IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I handful of RSO's in the area were listed as homeless. During the 2nd presser someone asked if all the RSOs had been checked out. The answer was "all but a couple they have not been able to track down" or words to that effect.

Were they RSOs that live there or work there homeless?

I believe there is some transportation to Indiana Packer's meat processing plant from Lafayette. There are definitely homeless people in Lafayette...

i remember being 15 when the internet was just starting up. I met an older guy in a chat room and we ended up private messaging. He wanted to meet up with me so I decided the mall would be a good place. I decided to bring my friend Katie with me who was a year older to help me feel safer meeting him. Katie was a bit tougher than me and was a punk rock girl so she made me feel safe. She also was the smartest girl in her class so I trusted her opinion on whether or not he was going to be a creep when we all met up. He ended up being like 24 years old or something ridiculous and we laughed it off once we were done meeting with him at the mall. I don't remember if I told my mom I was meeting him or not, but she had dropped us off at the mall and picked us back up after. I chose to meet him in a public place for safety reasons, but it was risky at any rate. I'm so glad nothing bad happened to Katie or me.

Point being - I can see how girls as young as 13 can be lured into meeting a "boy" out somewhere and they likely would bring a friend to feel more secure. I was a good kid by all means, but I was also insecure and not impervious to being flattered when a "boy" thought I was cute and wanted to meet me in person after meeting online. This was years ago. I'm talking AOL chatroom.

Time's UP.

We're 72 hours into this now........no suspect, no person of interest, no arrest, no ongoing manhunt.......no nothing.

It's time to release the moving video now of the subject walking across the bridge. It's not much to go off of, but maybe somebody will recognize the gait, the way he carries himself, if he slouches, if he's pigeon toed, etc. It's going to be somewhat maddening because we all know that the surface of that bridge is full of hazards and pitfalls, so it most likely isn't going to be an entirely smooth stroll as he walks by the camera. That may be a big part of the reason why they decided not to release up until now anyway. It really makes absolutely no difference what the origin of the video is.

If the video was taken by a game camera, and it most likely was, then the video should be at least 10 seconds long. The majority of game cameras that I am familiar with have a minimum and maximum setting for how long you can let a video record. In almost all case, 10 seconds is the minimum, and I personally have a couple of cameras that will record up to 180 seconds, or three minutes. Moultrie cameras usually have an option of 10, 30, 60 seconds of recording. I use StealthCams, and they offer settings of 1-9 still pictures per trigger, or 10-180 seconds of video per trigger. You can set the video resolution to high or low. The higher the resolution, the faster your videos are going to fill up the internal SD card. The videos are much clearer and better defined in high resolution. Judging solely by the screenshots that were captured which we have all seen now, I'm 90% sure that the camera was filming in low resolution. The person that set the camera up most likely did it that way so he/she could get many days worth of moving video footage without maxing out the SD Card. I use to set my cameras up and leave them out for a week or two at a time before I would return and get them. Sometimes the SD Card was completely filled up, and sometimes it wasn't.

It was stated in the media that the pictures we've all seen were screenshots taken from a video. Release it to the public, at least the part where he's crossing in front of the camera.

If you know what size boots he wore----------release it....... Anything you've got that might make a light bulb go off in someone's head....release it.

Somebody out there could take a look at the video footage and either identify this guy, or have a damn good idea who it might be. As far as I know, they've served ONE warrant, and apparently LE had all of their eggs in that basket. But as we all know, that fizzled and died a miserable death...........reason unknown.

Anyone see the other story on this girl missing from Kokomo - Breanna Voiles, Kokomo? I believe there are a few up north of Indianapolis. So sad.

i remember being 15 when the internet was just starting up. I met an older guy in a chat room and we ended up private messaging. He wanted to meet up with me so I decided the mall would be a good place. I decided to bring my friend Katie with me who was a year older to help me feel safer meeting him. Katie was a bit tougher than me and was a punk rock girl so she made me feel safe. She also was the smartest girl in her class so I trusted her opinion on whether or not he was going to be a creep when we all met up. He ended up being like 24 years old or something ridiculous and we laughed it off once we were done meeting with him at the mall. I don't remember if I told my mom I was meeting him or not, but she had dropped us off at the mall and picked us back up after. I chose to meet him in a public place for safety reasons, but it was risky at any rate. I'm so glad nothing bad happened to Katie or me.

Point being - I can see how girls as young as 13 can be lured into meeting a "boy" out somewhere and they likely would bring a friend to feel more secure. I was a good kid by all means, but I was also insecure and not impervious to being flattered when a "boy" thought I was cute and wanted to meet me in person after meeting online. This was years ago. I'm talking AOL chatroom.

Exactly how I think this happened....

Maybe someone was fishing down on the riverbank that they knew. Maybe they didn't even drive rode a bike. Perhaps friends that hang out with the brother or sister.

From looking at the picture of the girl on the bridge she didn't look in a rush to meet someone. If we take the Snapchat posting as an hour after they were dropped off. Another poster said that was a slow pace for the distance covered not the actions of two young girls off to meet someone IMO Remembering myself at that age I would have been eager to get to an arranged meeting place. However to completely contradict myself but the area seems like one of those places known well by locals but not a place you would know about ( unless you were a hiker) outside of the area. What are the odds someone happened across these two girls? Seems unlikely to me ( of course always that slim chance) The girls clearly knew the area well being local I'd like to think if they felt threatened they would have known a nearby house to have gone too ( if they had had chance) All makes me think it is someone local and someone who at least the girls know by sight. JMO

Time's UP.

We're 72 hours into this now........no suspect, no person of interest, no arrest, no ongoing manhunt.......no nothing.

It's time to release the moving video now of the subject walking across the bridge. It's not much to go off of, but maybe somebody will recognize the gait, the way he carries himself, if he slouches, if he's pigeon toed, etc. It's going to be somewhat maddening because we all know that the surface of that bridge is full of hazards and pitfalls, so it most likely isn't going to be an entirely smooth stroll as he walks by the camera. That may be a big part of the reason why they decided not to release up until now anyway. It really makes absolutely no difference what the origin of the video is.

If the video was taken by a game camera, and it most likely was, then the video should be at least 10 seconds long. The majority of game cameras that I am familiar with have a minimum and maximum setting for how long you can let a video record. In almost all case, 10 seconds is the minimum, and I personally have a couple of cameras that will record up to 180 seconds, or three minutes. Moultrie cameras usually have an option of 10, 30, 60 seconds of recording. I use StealthCams, and they offer settings of 1-9 still pictures per trigger, or 10-180 seconds of video per trigger. You can set the video resolution to high or low. The higher the resolution, the faster your videos are going to fill up the internal SD card. The videos are much clearer and better defined in high resolution. Judging solely by the screenshots that were captured which we have all seen now, I'm 90% sure that the camera was filming in low resolution. The person that set the camera up most likely did it that way so he/she could get many days worth of moving video footage without maxing out the SD Card. I use to set my cameras up and leave them out for a week or two at a time before I would return and get them. Sometimes the SD Card was completely filled up, and sometimes it wasn't.

It was stated in the media that the pictures we've all seen were screenshots taken from a video. Release it to the public, at least the part where he's crossing in front of the camera.

If you know what size boots he wore----------release it....... Anything you've got that might make a light bulb go off in someone's head....release it.

Somebody out there could take a look at the video footage and either identify this guy, or have a damn good idea who it might be. As far as I know, they've served ONE warrant, and apparently LE had all of their eggs in that basket. But as we all know, that fizzled and died a miserable death...........reason unknown.

Not sure if you saw guitars post in the other thread but it doesn't appear to be a video still to him. It looks like a very enlarged photo he said.

Not sure if you saw guitars post in the other thread but it doesn't appear to be a video still to him. It looks like a very enlarged photo he said.

I don't know who guitar is or what his expertise is, but the news media said flat out that the pictures they were distributing came from a video.

Were they RSOs that live there or work there homeless?

I believe there is some transportation to Indiana Packer's meat processing plant from Lafayette. There are definitely homeless people in Lafayette...

Possibly. The 2 homeless I see on the list are listed under Lafayette as 'city'

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results.php?AgencyID=54663&SubmitNameSearch=1&OfndrCity=Delphi&OfndrLast=&OfndrFirst=&level=&AllCity=&altaddr=home_addr&excludeIncarcerated=0&page=2

(You have to click accept TOS at the bottom to see the list)

I don't think they planned to meet anybody.

I think someone planned to meet them though, with info gleaned from social media

These girls were honor roll role students. Smart kids. I believe they would have chosen a more public area to meet with a virtual stranger.

Not some remote wooded place. Jmo

“Delphi is one of the safest places, and now, to think something could have happened here in our own town — it’s scary,” resident Melissa Deal, a family friend of the two girls, told ABC News.

Another family friend, Kevin Kolonginsky, told ABC News he was shocked that such a “horrible” thing could happen in the nature trail near the town.

“We have a wonderful trail system here, that’s one of the beautiful things about living here,” Kolonginsky said. “And this is as horrible a thing that could happen to an asset like that for a town and to the children of our town.”

He said that “from now on, kids on trails will have their moms and dads with them.”

Delphi’s mayor, Shane Evans, told ABC News Friday that the loss of German and Williams has been “surreal” for the city’s residents.

“This is difficult time for everyone,” Evans said. “I think a double-homicide is rare anywhere, but it’s extremely rare for the city of Delphi.”

The 27-year-old mayor said the last homicide in the city he could remember happened when he was in middle school.

Evans said Delphi is a “generally very safe and friendly area” where “people wave when they see each other on the streets.”

Despite the heartbreak, Evans said that the community has come closer together in “an outpouring of support” for each other, the girls and their families.

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2017/02/17/...en-and-rattled-by-murders-of-2-teenage-girls/

I don't think they planned to me anybody.
I think someone planned to meet them though, with info gleaned from social media.

I think it's definitely one or the other. Either someone following one/both of them on SM knew they would be at the park or they arranged a meeting that afternoon.

SM will be key.

Just surprised there hasn't been an arrest. I really thought this one would go quick.

jmo

Twenty seven years ago - before our family had AOL - I believe they were called bulletin boards. I somehow got connected with what I thought was like a pen pal. Initially I thought I was conversing with another girl - my parents knew about it. It was a long time ago and my memory is fuzzy - turns out the unisex name ended up being a boy. We were supposed to be around the same age - 13. One day I came home from school and there was a small flower delivery for me. My parents handled it in the background - all I ever knew was that he turned out to be an adult. And I'd never given my address. That was the end of bulletin boards in our house.
I'm reading these similar stories and while I 'knew' bad things could happen - it seems the scale that this is happening is beyond my comprehension. What evil. Why can't people have mundane hobbies?

Marking my spot and hoping for an arrest before a new thread is started.

There have been cases where teenage girls have been the killers, usually over boy drama and jealousy. I'm not ruling out a group of girls until we have more details.

I don't think they planned to me anybody.
I think someone planned to meet them though, with info gleaned from social media

These girls were honor roll role students. Smart kids. I believe they would have chosen a more public area to meet with a virtual stranger.

Not some remote wooded place. Jmo

Smart kids still do foolish things. I can see the thought process of 'I'll drag my friend along and go to the park I'm comfortable in and people will be around at 2ish pm to meet this guy.' These poor girls were only 13 and 14. I still do stupid and unsafe stuff at 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members