Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sells me on him is the camping aspect. He likes to hangout in the woods and get drunk. He would know about the Delphi trails whether he does anything else in Delphi.

He has the height, weight and age and even the "looks younger..." part. Most importantly he has the brazenness and evilness that it takes to assault a child in an extremely risky environment. I think Delphi had to be unplanned or the connection would have been uncovered. These girls were not living double lives or expecting to meet anyone. So much fits.

My seed of doubt - besides I guess whatever DNA was not a match - is his voice seems a little higher and more nasal than BG, who (t0 me) sounds older and more country. But I can believe he was changing his voice to be unheard and authoritative at the same time.

I don't know. I so want it to be him because the case seems so cold. It makes me so mad that two girls couldn't be on a walk without losing their lives.
I thought the same until I listened to a certain video on his FB. I encourage you to listen to the 37 sec one of his pups, while it's still up and available. It may (or may not) change your mind. IMO

I thought the same until I listened to a certain video on his FB. I encourage you to listen to the 37 sec one of his pups, while it's still up and available. It may (or may not) change your mind. IMO
Now there is something that didn't occur to me till just now. I wonder if the 'Guys...down the hill' is sufficient and of good enough quality to compare JBC and the killer's voices? From what I understand it isn't as good as DNA or fingerprints, but I am curious to know if it is being tried.
Voice analysis - Wikipedia

Now there is something that didn't occur to me till just now. I wonder if the 'Guys...down the hill' is sufficient and of good enough quality to compare JBC and the killer's voices? From what I understand it isn't as good as DNA or fingerprints, but I am curious to know if it is being tried.
Voice analysis - Wikipedia

It makes me so mad that this case has not been solved yet, because they have an actual RL video & audio. AND they have an endless supply of resources at their fingertips, e.g. technology.
It really blows me away that LE seems to have not enough info to close the case.

I really hate to say this…there must have been A LOT of fork ups on LE end to be where we are today. And IMO if LE did such a terrible job, which again I strongly believe this to be true, then why do some of these incompetent people still have jobs!!?!

MOO.
LE has actually addressed mistakes that were made.

Lots of tips, no arrest in 2017 double homicide | Carroll County Comet

The Sheriff speculated that a perpetrator has probably been interviewed by investigators about the crime, but was not immediately recognized as a offender. He said he still believes a local, or locals, committed the crimes. Leazenby said whoever did this “knew the lay of the land.” He said when an arrest is made, which he believes will happen, community members will likely be shocked at the identity of those arrested. He said he believes the perpetrator will likely be someone who is fairly well-known in the community.

“Mistakes may have been made early on in the rush to get a resolution to this,” Leazenby said. “It could be that just the right question was not asked or a nerve was not touched by a question to help us figure out who did this.”

LE has actually addressed mistakes that were made.

The Sheriff speculated that a perpetrator has probably been interviewed by investigators about the crime, but was not immediately recognized as a offender. He said he still believes a local, or locals, committed the crimes. Leazenby said whoever did this “knew the lay of the land.” He said when an arrest is made, which he believes will happen, community members will likely be shocked at the identity of those arrested. He said he believes the perpetrator will likely be someone who is fairly well-known in the community.

“Mistakes may have been made early on in the rush to get a resolution to this,” Leazenby said. “It could be that just the right question was not asked or a nerve was not touched by a question to help us figure out who did this.”
Yes they have, but again IMO, they need to be held accountable as well. And definitely need some (more) training.
moo.

I'm not sure if I can link a Youtuber? But IS has posted hours and hours of media links as it all unfolded.
Many are LE interviews. If you have time, go back and listen to all of the LE ones specifically. I truly believe LE tells us everything we need to know over and over, we just weren't picking up on it.

That is what I was afraid of - the clip from Liberty's phone is too short.

Respectfully, I disagree with the “audio expert”. While it may be too short for a perfect comparison, I find the tone, but especially cadence of speech, amazingly similar.

All told, I would be very surprised if this guy isn’t the killer.

I was going back today and looking at the Elizabeth Barraza case. $20K reward and based on the Crime Stoppers poster the tip need only lead to an arrest, NOT an arrest AND a conviction. In the case of the Delphi killings ISP stated a conviction is necessary in order to collect the reward:
Delphi murders: Donation hikes reward for arrest, conviction of killer

Still, I could wait a couple of years for a conviction for over $325K. The fact that this reward is over $300K and it doesn't appear to have provided that "one tip" that LE stated they need leads me to believe or question a number of things. This killer hasn't revealed this to ANYONE? This killer may have been on a day off, unemployed or worked nights and his absence at that time would not have been noted by anyone? While he might have lived or visited the Delphi area years ago he now lives a few hours away from Delphi and those around him don't have a clue or dismiss his involvement because they don't believe he has a past connection? The 'one' person that might know but is so scared they believe they might not live to collect the reward?

OR someone has called in the tip and maybe more than once. In the case of Tara Grinstead, one guy KNEW who killed her and called the GA Bureau of Investigation (GBI) years before the arrest. And he did more than once. To this day GBI has not been able to provide reason why his tips were not acted upon. (I still find it interesting that when LE in this case wanted an outside agency - outside of the sheriff, FBI and ISP - to look at the case they chose GBI.) ISP Superintendent Carter stated in the April 2019 PC that it was likely they have spoken to the killer or someone close to him. I suspect that is a nagging thought on the minds of the investigators given that there have been over 50K in tips.

This is the largest reward I can ever recall seeing and yet, on the surface at least, it appears to be a giant tip generator. I'm not poor and yet I know I could sure use $325K.

bbm - Or, they know, but also don't think they'd be eligible to collect because of their involvement before, during, or after the fact?

I swear I went over his whole FB in the weeks after his arrest. Is this video new? I don't know how I missed it.

Yes, when he lowers his voice and says "quit being jealous" the second time I can hear it. He does have the accent as well.

So just as a funny story a websleuther might understand.....I videoed it on my phone just to have it to compare without going to his page every time and there is a piece of paper with writing on it that is in the edge of my video. I spent about 5 minutes pausing it and trying to make out what it said (like I was going to crack the case somehow, lol) only to finally realize it was on my own table.

Last edited:
So just as a funny story a websleuther might understand.....I videoed it on my phone just to have it to compare without going to his page every time and there is a piece of paper with writing on it that is in the edge of my video. I spent about 5 minutes pausing it and trying to make out what it said (like I was going to crack the case somehow, lol) only to finally realize it was on my own table.

rsbm

Hahahahahaha!!!! :)

Hi all, I have loved reading the discussion so far and there have been many great points raised. I have always had a gut instinct since LE said the community would be "shocked" when they make an arrest that maybe a couple is involved or in one way or another a woman is closely related to the case. Anyone else think this is a possibility?

there was actually a time we did kind of think that with DN..but now I am not convinced of that..but that said, I can see a female that is maybe not directly involved but has some indirect knowledge or connection..maybe some one who is frightened or threatened...I don't think he was working with some one..he's a lone wolf. mOO

there was actually a time we did kind of think that with DN..but now I am not convinced of that..but that said, I can see a female that is maybe not directly involved but has some indirect knowledge or connection..maybe some one who is frightened or threatened...I don't think he was working with some one..he's a lone wolf. mOO
Good points, I also sometimes have a feeling he acted alone... I just can't make sense of that comment. Like others I wonder if its a prominent community member that prompted him to say that, but i'm now wondering if its the perp's age that made LE say the community will be shocked when an arrest is made.

Good points, I also sometimes have a feeling he acted alone... I just can't make sense of that comment. Like others I wonder if its a prominent community member that prompted him to say that, but i'm now wondering if its the perp's age that made LE say the community will be shocked when an arrest is made.

My take on this is that it was just a way of saying what often happens: The people who know the perp know him in an entirely different context, and will utter shock and surprise: "He kept to himself but seemed like just a normal guy". "He was such a nice guy". Etc., etc., etc.

If it does turn out to be JBC, I doubt those in his community will be shocked. I wonder if there is any substantial number of people in Delphi that even know him since he currently doesn't live there.

JMO but it seems like investigators thought it’d be easy to solve, 2 girls murdered in broad daylight in a public place with multiple witnesses in the area, video footage of the killer as well as a voice recording.
I'm certainly guilty of that as I thought an arrest would have been in days or at least weeks. I do wonder if they thought this would be easy to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value