the edge.

4. There is a video of him going nuts on a traffic stop with PD. He gets very angry and very quickly. And in my opinion, when he's not yelling, there is some similarities to the BG recorded voice. He has an obvious problem with authority.

5. He doesn't have blue eyes. And I think the sketch is a good fit. Want a side by side?? Lol. Just kidding.

6. We pretty much all agree that they have DNA, right? Well, since TB has never committed a crime, there would be nothing in the system. That's the big missing link here. Somehow after all this time, he's never gotten in trouble.

7. Lazerby (sp) has been quoted as saying they turned over new evidence to the FBI in Dec. TB was arrested in Nov. I'd bet they asked the FBI for help with comparing the DNA. Nobody better to do that than the lab at Quantico. There's nothing new to turnover. Especially after two years.

8. Didn't the police that investigated the Catholic store shooting reach out to Delphi initially because they saw some type of connection between the two crimes? That's odd in itself.

<modsnip - non - MSM source, sleuthing family>

That's it folks. I'm sold. There's nobody better at this point.

And he's why they haven't been able to close the case. He doesn't know them, doesn't live in the area, has no criminal background, nothing would associate him with this case. What's going to get him in the end, he's a sexual deviant that can't stop his hate of women and his overwhelming desire to sexually assault them. That's it folks. He messed up and committed that new crime, exposing himself. Which is great for us.

I think it's going to be a bit before we hear anything. Let's not forget, the other PD is focused on their case, not Delphi. That said, they (Delphi) may have not had access to him yet and even so, it's likely the attorney defending him wouldn't allow it.

I'd guess that while they'd love to get an admission, they won't get it. They'll need to build this case on the evidence only. Which will include the DNA link. It was also reported that his wife at one point, after the shooting, called PD back to turn in some additional evidence she had found. That said, she'd tell PD exactly where he was on Feb 13th.

They're going to work hard putting this together, likely before we hear about it. They don't want to lose this case. They've worked too hard thus far to protect it.

I'd suspect the DNA request has been completed and PD knows if it's him. They also have the witnesses, I'd presume they would be able to confirm right away.

It would be great to hear something tomorrow but, I'm holding out hope for something around the anniversary.

Anyhow folks, that's my take and entirely my opinion. He's cooked.

Cheers!

This is the post KKDJ!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is true that sketches rarely look exactly like the actual suspect in person.

So, what are the distinguishing characteristics of BG from the video frames released by LE? The nose seems BIG in both frames from the video from the bridge (even with forced jpeg compression artifacts and averagization) - big. That matches both potential people identified the hatchet guy and this pervert guy.

However, the weight seems way off. Usually someone this age has a steady weight not likely to change much even in a couple of years (IMHO).

if the dude's weight was 40 lbs lower, I'd give it a better chance of being him. They can and will rule him in or out in a week.

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed>
So far I have seen nothing to indicate any connection between TB and Delphi. Would somebody in MO know about the bridge? This particular trail doesn't seem to be one that would get random visitors that are just passing through. Of course, anything is possible.

I am waiting to see if anything comes from the new submission of the DNA. I hope it yields results. <modsnip - response to quoted post >

So, what are the distinguishing characteristics of BG from the video frames released by LE? The nose seems BIG in both frames from the video from the bridge (even with forced jpeg compression artifacts and averagization) - big. That matches both potential people identified the hatchet guy and this pervert guy.

However, the weight seems way off. Usually someone this age has a steady weight not likely to change much even in a couple of years (IMHO).

if the dude's weight was 40 lbs lower, I'd give it a better chance of being him. They can and will rule him in or out in a week.

There are two points against the idea that LE is responsible, as far as I can see. First, there is no known connection to Delphi, so the chances of him knowing about the bridge and trail are minimal - although I've seen some speculation on this. Second, there is nothing to indicate that he is violent. Neither of those are proof of innocence, but both would have to be answered.

I suspect he will be ruled out, but I don't know. However, LE keeps things pretty close to the vest, so it is possible we won't hear one way or the other until such a time as somebody is arrested. And that can't come soon enough, in my opinion.

JMO
As far away and blurry as the bridge photos are I tend to always use them more than the sketch when I am trying to compare to anyone.

At least with the actual photos we know that is him. I will glance at the sketch too but I put more weight on the photos even though its hard to get a lot of facial details from them.

One thing that has floored me in this case is just how many different people tend to look like the BG. As more and more people were discussed it amazed me how so many different people have a resemblance to the BG. Its like everyone and their brother kind of look like the BG.

I never expected that at all. And it makes LE job really difficult. Once LE gets the right candidate person, its going to take a DNA match or some other method by LE to prove positive they got the right candidate perp.

An accused child molester, whose mugshot has drawn comparisons with the sketch of the suspect in the 2017 murder of two teenage girls is a 'weirdo who liked to hang out in the woods' and is 'very violent', according to relatives.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was arrested in Randolph County, Indiana on January 8 after a sex crimes sting operation.

Eldridge had a sexual conversation on social media with a detective who was posing as a 13-year-old girl, Randolph County Sheriff's Office said.

When his mugshot was released after his arrest members of the public inundated Indiana authorities with calls pointing out a comparison between an FBI composite sketch and the suspected pedophile's mugshot.

Indiana sex offender who looks like Delphi murderer sketch was 'obsessed with hiding in the woods' | Daily Mail Online

An accused child molester, whose mugshot has drawn comparisons with the sketch of the suspect in the 2017 murder of two teenage girls is a 'weirdo who liked to hang out in the woods' and is 'very violent', according to relatives.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was arrested in Randolph County, Indiana on January 8 after a sex crimes sting operation.

Eldridge had a sexual conversation on social media with a detective who was posing as a 13-year-old girl, Randolph County Sheriff's Office said.

When his mugshot was released after his arrest members of the public inundated Indiana authorities with calls pointing out a comparison between an FBI composite sketch and the suspected pedophile's mugshot.

Indiana sex offender who looks like Delphi murderer sketch was 'obsessed with hiding in the woods' | Daily Mail Online

well now.. this is intriguing..no? mOO

Forgive me if this was reposted already from many threads ago:

Alexis McAdams ABC-7
@AlexisMcAdamsTV

FBI needs help identifying a person of interest in child sexual exploitation case. Agents believe the man may be living in Central Indiana.

1:58
I forgot that the FBI pointed toward Central Indiana

Did we find the pic/video of the man walking by in red behind newscaster?

Man with obsession with missing children cases being investigated for rail tracks murders | Daily Mail Online

So check out the picture of him in the kitchen. He looks much leaner, his legs look the same length/weight and I feel like in the bridge picture he might have ripped jeans at the knee as well!

Did we find the pic/video of the man walking by in red behind newscaster?
OMG I have been looking in the middle of the night, before work, just looking now. I cannot find it, there are so many threads. I think it was a woman newscaster and it was outside a brick building and that man was captured in the background walking by the town track in a hooded sweatshirt, can't remember what color, grey maybe?, carrying a large red cup. He looked over to the camera, turned back fast and never looked over again. THIS is driving me crazy. I think she was a brunette newscaster.

OMG I have been looking in the middle of the night, before work, just looking now. I cannot find it, there are so many threads. I think it was a woman newscaster and it was outside a brick building and that man was captured in the background walking by the town track in a hooded sweatshirt, can't remember what color, grey maybe?, carrying a large red cup. He looked over to the camera, turned back fast and never looked over again. THIS is driving me crazy. I think she was a brunette newscaster.
Yep that’s the one. I’ve been trying to find it too. I’m curious to get another look

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed>
So far I have seen nothing to indicate any connection between TB and Delphi. Would somebody in MO know about the bridge? This particular trail doesn't seem to be one that would get random visitors that are just passing through. Of course, anything is possible.

I am waiting to see if anything comes from the new submission of the DNA. I hope it yields results. <modsnip - response to quoted post >

SNIPPED

But wasn't it mentioned on TB's Facebook page that he likes to go on long drives, etc, etc? Correct me if I'm wrong

My Theory #2.
Note: TOS Rules Only Allow Initials because the investigators have not named ‘E’ a person of interest.

First a thanks and a note of appreciation to Websleuths poster redfisher78! Redfisher7876 you are a great sleuther.I hope to read many more of your posts.

Now for my theory number 2. Please zero in on the close up of ‘E’s hat’ and ‘hoodie” peeking out in his ‘camouflage clothing’ on the DM website.
Man with obsession with missing children cases being investigated for rail tracks murders | Daily Mail Online

Then compare the photo of ‘E’ in DM camouflage photo to the photo from Libby’s camera and posted on the FBI Poster. I think ‘E’ is wearing the same hat and similar hoodie BG was wearing

Please feel free to disagree.

I have been wrong many times! Of course this may be wishful thinking in viewing the similarities in the two photos.

Please feel free to tell me I’m overthinking this.

I hope I’m not beating a dead horse. Guilty of my darn hinky meter stuck on overload.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
Yep that’s the one. I’ve been trying to find it too. I’m curious to get another look
Thank you, I think it was right after they found them, THIS is DRIVING me CRAZY but while I have been searching, I am so impressed with this town and their citizens, what a nice little town. I hope that you find it. I have spent hours looking. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member