Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO ONLY There’s such a patriarchal complacency implied in small towns. Women see a man like BG and we convince ourselves it’s normal if he makes a creepy comment or he looks at us in an invasive way. We need to be ok being rude. I’m in no way implying that A&L even had that choice. I’m simply saying this is why men have the audacity to go after women, because they feel they can.

It sounds like a crazy thing to do. The state would leaving itself wide open on cross examination if the caricature was wrong. Even composite drawings are dangerous. I never used them.

Yeah, I get what you're saying in terms of being used in court or being shown to the public as a "do you know this person" type thing. What I was thinking was more along the lines of having a caricature artist look at the composite sketch and then speak to the witness about the aspects that stuck out to them to try to get a better rendition. An added resource for the witness to help refine. Don't know if that makes sense.

IMO ONLY There’s such a patriarchal complacency implied in small towns. Women see a man like BG and we convince ourselves it’s normal if he makes a creepy comment or he looks at us in an invasive way. We need to be ok being rude. I’m in no way implying that A&L even had that choice. I’m simply saying this is why men have the audacity to go after women, because they feel they can.
I hear you. I say that some people need to be recalibrated.

I get what you’re saying.

Basically, he meant to say the 13th, but mistakenly said the 14th because the killer was there aiding in the search on that day as well.

Personally, I believe that the killer was only there on the 13th, and Carter simply made an error.

If the car was there on both days, I can’t think of a reason for him not to say so. That could be hugely beneficial, as it provides yet another potential sighting of him.
Point noted. I can only think if by some chance what I’m articulating could be true, announcing the perps car was there on the 14th could bring out vigilantes wanting to serve their own justice narrowing down what car they are talking about. LE needs more evidence first. But who knows?

I get what you’re saying.

Basically, he meant to say the 13th, but mistakenly said the 14th because the killer was there aiding in the search on that day as well.

Personally, I believe that the killer was only there on the 13th, and Carter simply made an error.

If the car was there on both days, I can’t think of a reason for him not to say so. That could be hugely beneficial, as it provides yet another potential just sighting of him.

I think the car was there only on the 13th, but it would be quite intriguing if it was also there on the 14th. If there was a list compiled of all searchers present on the 14th. It narrows down the suspect pool considerably.

I just hope they are making progress since last news announcement.

Edited to correct typos. It should be sleeping.

Last edited:
I think that was probably before they knew whos or what exact DNA they had jmo

Theres DNA collected at every crime scene of this type weather any of it was found to be from a unknown male is the key ?

Yes.
I think that was probably before they knew whos or what exact DNA they had jmo

Theres DNA collected at every crime scene of this type weather any of it was found to be from a unknown male is the key ?

MOO I think it would be strange if they meant they had collected DNA from the victims.
MOO I think later the investigators wished they hadn't revealed they found DNA and started being ambiguous about it.
MOO BG was lucky again, he personally had no DNA in CODIS, no felony or incarcerated relatives in CODIS.
MOO jury is still out whether he has some geneology buff relatives somewhere submitting DNA to build their/his family tree.

“He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty.

Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.

The two eighth-graders posted several photos of themselves on Facebook, while crossing the scenic Monon High Bridge the afternoon they disappeared. Their bodies were found about 24 hours later near Deer Creek, a half mile east of the the bridge.

---------------------------
Bodies didn't seem to be hidden to much IMO, I wonder if the search party went and examined the murder scene which may have contaminated it.

Yes.

MOO I think it would be strange if they meant they had collected DNA from the victims.
MOO I think later the investigators wished they hadn't revealed they found DNA and started being ambiguous about it.
MOO BG was lucky again, he personally had no DNA in CODIS, no felony or incarcerated relatives in CODIS.
MOO jury is still out whether he has some geneology buff relatives somewhere submitting DNA to build their/his family tree.

Many times its not cut and dry whos Dna they actually have when they take samples at a crime scene, a lot depends on the type and where it was located

The labs tell them later weather it was only the victims or weather there was also an unknown source present

the article linked doesn't answer those questions bc at that time they wouldn't have known whose DNA they had

JMO

Last edited:
and it's haunting looking at the picture knowing it was the scene of their demise (or the beginning of it). I believe the picture was taken looking towards the end of the bridge they were on their way to - where BG caught up to them.

Libby had a keen eye for composition, it's a great photo. It's unfortunate it was her last.

No I think it is true; maybe a mild case of 3D nerve palsy? Usually there is also periodic drooping (ptosis) or the eyelid on that side. The eye looks to the side and slightly down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea