IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
they also should be asking if they seen any strange people hanging out or around that park the last few week.

There have been cases where teenage girls have been the killers, usually over boy drama and jealousy. I'm not ruling out a group of girls until we have more details.

I honestly felt the same early on but I had just watched the slenderman murder documentary. But I won't be shocked if it turns out to be peers or someone(s) in their teens. JMO

attachment.php

This image was shared on Facebook by the Newton County Sheriff's Dept. Low quality and hard to read. I transcribed it in the last thread, and thought I'd paste that here to make it easier to find.

Situation: The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department are requesting law enforcement assistance in identifying the individual in the below photographs.

Two bodies found in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County have been positively identified as Abigail J. Williams, 13 of Delphi and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14 of Delphi. They were reported missing on Monday, February 13, 2017. The bodies were discovered about 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017 in the woods near the Deer Creek by volunteers helping in the search for the missing girls. The families have been notified.

The victims were last seen alive around 1:00 pm Monday, February 13, 2017 when they were dropped off close to the Monon (not sure about this word) High Bridge near Delphi, Indiana. The images below are from a video taken in the area.

Anyone with information leading to the identification of the below individual should contact the Indiana State Police at (765) 567-2125 or Carroll County Sheriff's Department (765) 564-2413.

I can only read some of the very bottom text. "This information should be considered LAW ENFORCEMENT (cant read). Further distribution of this document ......" Not sure after that really.

I just wanted to point this out so that all the speculation about where the still images came from, might stop.

the guy who killed the jogger in new york was hanging out and around the park before he did what he did. This guy might of been scoping the park out for the right moment.

i remember being 15 when the internet was just starting up. I met an older guy in a chat room and we ended up private messaging. He wanted to meet up with me so I decided the mall would be a good place. I decided to bring my friend Katie with me who was a year older to help me feel safer meeting him. Katie was a bit tougher than me and was a punk rock girl so she made me feel safe. She also was the smartest girl in her class so I trusted her opinion on whether or not he was going to be a creep when we all met up. He ended up being like 24 years old or something ridiculous and we laughed it off once we were done meeting with him at the mall. I don't remember if I told my mom I was meeting him or not, but she had dropped us off at the mall and picked us back up after. I chose to meet him in a public place for safety reasons, but it was risky at any rate. I'm so glad nothing bad happened to Katie or me.

Point being - I can see how girls as young as 13 can be lured into meeting a "boy" out somewhere and they likely would bring a friend to feel more secure. I was a good kid by all means, but I was also insecure and not impervious to being flattered when a "boy" thought I was cute and wanted to meet me in person after meeting online. This was years ago. I'm talking AOL chatroom.

Ditto times 100! I was a moron when AOL happened. I met all kinds of strangers (in public places) and never once thought something terrible might happen to me. a/s/l in every chat room - and never hesitated to tell the truth about where I lived, etc.

And that was just one platform. Kids now have multiple platforms and they're equally as free as I was when it comes to giving out information. On that note, I'm glad Instagram got rid of their photo map.

Who knows if there will be a social media connection here, but I will not be surprised if there is. Makes me want to delete myself entirely.

I watched the clip on twitter, but didn't see/hear what "one says other teens saw on the trail that day."

What am I missing?

I think the tweet is a teaser for the local news. Hopefully a local will let us know if there was any new information reported.

Twenty seven years ago - before our family had AOL - I believe they were called bulletin boards. I somehow got connected with what I thought was like a pen pal. Initially I thought I was conversing with another girl - my parents knew about it. It was a long time ago and my memory is fuzzy - turns out the unisex name ended up being a boy. We were supposed to be around the same age - 13. One day I came home from school and there was a small flower delivery for me. My parents handled it in the background - all I ever knew was that he turned out to be an adult. And I'd never given my address. That was the end of bulletin boards in our house.
I'm reading these similar stories and while I 'knew' bad things could happen - it seems the scale that this is happening is beyond my comprehension. What evil. Why can't people have mundane hobbies?

Good post! why can't these people have mundane hobbies" Indeed! Their not even "people" these miserable horrible excuses for human beings!

And yes, that is exactly how these predators the find these kids. I remember the MSM newsgroup BB's very well...

Just seemingly innocent messages can reveal SO much, and todays methods of communicating are bundled and connected into every other possible account via syncing, cloud ect...

it is rather easy to get someone's personal info without extremely good security measures. And even then, the Web is a PUBLIC place. all of it. even if you think you have Privacy Settings".

I love the web, but I detest syncing and the explosion of privacy invasion that seems to be growing ever more prevalent. I prefer the old days when we were all just anonymous brains connecting in the big blue empty to share ideas.

Twenty seven years ago - before our family had AOL - I believe they were called bulletin boards. I somehow got connected with what I thought was like a pen pal. Initially I thought I was conversing with another girl - my parents knew about it. It was a long time ago and my memory is fuzzy - turns out the unisex name ended up being a boy. We were supposed to be around the same age - 13. One day I came home from school and there was a small flower delivery for me. My parents handled it in the background - all I ever knew was that he turned out to be an adult. And I'd never given my address. That was the end of bulletin boards in our house.
I'm reading these similar stories and while I 'knew' bad things could happen - it seems the scale that this is happening is beyond my comprehension. What evil. Why can't people have mundane hobbies?

I had a similar experience, except mine was through the letters to the editor in my local newspaper (the internet was still a decade away). I was a teenager and convinced I knew everything. I cringe when I realize how incredibly naive I was. I saw a letter from a prisoner with his sad story and wrote to him. My mom woke me one Saturday morning to ask why I was getting mail from a state penitentiary. I just knew she was overreacting. It didn't take long for him to start putting on the pressure for something after his release, though that was not something I was interested in. I was so scared. He also gave my name and address to other inmates, so I got a barrage of letters. Fortunately nothing ever happened, but I can so see myself having made some (other) incredibly bad decisions if I'd had social media at my fingertips. I think that's why this case has drawn me so much. I read here occasionally but probably haven't posted in a couple years or so, but I am having a hard time leaving this case. I am heartbroken for these girls, and for their families, and keep hoping that when I log on there will be news of an arrest (or arrests).

So scary. Thank goodness your parents were smart and "on it". They were aware almost before catfishing was a thing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

With the explosion of the internet has also come an explosion of access to *advertiser censored*, Ted Bundy talked about how *advertiser censored* began his murderous career.

I think it was someone local. Might look to see if someone decided to drastically change their hair style that lives in thst town. Maybe shaved their head.

“Delphi is one of the safest places, and now, to think something could have happened here in our own town — it’s scary,” resident Melissa Deal, a family friend of the two girls, told ABC News.

Another family friend, Kevin Kolonginsky, told ABC News he was shocked that such a “horrible” thing could happen in the nature trail near the town.

“We have a wonderful trail system here, that’s one of the beautiful things about living here,” Kolonginsky said. “And this is as horrible a thing that could happen to an asset like that for a town and to the children of our town.”

He said that “from now on, kids on trails will have their moms and dads with them.”

Delphi’s mayor, Shane Evans, told ABC News Friday that the loss of German and Williams has been “surreal” for the city’s residents.

“This is difficult time for everyone,” Evans said. “I think a double-homicide is rare anywhere, but it’s extremely rare for the city of Delphi.”

The 27-year-old mayor said the last homicide in the city he could remember happened when he was in middle school.

Evans said Delphi is a “generally very safe and friendly area” where “people wave when they see each other on the streets.”

Despite the heartbreak, Evans said that the community has come closer together in “an outpouring of support” for each other, the girls and their families.

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2017/02/17/...en-and-rattled-by-murders-of-2-teenage-girls/

Yes, it is VERY sad such a thing should have come to Delphi. So sorry the peace and well-being of this community has been disrupted. Prayers for all.

:tears::crying:

I watched the clip on twitter, but didn't see/hear what "one says other teens saw on the trail that day."

What am I missing?
I think he meant tonight on Night beat. (Is that a local news show?) I dunno.

I just wanted to point this out so that all the speculation about where the still images came from, might stop.

Yep...........your turn to try and pound it into their heads.....................all I get is argument.

I don't know why LE is being so secretive about who and where the video came from.................but they do seem to like their secrets.

Most likely the reason they actually came across that video is because they saw the trail camera strapped to a tree, next to the bridge, when they began searching for the girls. They would have taken it down to retrieve evidence from it while trying to contact the owner. If need be, they could have tracked down the owner of the camera by lifting fingerprints from the camera itself, especially the inside housing. I imagine they were positively thrilled that they got the images from the SD card that they did. I imagine they have also been out there in the woods searching desperately for even more game cameras that may have picked something up.

We have two images of this fella' walking towards the camera. Is there video of him making a return trip with his back to the camera ?? If so, where is it ?

What was the time span between the two videos ? If there isn't a video of him returning across the bridge with his back to the camera, then how did he manage to leave the area ?

I had a similar experience, except mine was through the letters to the editor in my local newspaper (the internet was still a decade away). I was a teenager and convinced I knew everything, when in actuality I was incredibly naive. I saw a letter from a prisoner with his sad story and wrote to him. My mom woke me one Saturday morning to ask why I was getting mail from a state penitentiary. I just knew she was overreacting. It didn't take long for him to start putting on the pressure for something after his release, though that was not something I was interested in. I was so scared. He also gave my name and address to other inmates, so I got a barrage of letters. Fortunately nothing ever happened, but I can so see myself having made some (other) incredibly bad decisions if I'd had social media at my fingertips. I think that's why this case has drawn me so much. I read here occasionally but probably haven't posted in a couple years or so, but I am having a hard time leaving this case. I am heartbroken for these girls, and for their families, and keep hoping that when I log on there will be news of an arrest (or arrests).

That is scary!

My experience is also pre-internet. We had phone "rooms" (I can't remember what we called them, but we did have a name). You'd call a phone number and you'd hear a busy signal, but you could shout out your phone number or listen for someone else to shout out their number. Sometimes people would also shout out questions like "How old are you?" or "Where do you live?"

Then people would call each other and have a conversation. My friend and I about 14, and we agreed to meet a couple of boys. We met them at a bowling alley and it was a disaster. Nothing dangerous happened, just really boring with no chemistry. However, the guys kept calling and calling and calling. I don't remember how it ended, but I remember being very stressed about the phone calls coming to my house.

Very mild compared to what happens now!!....But it makes me sympathetic to the kids wanting to connect. They are not looking for danger and they have no idea what can happen.

Well, I've aged myself now, haven't I? (And I didn't even mention meeting people through CB radio, lol!!)

on thread one there was an article which mentioned a sand bar....I forgot to note and ask about the sandbar in L and L's case.

I don't think they planned to meet anybody.

I think someone planned to meet them though, with info gleaned from social media

These girls were honor roll role students. Smart kids. I believe they would have chosen a more public area to meet with a virtual stranger.

Not some remote wooded place. Jmo

Responding with respect, but it doesn't matter if a teen is a honor roll student. A teen is a teen no matter what their academic or social scene is..... Things happen to any teen meaning all teens take chances or do things out of the box every so often. I am not implying that this is the case with L and A but no one never knows what a teen does every second

That is scary!

My experience is also pre-internet. We had phone "rooms" (I can't remember what we called them, but we did have a name). You'd call a phone number and you'd hear a busy signal, but you could shout out your phone number or listen for someone else to shout out their number. Sometimes people would also shout out questions like "How old are you?" or "Where do you live?"

Then people would call each other and have a conversation. My friend and I about 14, and we agreed to meet a couple of boys. We met them at a bowling alley and it was a disaster. Nothing dangerous happened, just really boring with no chemistry. However, the guys kept calling and calling and calling. I don't remember how it ended, but I remember being very stressed about the phone calls coming to my house.

Very mild compared to what happens now!!....But it makes me sympathetic to the kids wanting to connect. They are not looking for danger and they have no idea what can happen.

Well, I've aged myself now, haven't I? (And I didn't even mention meeting people through CB radio, lol!!)
This is so funny I almost peed.[emoji12]

I'm so freaking thankful there wasn't an internet and social media back in my youth. I did plenty of foolish crap that I still don't know how I got out of. I would have never survived. And I do vaguely remember this commercial for local chat rooms. Like a 900 # but supposedly just for fun not *advertiser censored*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member