Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
That social service building was right off of the Hoosier Heartland HWY and visible from the HWY. I would think that State Police and local LE traveled the HWY during the period of noon to 5pm that day. Its possible that someones dash cam could have captured an image of the vehicle.
This is what I think happened.

I also believe that they know who's vehicle was captured in the image and that vehicle was originally discounted as being significant in relation to the crime due to who was thought to have parked it there.

JMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

.... I think once perp here is announced there will be
locals who know him and say 'Yeah, we always knew he was a little
weird' or he was 'different' or a little strange. But since he doesn't
have a criminal record he's skirted through life just under radar.
He just hasn't been reported or caught for his misdeeds, yet.

Even if BG has a criminal record he could still be under the radar for this murder.
jmo

Even if BG has a criminal record he could still be under the radar for this murder.
jmo

I believe he’s young, which is why he doesn’t have a felony record. If he had a felony record, his DNA would be on file.

I do think they have been able to exclude people based on DNA.

Murders like this are rarely a first offense, and there is usually other less serious offenses in the past.

But I agree, he may have a minor record, and still be flying under the radar.

Hopefully law enforcement is looking at people who have committed crimes that generally precede a crime like this.

He may have been investigated for something and not charged, or have a misdemeanor record.

That's close, but I still don't think the angle looks right. IF that's a gun we're seeing, the barrel seems to be pointing more upward than any holster I've seen.
I don't think it is in a holster which would be buried under the jacket and sweatshirt and what all he is carrying there. I think he may have normally just carried it stuck in the top of his pants, which would also be under stuff unless carried in the back, but when walking across the bridge he didn't want to take a chance of dropping it and wanted it to be easy to reach so he put it in the pocket of the windbreaker. That's why the outline is so visible because it was covered by thin fabric. I think its backwards in the pocket because its weighted more heavily in the grip, barrel down could have fallen out so he put the grip down to be more secure in his pocket. Its not ideal if he were in a draw down but that wasn't what he was worried about, he was just holding it the easiest way to cross the bridge.

Could this indicate they actually do have evidence suggesting someone was trying to come across younger than they were- perhaps they do have some sense that the person indicated to the girls they were closer to their ages than in actuality. Could it possibly give credence to a LE actually thinking someone did communicate with them prior to the their murders. Someone who could potentially pass as younger than they were and with a intention of using that to be duplicitous and trick the girls? I found that wording quite odd too, especially given they didn’t put the age between 30 -50, but 18-40. A wide range... sorry no time to proof read as have to go into appointment. Hope this made sense.
We have talked very little about something that's nagging me. "Authorities say he is between 18 and 40, but said he may appear younger than he is." Why call that out? That last qualifier speaks volumes IMO. That's a very, very specific qualifier. Again, this is all MOO but they aren't referring to someone who is 39 but looks 35 or someone who is 25 and looks 20. The average person would not even notice a few years age difference. They are referring to someone who looks noticeably and obviously much younger. LE hasn't used the word "much." That word is my interpretation only. So if he's 39, he may look closer to 29. If he's 29, he may look closer to 19.
his

I believe he’s young, which is why he doesn’t have a felony record. If he had a felony record, his DNA would be on file.

I do think they have been able to exclude people based on DNA.

Murders like this are rarely a first offense, and there is usually other less serious offenses in the past.

But I agree, he may have a minor record, and still be flying under the radar.

Hopefully law enforcement is looking at people who have committed crimes that generally precede a crime like this.

He may have been investigated for something and not charged, or have a misdemeanor record.

In Indiana they didn't start collecting DNA on felony arrestees until Jan 1, 2018.
New Indiana law requires DNA samples be collected following all felony arrests

There are private companies that do this, but I imagine you have to pay in most instances.

It would be an incredible tool for law enforcement, if the area had satellite coverage at the time.

These companies are just taking off, and it won’t be long until most corners of the globe are routinely covered.

Hopefully it’s an option here.

Well I just checked from my desktop pc, and Google maps jumps from July 2015 straight to August 2018, no images in between. I've read there are other options to Google so might look into that. Kinda doubt it will show anymore though.

ETA: And Google earth shows April 2017 and July 2018.

Last edited:
MOO to me it looks like at the last minute he decided to bring the gun, so he stuffed it heavy side first into his jacket pocket, just to have it.
Which jibes perfectly with what I believe this crime to be; a random crime of opportunity.

He probably always traveled with a weapon close by, and simply had to stuff it into his pocket before setting out in pursuit.

Question re: the gun:

How likely would it be for a person (with no criminal intent) to carry a gun or knife to the Monon High Bridge Trails? To me these trails don't seem to be heavily forested enough to require protection from animals, nor does it seem like it would be safe to hunt so close to where people are walking...so just wondering if if it would be normal to pack a gun when out walking the bridge, or a sign of premeditated criminal behaviour.

MOO to me it looks like at the last minute he decided to bring the gun, so he stuffed it heavy side first into his jacket pocket, just to have it.
I think it looks like before he went across that bridge he pulled it from where he was carrying it and put it where he could both get to it quickly and be secure so it wouldn't fall. But I don't think bringing the gun was an afterthought. And I think to put it there in that pocket shows his intentions and forethought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member