Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not imagining it I remember this. Was it maybe mentioned on the HLN special on the two year anniversary?

Thank you for that, at least I didn’t dream it! I’ll keep looking. I’m thinking it might’ve served as advance warning to the PC that just occurred but at the time it sort of flew over everyone heads.

I haven't seen or read "The Shack," but from descriptions it sounds like it shows the murder victim having peace because God was with her? If that's so, maybe that concept takes some of the "power" away from the killer?
In the book, the protagonist is tormented by all the trauma he has experienced throughout his life. (There's no doubt that the sicko who murdered Abby and Libby also had a trauma-filled life. A spiritually healthy person doesn't kill two young girls.) The protagonist meets God the Father (played by a woman), Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. They teach the protagonist that he can find peace.

Imo, the sheriff believes that Abby's and Libby's killer is tormented by the trauma in his past and current life. The sheriff implied that the killer will only find peace from his torment by returning to God (the theme of The Shack). Returning to God or accepting God will require a confession.

Last edited:
I’m starting to wonder if someone had influence over NOT releasing the original sketch. Maybe someone in LE recognized him in Feb 2017 and tried to put a lid on it and steer the investigation in another direction?

If I was BP or MP I would be livid! Two years of wasted time looking for the wrong man.
MP has at least one LE friend in Delphi that he has mentioned, so I’m surprised that friend never “leaked” that info to him. Maybe he didn’t know?

My personal opinion on the 2 weeks is because LE wants that time for the Patty’s and AW as a cooling down period. I also think the raw emotion from Carter was because he knows they screwed up BIG time.

To be honest, I can’t wait for them to speak. They need to get it off their chest. Stress can cause illnesses. My heart goes out to them.

MOO
Someone in the family tweeted about it - sounded grateful to me, not angry. I don't have a link, sorry, but it was posted on the thread (probably the thread before this one).

jmo

I remember it being said on the HLN special also. Although he seemed to be almost pleased that LE saw all this wrong information flying around, I thought to myself that allowing that didn’t seem like a good idea.

Yes exactly, much the same feeling I had, left me with a vague sense of “what’s that about???”

. . . there is some chatter among some in the town about a particular youth minister (either was at one time or still is) . . .
I have heard this too. If he is who I think you are referring to, he does meet many of the characteristics LE mentioned, so he could be a possibility. He is outside the age range though. I personally have chosen another, younger man as "my POI", but this man could easily slide into my POI #2 slot.

Yes I know it's just an example of why anytime children are murdered the first place I'd look is the church
I don't see why that would be. There is no correlation between religion and the tendency to murder children, or anybody for that matter.
While it's true that corruption can be found in church, or people who are religious, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a significant connection between crime and religion.
Although I don't think LE has ruled it out, I wouldn't assume that a church would be the first place they would look. Imo

Last edited:
Two years on - “it’s exactly what they’ve done” suggests the first sketch was already becoming less and less a POI last Feb.

“We cannot and we will not move on. We are not leaving the community,” Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said. “I hear the detective say all the time, ‘if you get to the end, we just start over.’ And it’s exactly what they’ve done.”...”
Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later

Someone in the family tweeted about it - sounded grateful to me, not angry. I don't have a link, sorry, but it was posted on the thread (probably the thread before this one).

jmo

The family being grateful for breaks in the case sounds more likely than being angry. I hope this really is the break they needed.

The fact BG was so overdressed given the unseasonably nice day in February 2017 was discussed very early on in the treads. Several posters thought there was a possibility that he might be employed at the DELPHI Meat Processing Plant of the Indiana Packers.
MOO
I think that is a possibility as well.

As side notes, there are two types of general employees at production plants: ‘production’ and ‘technical’. Nearly all employees are production machine operators. Technical employees include skilled maintenance, welders, electricians etc.

Production employees have very set lunch and break times. It would be difficult to leave the plant and commit the crime for such an employee. Late arrivals from lunch and breaks are noticed quickly. Technical employees could have more flexible lunch times and late arrivals might not be noticed as fast.

BG could be an employee either going to a shift, or had just gotten off a shift. Shifts for production employees are very set. Technical employees can have different shifts as they use production down times to access machines. Likewise, technical employees might have more leeway in creating their own shifts.

I don't see why that would be. There is no correlation between religion and the tendency to murder children, or anybody for that matter.
While it's true that corruption can be found in church, or people who are religious, it doesn't necessarily mean their is a significant connection between crime and religion.
Although I don't think LE has ruled it out, I wouldn't assume that a church would be the first place they would look. Imo
I agree. There's evil in every occupation, I'm sure of it. Unless there is evidence pointing towards someone from the church, I see no reason LE would focus there any more than anywhere else. My guess is something at the crime scene or on the recording showed some form of remorse, even something as simple as placing leaves over one of their faces. At this point LE may feel it appropriate to reach out to that "small bit of conscience left." JMO

This is a question for someone who has been on the Monon high bridge. Is it possible to move along the length of the bridge, or even part way along the underside of the bridge by climbing along the metal support structure beneath the bridge? A local Delphi individual did videos in the past showing holes you could actually step down into and stand on the metal under structure. So are there sections of the bridge where someone could get onto the metal, climb up under the bridge and move along the bridge and come up through an opening near one end or the other? TIA

The timeline does not seem to allow for the killer to have much time abducting and then killing to young girls.
We don't know if they were abducted or even taken to another location. I'm not sure what the distance is between the bridge and where they were found, though. He may have killed them after walking them to the area near the creek.
The entire event may have only lasted an hour. Imo

Are we allowed to link to non-msm websites? It’s not social media. There’s an interesting (written, no video!) interview with the family I’d like to share.

who interviewed the family?

The other thing about shift work is a lot of schedules are not 9-5. My husband works shift work, and he’s currently on one of his regular 10 days off. He works 3 with 4 off a lot. He schedules his vacation around days off and ends up with several 1-month vacations per year.

My point is if he were inclined to prowl he’d have the time and energy to do it in spite of working a full-time job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member