Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, I've even considered the possibility Libby was using one of those facetime face-decorating apps that messed with the picture! I know, ridiculous. Thing is, I do see a hood until frame 47 reveals it to be an illusion caused by the position of the hood behind his head, and the similarity of his hair to the background.

I encourage zoomed-in viewing of frame 47. Zoom right into the head and shoulders and you will even see the way his hair is feathered. He may have combed it in a different style the day he murdered Abby and Libby.

Not seeing it but I'm not blaming anyone for seeing something else. I too saw hair first and then switched to hoodie. Maybe I'll come back to hair at some point.

It's possible he was cleaning up for a while after.
Yeah I mean I wouldn’t categorize it as “hanging around.” He’s on the bridge at 2:20/2:30. Derrick arrives on scene at the trail head at 3:15. It makes sense that the double murderer is still dealing with his double murder after only 45 minutes. Word is he left by 3:45 or so - that’s still a pretty short time frame to confront the girls, herd them down the hill, chase or force them across the creek, kill them both, and do whatever he did to the bodies that attracted the FBI.

Another thought about the vehicle:

What if LE's witness (mentioned in the April PC) is the owner of the vehicle and LE just wants to corroborate their story - prove the witness really was in that lot when they said they were.

When LE clarified the information they were seeking on the vehicle, they wanted people who could describe the vehicles in the lot that day (article attached below). If someone came forward and described either the witness's car, or the same thing the witness described seeing relating to BG, that would support the story and it might hold up better in court? Just totally random thoughts...

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches ·
A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
  • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time

Last edited:
I know for a fact, because I have done it, that fanny packs are popular ways for individuals to defensively carry a handgun in a concealed manner in warmer weather. Warm weather (where folks wear t-shirts and shorts generally) make it difficult to carry using belt holsters without printing (allowing the outline of the handgun to be seen through a thin Tshirt). If one get's used to carrying using a fanny pack, and becomes familiar with removing the handgun quickly, one might continue to use a fanny pack to carry during colder weather. It's common knowledge in the "concealed carry" community that when you see a person wearing a fanny pack, there is a good likelihood that individual is carrying a concealed handgun in that fanny pack.
That is not as true now as it once was. And I'm referring mostly to gun owners who carry concealed legally. Because, the fanny pack is commonly associated with a concealed firearm, almost all concealed permit holders and off duty LE do not use them anymore. There are many other methods such as IWB (Inside the Waist Band) holsters, pocket holsters and belly band holsters that are much less obvious. Even women use specially designed purses or a belly band holster to conceal their gun. With a very loose fitting dark T-shirt or heavily patterned shirt such as a "Hawaiian" shirt worn out can conceal a lot. Even a commander size 1911 or a Glock 19 without anyone noticing.

Not knowing what LE knows or has on BG, I wonder what theories are currently out there...? If no sexual assault, why the murder? Could it be payback for something? Could the girls have been cat-fished to meet someone? Could the 2nd sketch be who they were supposed to meet, or as some said, the son of the older guy? Or was this guy seriously just prepared in case he found someone to kill that specific day? Or did he see them go to the park and follow, knowing he had whatever weapon in his vehicle, pocket, etc?
The accent sounds normal Northern Indiana to me.
The city is very small, but many people commute to Lafayette (not that far away) for work, or down to the Indy area. Maybe he wasn't that local to Delphi, but local to the greater area. May have been a nature lover or hiker, so he knew different trails nearby and such....
But my hangup is WHY?

Yes that's the caller I was referring to in my two posts. That whole conversation with him was very upsetting. Thinking that the killer hung around and was there, possibly watching, when Libby's dad was searching for her. I voiced early when I came to this case that maybe the killer hung around in thed woods, maybe had a bag stashed to change clothes/appearance (there was talk of the guy with a duffel bag walking alongofvthe highway) but most people thought he got outg of the area quickly. Maybe he didnt.

The Shack. Could that be related somehow to the movie DC mentioned? A religious link?

I wonder if the killer is actually the guy the dad saw. More so now with the passing of time and nothing new to go on. Hence the difference in the BG sketches and
LE’s obvious frustration! IMO
If anyone can refute this please do because I easily could have missed this! TIA
Waving from Kentucky myself!
Waving!! EBM

Last edited:
Ah, here's some more opinion. I originally thought "down the hill" was a directive. Possibly it was not. It could have been the completion of a sentence, such as "so and so is waiting for you down the hill", or "guys, we've decided to all meet, down the hill".

I'm of the opinion there is no hat on the BG, he's got light brown hair, with a hoodie up against the back of his head, that he merely directed the girls, that he was involved in plotting their murder, but he did not necessarily participate in the actual act of murder. I opine that there was a second killer, the 'new sketch guy', who did the murders and escaped through the cemetary.

These girls had to have been murdered swiftly, or rendered unable to speak/scream, right off the bat. What 8th grade girl wouldn't scream? Were the killers known to them....presenting a level of comfort? Or were they instantly rendered unconcious/murdered, even before crossing the stream?

BG walked out early, being dry head to toe, having never crossed the creek, picked up the car at the abandoned building, drove to the cemetary, picked up the 'new sketch guy' and they booked it out of there.

It was a crime of anger and/or self preservation.

All opinion, of course :)

it is possible, but then it has to be the family.

Any time we think, two friends, the one who was not involved had tons of opportunities to sell the friend out, and negotiate the best deal.

the family is another thing

By something left or done at the crime scene? I'm going to watch it if it is still on netflix.

It's always seemed to me as if LE was referring to the way Libby and Abby were left at the crime scene. When you watch, look for details on the victim's overall disposition to glean more insight into the meaning behind that aspect of the PC.

I
No, I mean more along the lines of "we know where you hid your duffle bag." Total speculation but who knows.

I was thinking more along the lines of "I know who you are , know for a fact you went to see the shack, and I cant bust your alibi, but the guilt should be kicking in because I know you and you aren't a psychopath" ( maybe he's a little wrong on the last part)

This is frame 47 0f the video sequence. I've flipped the image horizontally to switch the shadow to his left side.

He looks like a very young man with reddish brown hair in this frame, which is the closest he gets to the camera. Take a look at this horizontally flipped image and see if you don't agree.

WOW Good job ! The shadow side looks like a silhouette of a person standing sideways .
I have always wondered if that was an old time mask pulled up on his head ...the kind that has an elastic band to hold it on your face. Or, even a toboggin bunched up on his head. I have never seen hair that thick around the forehead area of a person . It just don't look natural.
I will be so happy when this dirt ball is caught.

It's always seemed to me as if LE was referring to the way Libby and Abby were left at the crime scene. When you watch, look for details on the victim's overall disposition to glean more insight into the meaning behind that aspect of the PC.

I will. The emotion in that press conference sticks with me. It was almost like DC had gone from shock to rage at what they had learned. I need to go back and watch the press conference too.

Some of the things I feel fit the perpetrator :

I think he is young. Probably currently in his early 20's.
I think he knows Delphi well and lives close by.
I think he is clean cut and "upstanding" by appearances.
I think most people have encountered him that live in Delphi (unknowingly) .
I think he attended Purdue University when Libby was taking Summer classes .
I think he is probably a red head.
I think he is deeply religious.
February probably holds significance for him.
I think that he is NOT heavy set.. but more likely thin.
I think he has worked closely with young people in some capacity.
I think he left through the cemetery , and walked to his vehicle that was parked elsewhere.
I think he is still in the Delphi area. If he wasn't , it would be noticed.
I think at LEAST one family member knows what he did and they are either in denial or they are covering for him.
I think... he will do it again.
All Amateur Speculation and MOO.

I can only speculate that you have possibly someone in mind (which couldn't be discussed here anyway, it seems), but I don't know, it just doesn't seem to fit the guy in the video, does it? At least for the life of me I can't see it and I have tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph