Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1975 there was a murder of a teenage girl in a northern Indiana town. It remains unsolved. I have spoken with the victims sister and law enforcement because I am working on producing the story as a documentary. The UMC in that town was/has been connected to the case because it was suspected that the victim was having a secret relationship with someone from the church. This has not been confirmed by LE. Also his behavior changed significantly after the murder according to family members.

I know there were religious references made during the press conference. IMO the only way that connects any church to the perpetrator is if someone's behavior has changed and LE is aware of it.

I was in the process of replying when the thread closed :( Don't know to bring it forward so suffice it to say I was responding to @MassGuy.

I agree that the motivation was almost certainly sexual but I wonder about the possible "connection" alluded to by the previous poster because it has crossed my mind, here and there. Could BG somehow have known the girls or "of" them through a younger sibling or acquaintance? BG had this on his mind for sometime, no doubt. He may not have singled out Abby and Libby necessarily as his target in his mind, but did the opportunity come to him by sheer chance?

It was said somewhere that Libby was calling around for a ride to take them to the trail. Who all did she call? Were either of the girls posting what their plans for the afternoon were on social media or texting friends? The police are looking for someone who can attest to a vehicle being parked in the area in and around 12 p.m., plenty of time to get into position, the ideal location to strike. Maybe I'm reaching here, but I do think it's a possibility that BG knew the girls were going there, knows the area very well, well enough to hide until he found the opportunity to strike when no one was there to witness it. If someone else did show up, he would have abandoned the attempt. Supt. Carter's words directed to the killer were very emotional and purposeful and I can't help but think when he asked the killer what would his family think of him, that he has strong suspicions about who BG is.

Just my random thoughts this evening :)

There is something that I can not fathom in this whole situation. It seems that many people assume it is sexual in nature. Supposedly.

But if that is the case, one doesn’t just kill and run. He wants some time with them. For this, the killer left surprisingly little time. And in general, abduction of two teenage girls in broad daylight leaves him zero time. Why not wait till the evening, a single person on the bridge? Makes no sense.

Unless he planned to return back? But he must have known that kids would be searched for.

The original map is not to scale.

I did nothing with the orientation except make the compass already included on the map point NORTH.

I was only trying to help @gitana1 because she said she wished she had that particular map but with it pointing NORTH.

No probs Cherokee, you were just trying to help, as you say. I'm just trying to point out that the map being used is terrible in terms of orientation, scale and accuracy.

There is something that I can not fathom in this whole situation. It seems that many people assume it is sexual in nature. Supposedly.

But if that is the case, one doesn’t just kill and run. He wants some time with them. For this, the killer left surprisingly little time. And in general, abduction of two teenage girls in broad daylight leaves him zero time. Why not wait till the evening, a single person on the bridge? Makes no sense.

Unless he planned to return back? But he must have known that kids would be searched for.

He fantasized about the attack but didn't think about all the details and complications

It was a crime of opportunity, he went there hoping for a specific situation

There most likely was not sexual assault, Because the lack of time and controlled environment

I do believe we will eventually find out that SA was a large part of the original motive

I honestly think he panicked killed them and got the heck out of there

I don't believe he was experienced and I think it was likely a frenzied murder

He was just lucky he didn't get caught that very day

I think as MG said Luck has a way of running out

All just my speculation

Last edited:
No probs Cherokee, you were just trying to help, as you say. I'm just trying to point out that the map being used is terrible in terms of orientation, scale and accuracy.

True.

It is nothing but a fancy diagram, a "vacation" map that highlights points of interest and general pathways and roads. Many US parks and recreation areas employ these kinds of maps.

He fantasized about the attack but didn't think about all the details and complications

It was a crime of opportunity, he went there hoping for a specific situation

There most likely was not sexual assault, Because the lack of time and controlled environment

I do believe we will eventually find out that SA was a large part of the original motive

I honestly think he panicked killed them and got the heck out of there

I don't believe he was experienced and I think it was likely frenzied murder

He was just lucky he didn't get caught that very day

I think as MG said Luck has a way of running out

All just my speculation

But then, it still sits in him. The urge. He is terribly dangerous and needs to be arrested.

It is the power, control, and the act of killing, that provides the satisfaction for certain types of killers.

There doesn’t have to be any sexual contact, or overt sexual act.

I had never seen it stated as "person or persons" before in any language regarding this case. Is this standard language?

Flyer from Indiana State Police attached. Released on May 6th.

Standard language IMO just in case

See it in various cases its a loophole that LE almost always leave just in case there are others later found to be involved JMO

Last edited:
Stats say most children who are abducted by perps are dead within two hours, if they are killed, I believe. This guy would have had two hours...though he did not need that long. No one was going to start a major search right at the time they did not show up as planned. And if he had them out of sight, which clearly he did, he had time to do what he wanted. It does not take very long to assault a young girl, or even two, if you have them in your power. My guess he was gone within an hour...well before any searching began.

He did not just kill them because they happened to be there. They served a purpose for him, and I can’t think of another reason an adult male murders young girls. It is basically agreed he did not know them. This crime fits a sexual crime in every way, imo. But of course we won’t ever know unless there is a trial one day.

Jmo

Just adding my thoughts on some of today's threads. I believe the killer may come and go from the Delphi area (someone who travels frequently for business, a university student etc.) If the murder was about power I envision the perpetrator as someone with anger issues who has had little power over events in his life. I do not believe Abby or Libby witnesses anything as it would likely be videotaped and found. The day before V day may be of significance. It is possible BG could be gay but unable to Express his preference due to being shunned by his family. Do not think drug related. There might be a high level of drug users in Delphi and drug related criminal activity but not high organized crime.

Stats say most children who are abducted by perps are dead within two hours, if they are killed, I believe. This guy would have had two hours...though he did not need that long. No one was going to start a major search right at the time they did not show up as planned. And if he had them out of sight, which clearly he did, he had time to do what he wanted. It does not take very long to assault a young girl, or even two, if you have them in your power. My guess he was gone within an hour...well before any searching began.

He did not just kill them because they happened to be there. They served a purpose for him, and I can’t think of another reason an adult male murders young girls. It is basically agreed he did not know them. This crime fits a sexual crime in every way, imo. But of course we won’t ever know unless there is a trial one day.

Jmo
I totally agree. It’s not just likely, it’s overwhelmingly likely.

True, at this point everything is an assumption but the truth is, most crimes similar to this are of a sexual nature.

Even if BG knew when the girls were heading out there, what he probably did not know to begin with is when they were going to get picked up. It is possible one of the girls even told him in an attempt to make him think twice about killing them as someone was coming to look for them shortly, and he could get caught. This may have angered him and sent even more adrenaline through his poisoned veins. He finally had his opportunity but little time to fulfill his twisted sick fantasies.

As well, I couldn't imagine any single female walking along those trails close to dark. Never. Just not smart. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ameesqt