Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the drama and emotion and supposed importance of the press conference, it was shocking to me how sloppy some things were. They flew through the part about the vehicle, got the date wrong, awkwardly corrected it. The three most important elements, new video...new audio, new sketch...were presented so clunkily(is that a word?) and fast I got nothing out of it. Had to gather it all in later. All the corrections and clarifications after the fact (new sketch is two years old, forget old sketch, sketches are two different people, etc) were very slack. Obvious the talking to the killer part was the priority.
Now, a week later, I really am more confused. I thought we were near the end...not so sure now.
Yeah, I agree with you here.

I was annoyed when they said “abandoned vehicle,” because the context made it clear that “abandoned,” was not the correct word to have used.

The second he said it, I was frustrated.

Getting the date wrong, was also problematic. I didn’t catch that one immediately.

I think so much effort was put into the messaging, that they overlooked some of the details.

I’m still optimistic, but that was unfortunate.

I don't necessarily believe it's someone that has been working on the case or has had access to evidence, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have some connection - either friends with a lot of LE, a corrections officer or some other "trusted, good citizen" that is known to a lot of the officers.
Maybe they have been tracking IP addresses who check their website.

On the link provided earlier of the LE computer screen, I could make out a Word Doc titled Bill of Sale but couldn't make out much else other than a Doc named Delphi (something after it) No idea if case related and doubtful LE would have info on screen viewable for the masses, unless they wanted BG to see something on that screen.
Good catch!

I wonder if spousal privilege is a possible issue in this case. Are their any legal experts who know whether communication between two spouses is considered privileged by courts in Indiana?

That is a great question. If a person confesses to a religious leader, who may also be a family member, what then? I wonder if there are any law cases on this.

Wells, I spoke with someone in clergy. The laws are variable by state. In Virginia, where this person was, the decision to report or not report is held by the clergy member. The decision is not held by the congregant or by the person being counseled.

I did some poking around looking for clear guidance for Indiana, and it is a mandatory reporting state for child abuse. Murder of a 13 year old and 14 year old girl might be considered abuse in a broad definition for reporting purposes.

Not to report abuse is a misdemeanor in Indiana. However, other compounding factors may apply. For example, clergy have to be credentialed with their denomination. If they get prosecuted for not reporting a mandatory report (abuse, for example), they may lose their credentials. In turn they would no longer be clergy in that denomination. Not making the right decision has some weight to it.

By parallel, I found a case in Iowa where a man went to a counselor and confessed to killing an elderly relative with a pillow. The state compelled the counselor to give testimony about that confession. The nature of a thing may shape how a protection is used or removed.

For all the drama and emotion and supposed importance of the press conference, it was shocking to me how sloppy some things were. They flew through the part about the vehicle, got the date wrong, awkwardly corrected it. The three most important elements, new video...new audio, new sketch...were presented so clunkily(is that a word?) and fast I got nothing out of it. Had to gather it all in later. All the corrections and clarifications after the fact (new sketch is two years old, forget old sketch, sketches are two different people, etc) were very slack. Obvious the talking to the killer part was the priority.
Now, a week later, I really am more confused. I thought we were near the end...not so sure now.

I think near the end may be somewhat longer than what the public may want

It’s been two yrs and everyone wants this solved yesterday

I have a firm belief that they are getting close

With that said I wouldn’t be surprised to find that we are weeks even months away from a conclusion

I realize that after 2 yrs many don’t have much confidence or patience

I believe they are closer today than yesterday and a heck of a lot closer than even months ago

Something significant has happened recently and they are now focused on a lot smaller group of people

We will have answers just probably not as soon as we would all like

On the link provided earlier of the LE computer screen, I could make out a Word Doc titled Bill of Sale but couldn't make out much else other than a Doc named Delphi (something after it) No idea if case related and doubtful LE would have info on screen viewable for the masses, unless they wanted BG to see something on that screen.

Can someone bump the link please to see such, thanks.

I think they might be less clueless if they could search public dna databases. I think they will eventually find him that way, or if he messes up and they catch him on something else. I believe they said they have dna. I think DNA is how they will solve this. I don't think it will be enough in and of itself, but being able to place him in that area, the video image, and the voice will all contribute to a positive ID.
In Feb at the 2 yr mark, they said they had as many as 1100 possible people of interest, not sure what that number represents, all the SO in Indiana maybe as a guess, but by Feb they were down to a group of 1-2 dozen. I wonder if those were DNA familial connections they were working through?

That’s the part that is confounding to me, why the first sketch was ruled out.

I know there is some speculation it was based upon the video, which makes sense. Then a possible witness, where the slur was made the witness was a “she.”

So, to backtrack, how many pressers have there been from the multi-agency task force? There was the first one, where the “down the hill” voice capture was shared. There was another one at the trailhead. I didn’t watch that one, but it gained some criticism. And the last one, which hopefully is a game changer. Was there another one in there with the “she” slip as eye witness, or did that come from from the first presser. Thanks for your help.
I do believe that in one of the early PC's he said something like, "Sh... the witness said..." and we all took that to mean he started to say "she" said. I still think it's probably true, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?
Since I only have 1 SM account, everything is set to private, and all of the people who can see it are relatives, friends for at least 35 years, or people I know who work in social services, I'd be surprised and extremely disappointed if anyone were to do that. I have had relatives who reached the point of harassment over politics, and they've all been blocked.

My honest opinion,
The most recent PC, most of what they said was made to be semantic interpretations.

E.g. “we think you might be with us here today, you are between 18-40 years old. You may have told someone...........”

Against my wishes, I really think LE is at a standstill. They have no real clarification or legitimate explanation on why the first sketch is now moot. Yes, I realize why they may not tell us at this time.

The last thing we want to hear from their mouths is that they don’t have any new leads.

Look at the Closs case, nobody had the slightest idea of what happened there. The motive or the senseless motive for a better term, was something nobody could have Imagined.
BBM
Actually, there were a couple of people who did suggest that senseless motive, but nobody seemed to take them very seriously. MOO

I'm still wondering what compelled Doug Carter to make this statement: "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, [insert pause for dramatic effect] ... but we have." Huh? How absurd. I feel like I'm watching the pilot episode of a failed TV series.
Unlike many people, I don't think he was talking about switching the focus from one sketch to the other; I think the strategy he was talking about was using information from DNA. They may have gotten a good enough description to make them realize that the other sketch was more accurate than they thought, and there may be evidence that he was from that general area, and they may have found one or more relatives in the area. If they actually got a picture based on his DNA, I would think they'd also show that, but it's possible that the sketch looks enough like it that they don't feel it's necessary. Or, I could be wrong about this whole thing... MOO

I hate to quote my own post, but in lieu of no response does that mean we don’t know how they ruled out CE as BG? As in, we don’t know if it was by DNA?
I was really hoping DNA, which would make it more likely, I think, that they also would have DNA on the real killer.
I think it's possible/likely that he was ruled out by his DNA. The only other way that would convince me is if he was actually in the process of committing a different crime when they disappeared. I think DNA is more likely. MOO

when I first started reading this, and heard the audio, I thought he might have been a coach of something- if not in Delphi, nearby or at a camp or something like that. it just sounds like some one telling kids to line up or get into two teams. it also does not sound particularly threatening in the clip.
I absolutely agree Acutename,
Definitely like a coach. Non-threatening.
Eager to get cooperation.

I wondered about other occupations in and around Delphi that would require someone to direct the public.
And who could be in a position to abuse that role?

Who could have beef with the whole community? Maybe, because he perceived he was rejected?
Who is in a "capacity to be trusted", but because of underlying mental illness, and a sense of bitterness, abuses that power and authority?
Who might have limited contact with the public and get a lot of practice ordering citizens about, but then use those skills of "persuasion" in the commission of a heinous act against children?
Honestly, BG could be a security guard, .......who has sunk into the depths of mental illness.

