Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously I think JBC is going to be charged and when they do charge him with god only knows what all and where and when they do the case will be solid as a rock for the state of Indiana. They are not going to expose the case to claims of prejudice. It will be clear and concise . If he is a serial killer and there are multiple cases they will have to coordinate and there will be a lot of hearings etc. Also the FBI is no doubt deeply involved in looking at him.

they aren't goofing around..this is serious biz, they already know his next move..

play crazy
refuse to talk
unfair trial
will probably want to represent himself
tortured martyred saint
misunderstood
unfairly prosecuted
everyone is lying
tried on Facebook
rush to judgement
wants a reality series about his journey.

you name it JBC is gonna try it...he wants to be a celebrity..mark my words mOO
Agreed. Except I think there is a chance that he’s such a narcissist that he won’t be able to stop himself from talking about what he’s done. Similar to the many FB posts that seem like taunts or clues.

Thinking about Riley Park.

There is an informal trail from MHB on south side of Deer Creek to Riley Park. Pink dots on the map (1/2 way down article) they plan to upgrade it to part of the trail system.

Also, there was a search early on around the N. Arnold street area, which is fairly near Riley Park.

a limitation on the amount of blabbering? are you kidding? everyone needs to continue blabbering ,
the case has been cold for 5 years...

blabber away I say! after all this is America and without an order by the judge a blackout is just really just an order from LE and as someone said today..the press has a right to ask as many questions as they like until a judge rules.

But it is like phantom pain, you know? The limb is gone, and it still hurts.

Each time some despicable pedophile or a local meth-head does something, the Internet explodes. Old BG is superimposed on the new one plus on the perpetrator, some 20-year old tattoos compared to the portraits, full speed ahead. (S-Killers are odd creatures, but I yet have to see one walking into a shop to tattoo the faces of victims on his chest).

And if no local bad boy is doing something nasty, then, a troll will start leaking, and we’d be feverish again.

We know more about Indiana officials than about our own state ones.

And as you have said, it is a cold case. BG is gone. So, all our responses are phantom pains. BG is walking in plain sight, somewhere, but he is not to draw attention to himself.

I think, BG can not be just a local. So I welcome the blackout because I think it is becoming impossible to live in Delphi under such a loupe.

Also, I was thinking about his potential oblique connection to Delphi that no one has yet factored in. My brain thinks the same way. I remember how in KB’s case, her phone pinging in Gooding and there being a rehab place in Gooding made me zero in on that rehab. That a local nurse could be the co-conspirator I could never imagine. And yesterday, I noticed there was an OP rehab place in Delphi, and thought about it. The reality will likely be more simple, and yet something that people won’t think about because luckily, the killers are a special group, and don’t think like everyone else.

Last edited:
I've said the same at the beginning of some of the more recent threads. We have unsolved cases on here that don't have 137 POSTS and here we have 137 threads. And still no arrests and a few POI's, but no real solid suspect.

You know, I think, maybe if we zeroed in on other cases, we’d have a better chance of catching BG. Maybe he has done something in other states, too. I am almost positive he has.

I have been 100% onboard with JBC since day one. I was hoping it hadn't been too long knowing all of the above and hopefully some sort of DNA match!

And here is the thing. If Indiana was started by 6 families of Pennsylvanian Germans, and in the absence of too many markers, I suspect one suspect’s DNA may look like another one. I am now thinking that maybe mitochondrial DNA is rare, and hence they were able to rule out certain suspects. I am thinking they have 2 sources, touch DNA and maybe, a hair, and one is trivial, and the other, unusual. Working with own family DNAs for genealogy, I can only imagine that for criminology, “unique” and “too common” are both unsuitable.

Probably not a welcome observation here, but it just might mean that furious public interest, rampant speculation and Social Media detectives will not be the keys to solving these murders.
Unfortunately. IMO

I don’t think anybody here thought social media, speculation or public interest was going to solve this case. I also don’t think it has prevented it from being solved.
It hasn’t been solved simply because Indiana LE, the people charged with finding the killer haven’t figured it out yet. We have been discussing for over four years why that is but we don’t know. Is it because LE there is incompetent or made a huge goof early on? Is it because the case is so odd or complex? We won’t know until they arrest someone.
We all better at least hope Chadwell is the guy they’re looking for, I know I am. This is a very cold case without that hope.

Like a dog hair, possibly??

I am thinking of a regular human hair shaft from which only mitochondrial DNA could be extracted.

And this mito-DNA is so unusual that several people could be ruled out.

JMO. Maybe there is no hair shaft, and simply, the previous offenders were lucky that they could be ruled out, even with partial DNA.

Now, if a suspect can not be ruled out with partial DNA, it doesn’t mean that he is ruled in, because the DNA is partial.

In general: how unusual is “unusual” DNA?
My dad’s mito one, in the whole system of 23@me, was matched by one person, his sister. Without her, they said, it was 1:13500.

FTDNA, that did a more profound job, lowered the incidence significantly. Not every match is a match by them, In their whole system, there are two mito matches for dad. One never responded, and the other one told quite a story.

Yes, they were originally exactly from the area my dad was born in. Yes, a tiny religious sect generated there and was removed in 1800 from the area by the government, not to spread the “heresy”. They eventually moved to the US, in 1920es, and the main reason he is speaking to me is because he was an outlier, in a way (left the group).

So imagine that hair had my dad’s mito. How easy would it be to find a match?

Next to impossible, because some of that religious group have been tested, in Ancestry, that is not doing mitochondrial matches.

Moreover, they are very much in their own, sectarians, and don’t like outsiders.

It there is a mito in Delphi case, of the same rarity, a match would mean a lot, but if, say, the incidence of such DNA is 1:20000, people who have it live in a cluster, and don’t get tested, how hard would it be?

I don’t think anybody here thought social media, speculation or public interest was going to solve this case. I also don’t think it has prevented it from being solved.
It hasn’t been solved simply because Indiana LE, the people charged with finding the killer haven’t figured it out yet. We have been discussing for over four years why that is but we don’t know. Is it because LE there is incompetent or made a huge goof early on? Is it because the case is so odd or complex? We won’t know until they arrest someone.
We all better at least hope Chadwell is the guy they’re looking for, I know I am. This is a very cold case without that hope.

I think, sadly, stranger-on-stranger murders have a very low incidence of being solved, and if the stranger is non-local, it is next to impossible.

And yesterday, I noticed there was an OP rehab place in Delphi, and thought about it. The reality will likely be more simple, and yet something that people won’t think about because luckily, the killers are a special group, and don’t think like everyone else.
Verrry good idea and an opportunity for BG to submerge immediately directly from the crime scene, being in time for his next session according to schedule. THAT would be an alibi (part of it at least), hard to beat, wow! It does make absolute sense, when I think of the person, I have in mind.
One single point speaks against it: BG wouldn't have been drunk, walking the bridge, in case, he was OP. IMO Though he might not have been drunk and some of us saw it not quite right. Possible.

Last edited:
I am thinking of a regular human hair shaft from which only mitochondrial DNA could be extracted.

And this mito-DNA is so unusual that several people could be ruled out.

JMO. Maybe there is no hair shaft, and simply, the previous offenders were lucky that they could be ruled out, even with partial DNA.

Now, if a suspect can not be ruled out with partial DNA, it doesn’t mean that he is ruled in, because the DNA is partial.

In general: how unusual is “unusual” DNA?
My dad’s mito one, in the whole system of 23@me, was matched by one person, his sister. Without her, they said, it was 1:13500.

FTDNA, that did a more profound job, lowered the incidence significantly. Not every match is a match by them, In their whole system, there are two mito matches for dad. One never responded, and the other one told quite a story.

Yes, they were originally exactly from the area my dad was born in. Yes, a tiny religious sect generated there and was removed in 1800 from the area by the government, not to spread the “heresy”. They eventually moved to the US, in 1920es, and the main reason he is speaking to me is because he was an outlier, in a way (left the group).

So imagine that hair had my dad’s mito. How easy would it be to find a match?

Next to impossible, because some of that religious group have been tested, in Ancestry, that is not doing mitochondrial matches.

Moreover, they are very much in their own, sectarians, and don’t like outsiders.

It there is a mito in Delphi case, of the same rarity, a match would mean a lot, but if, say, the incidence of such DNA is 1:20000, people who have it live in a cluster, and don’t get tested, how hard would it be?
Wow! Thank you so much for that answer...very interesting. (I was adopted, sorry not trying to take the focus off Libby and Abby)

Verrry good idea and an opportunity for BG to submerge immediately directly from the crime scene, being in time for his next session according to schedule. THAT would be an alibi (part of it at least), hard to beat, wow! It does make absolute sense, when I think of the person, I have in mind.
One single point speaks against it: BG wouldn't have been drunk, walking the bridge, in case, he was OP. IMO Though he might not have been drunk and some of us saw it not quite right. Possible.
I think he was drunk; but, just a feeling...imo

MOO I think a man who worked on scaffolding and towers regularly could walk on the bridge easily being half drunk.

You know, I think, maybe if we zeroed in on other cases, we’d have a better chance of catching BG. Maybe he has done something in other states, too. I am almost positive he has.
I just looked up for an OP reha hospital in Iowa/Evansdale and indeed found one in Waterloo, 10 driving minutes away. Maybe, such a facility played a role as you suggested and helped the perp's alibi. In case Evansdale (Lizzy/Lyric) one has to hope, his memory is intact after so many years, if he ever gets caught.
PS: I posted on the Iowa thread.

And here is the thing. If Indiana was started by 6 families of Pennsylvanian Germans, and in the absence of too many markers, I suspect one suspect’s DNA may look like another one. I am now thinking that maybe mitochondrial DNA is rare, and hence they were able to rule out certain suspects. I am thinking they have 2 sources, touch DNA and maybe, a hair, and one is trivial, and the other, unusual. Working with own family DNAs for genealogy, I can only imagine that for criminology, “unique” and “too common” are both unsuitable.

A founder event like what you're speculating here would be more typical of the German Baptist or Mennonite communities in Indiana. The rest of the population of Carroll County now would be considerably more genetically diverse, IMO. This part of Indiana also had a great deal of migration from Appalachia within the last two or three generations, which was typical throughout the rural Midwest.

JMO but I don't think a lack of genetic diversity in the local population is the "problem" with the DNA in this case. I think something else is going on. I'm hopeful it's something that advances in technology can eventually address.

We don’t know if he was drunk or not. I am thinking of a situation when someone who had some knowledge of the place had the reason to be there that would not be questioned, you know?

The case when a serial killer was installing security systems comes to mind. I forgot his name, but how easy it would be, to visit every house he’d break into? And of course he’s easily missed as he is on the “protection” side.

I think, here, there might be a combo of similar issues. The person has an access to the info about Delphi households (e.g., an election volunteer) and also, visits it occasionally.

I think he was drunk; but, just a feeling...imo

Well, the person is very organized. Fast. Alcohol might disinhibit someone enough to attack, but not help with a swift attack. So I’d say, not drunk. Might have had laryngitis and took something for cold, I think. To be honest, I believe it is hard to navigate the bridge when sober, and he looked very secure on these planks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member