Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who can't believe that he could threaten or kill both without one getting away - just google Richard Speck. Or the other guy who killed one woman at this Christian store and SA the other 2, there were 3 grown women and one man with a gun.

So sadly this can be done and especially if they have a weapon pointed at them, it doesn't really matter how many victims are there. MOO.

Im trying to find link where LE member says something like (paraphrase til link) the attack started almost straight after/ soon after/ right after the audio / video footage. All moo til link found

"about to occur"

Not only did German capture video, state police said the suspect photo released Feb. 15 was also taken from her cell phone.

ISP: Liberty German is a hero

“That young lady is a hero, that is no doubt,” said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocom. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior is about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”

bbm

Ives from MARCH 14, 2017 article:

“DELPHI, Ind. -- Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives told FOX59 the law of averages favors that of the thousands of tips that have poured in and the hundreds of doors police and FBI agents have knocked on in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”“

Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe
MARCH 14, 2017

—-

Carroll County prosecutor to retire amidst high-profile investigations
Nov 11, 2017

“He said the Delphi and Flora cases affected his decision in a way. Ives said charges are not "imminent" in either case.

"If we had filed charges in either of those cases, I do not think I would have retired," Ives said. "In fact, I probably would run again because I would have wanted to see them through from start to finish."“

Snip

"Don't misunderstand me," Ives said. "I might receive a phone call in an hour that says we really have something now, but that is not going on at the moment."

“Ives said nothing in his career compares to the Flora and Delphi investigations. He said he fully expects detectives to solve the cases, but he doesn't expect to be the one to prosecute the suspects.

"If we had enough evidence to file charges in either one of those cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. "But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."“

—-

Can someone please find a source the was sworn back in? (Tia) Battery dying and that’s not listed here:

Carroll County Court System

Last edited:
Post deleted.

(Apologies, trying to catch up & see the point I was going to make has already been mentioned)

Last edited:
What if we assume the obvious. That he was not after any woman but in fact, was after either one, or both, girls, and stalked them till he got his chance?
I don’t think it’s obvious.

In many cases involving guys who commit crimes like this, their target type is quite malleable.

He could have simply been looking to attack any female, and happened to come across two teenage girls.

We can’t assume that he was targeting them specifically, or even their age group in general.

Several attempts attached below. Working off IPhone XS. Will try later on iPad. To be clear, I am using the image from the original link with the iPhone magnifier option. That is all.

I was just thinkig of a picture I saw in the beginning, we discussed what we saw and I clearly (hm) saw a book, It is there!!! not the circled one but the one next to it, I really want to se the title on it and rule out the shack. ( my eyes are not what they were 30 years ago so I can be very wrong.

Unless he kills every February, hard to tell.

My guess would be, having free time to daydream (holidays) should be a trigger.

Feb. 13th, 2017, was a work day for most people aged 18-40.

Except some Illinois workers, and some folks in public education in and around Delphi.

I don't think there's any direct connection to anything I posted above, I just think he had the day off from work.

JMO

There are enhanced photos out there done by LE that show a lot more than we can see from the video or stills taken from the video. But it still is not 100% clear.

Hasn’t LE released what they consider to be the best visual in order that the public can help with an ID? What are these other LE enhanced photos your speak of? I haven’t seen any of these or heard them referred to? Please correct me if I’m having a total brain fart.

I wonder if the videotaping set him off? He flew into a narcissist rage or felt the girls were laughing at him (paranoid/delusional)? Is it possible he killed them from a fit of rage vs planned murder?
IF this was the case (I'm fully with you!), then why should he have had a "murder kit" under his blue jacket? Was it something other, that he carried along? IF he arrived from the end of bridge, passed the girls on the track and turned around after passing them - where did he originally come from and what other things (than tools for a killing) might he have concealed under his clothing?

New to this thread. Heartbreaking case. I've spent the last few hours catching up on media stuff and the latest press conference. Sorry, I haven't read all the posts to date.

My impression is, LE are almost certain they know who the killer is but can't quite get him.....yet, but they are close. Something said by a local in an earlier news broadcast made me think of the statement that they believe the killer either lives in Delphi, once lived there or works there. My guess is he grew up there as a child, with family and friends and may have moved to a neighbouring town or county but visits family and friends? In fact, I think he was very familiar with the area and quite likely played there as a teen himself. It struck me when it was "asked" of the killer, "What will those closest to you think when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children. Only a coward would do such a thing."

Another thing that struck me was when it was stated that he was between 18 - 40, but could be older than he looks. I have a 36 year old son that could pass for 26 easily. So it's no stretch to think a 40 year old could pass for 30. I think this recent press conference was to put him on notice. I guarantee he is under 24 hr. surveillance. Someone who can kill two sweet, innocent girls is capable of doing it again and LE will do their best to prevent that. Whoever he is, he now KNOWS they KNOW. Hopefully, they get what they need soon to get him off the streets and give the residents of Delphi a measure of peace again and justice for Abby and Libby. JMT

If you look at the map I made, you can see the creek is the closest possible escape route. They can't re-cross the bridge and all the other routes of escape (indicated by red lines) are terrible choices and require running much further and, even so, not necessarily promising help of any kind. On the other hand... a ride to pick them us is going to arrive soon across the creek... safety is across the creek, imo.

Thank you for providing the drawing. Makes things easier to put into perspective.

I wonder how long it takes to walk from the bridge to the property where they were found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member