(No offense. I know many security guards who are great people. This post is not to impugn any single profession. I'm just examining "access" to a certain "role" in the community.)

Drawing parallels from a previous case here:

What if BG wanted to become a police officer? (Just like J.P. wanted to go into the military in the Closs case)

And what if BG applied for a position in LE near Delphi, and was rejected? But he, BG, had huge delusions and expectations of power. (Much like J.P. imagined that ...... the military was just all about....... getting hold of a gun, and doing whatever he wanted with it.)

Maybe, BG then had to "settle" for a security guard job; And with that company "badge", BG thinks he's now entitled to all sorts of authority that he imagines is his, .....but doesn't get.

BG's family could have pushed him, supported him, and even pulled strings for him to get into the State Police or the local PD. But, BG (like JP) didn't have what it took. His 'problems' could have been evident since middle school even.

As a security guard (at ...... a construction site? a bank? a YMCA? a hospital? a school? a shopping mall? a county government office?), BG is reminded every day of what he has NOT achieved.

BG's perception is that the Town of Delphi has made him feel like a loser and a failure.
This horrific act was his revenge.

BG now feels "all powerful" by demonstrating that the local hiking trail is under "his control".
The tables are turned: BG is laughing at LE.
One can only hope that BG is arrested soon.
Before he murders again.

The Delphi Community deserves to have its Peace restored.

----------------------------
(Just my opinion and speculation)

That’s the part that is confounding to me, why the first sketch was ruled out.
I could see why they might rule out the first sketch if they made a positive ID and were able to prove that he was uninvolved, perhaps even recently. What is more confounding to me is their confidence regarding the newly released sketch. It seems like the first released sketch was originally a POI only, where now they are claiming confidence that the newly released sketch is definitely the killer and claiming that this sketch more closely resembles the man in the video. I find that very interesting. I still see mostly just a Caucasian blob for a face. Outside of having a parabon sketch made that resembles the original sketch, I don't see how they can make this leap, unless there are more images they don't want us to see. Maybe someone recently arrested with nothing else to lose admitted to seeing something and gave a description that matched the younger sketch.

I still can't believe the search was stopped at 10pm ish. Does anyone have the quote from
LE on why they stopped that night?

I can't wrap my head around the fact that the family is frantically searching for them from
3-5pm. LE is notified approx 5:30 and then from what I have read practically the whole town is searching until 10.

And they go home to resume at 9am on the 14th. No way.

If the family was freaking out at 3pm and searched until 10...4 hours with LE help
they must have been losing their minds when they were told by LE they were calling it
off for the night.

I’ve been hanging out quietly as of late catching up on posts, but this case is what brought me to WS a little over 2 years ago, and I am absolutely more encouraged and hopeful than I’ve been about this case in a long tine.

Something has changed. Something is giving LE and Carter new vigor. The fact that they announced the PC more ahead of time than normal, invited the public...maybe they wanted to give someone the chance to request work off for example, to ensure they would come. Or make BG sweat over the weekend.

Plenty of what we heard at the PC was definitely BAU profiling tactics, but there is more, we just don’t know what..yet. But we will. For the first time in a long while, I believe we will eventually know who BG is, what really happened...and we will all collectively sigh and admit that everything now makes sense.

At least that’s my hope.

Or possibly ex-military who wanted to be top dog? Just throwing it out there.

Also, I saw one hairstyle for men that could possibly come off as neat looking military or a full head of hair. It's a men's undercut. Depending on how short it's cut on top, if a guy wanted he could make it look different, examples on google images. That's from looking on google for military style haircuts or men's undercut haircuts. Just thinking about different hair differences from posters on what they saw. An undercut has longer hair on top. Sometimes grown long. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon