IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IllinoisMissing. My apologies, I did not see where you had made the trip. I will go again, just to try to answer any questions I see here. Thank you for going.
No apologies...I was just trying to let you know that the bridge was open as I had been there.

I did not walk across to get pics from the other side of the bridge...the side where the trail from town leads. I only went to the side off of 300W.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A good question from the last thread that hasn't been answered.
Do we know how many people where in the area that day? I'd read 3 that LE had spoken to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

that was my post...thanks for reposting it

Good morning and thank you moderators for keeping this place so friendly!!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

That's an easy Google maps search . IMO

Sent from Tapatalk

respectfully, google maps does not have everything on it. Sometimes locals can point out minor things that are not on google

A good question from the last thread that hasn't been answered.
Do we know how many people where in the area that day? I'd read 3 that LE had spoken to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I have read that several people saw the girls walking. I don't remember where I saw it, so don't quote me on that.

IMO abused women are afraid to turn in somebody they are in a relationship with. Is co-dependent what I mean? I'm not educated.

IME it's not co-dependant so much as self-preservation... knowing that he will kill you if you turn him in because he will post bail at some point or otherwise get out at some point and he's made it abundantly clear that you will not survive, and perhaps he's also threatened the children. there's not always somewhere to go or someone to help. it's not so easy to just leave and go where? and do what? the worry of "what do I have to do on the streets to provide for my children" is usually scarier than knowing what you have to do at home to keep him from lashing out...

I may have gone slightly off topic. I'll just leave it at that.

That's an easy Google maps search . IMO

Sent from Tapatalk
Unfortunately, my data is being throttled so I can't even access maps. Might be the same for others.

I've wondered how he got out of there also. If he was in a car, not boat, kayak, horse etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the last known photo taken and when the search for the girls began, he had hours to get out of there. He could have walked through the woods in literally any direction. There aren't any reports of any sort of tire tracks in the trees, so it's a safe bet to assume he used his own two foots to walk away from the scene. JMO

My gut tells me he's local.

Everyone is transitioning to this thread so I will repost:

Get me a list of questions together and I will make the trip to Delphi to get them answered. ie: width of bridge, etc. On the condition that I can access it if LE is still blocking it off and the weather holds.

I've been thinking the perp went to the park on foot. Can you check out how easy or difficult that would be? Is there a place within walking distance (a mile, perhaps) where he could park and easily walk to the park without calling too much attention to himself? Side streets, etc? Maybe he parked at a store parking lot or fast food place, for example, where people wouldn't notice his car as out of the ordinary, and then walked to the park.

And/or, is there a residential neighborhood within walking distance of the park where he could park on the street and walk to the park.

If these questions have been answered already, someone let me know (well...I know WSer will be happy to correct me if I'm barking up a wrong tree....love you all).

TIA!

jmo

If you knew somebody as a scrawny teenager, you might not recognize them as a middle-aged dude with a potbelly.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was just giving another theory. I have huge doubts that no one interacts with this guy. JMO.

an steelman moving to new thread mishap.gifclick

Hmmmmmm.....I had a little mishap while moving to a new thread as directed..............I'll be checking in again a little bit later on.

Feel free to refer to me from now on as "bridge guy" if you want.

I know I brought this up in the past but...

Is there any parking on the North side of the bridge other than the cemetery?

Is the Bridge visible from the cemetery?

What about the South side of the bridge..is the only parking along the road?

Is that where hikers park?
There is a small area in front of the trail entrance for 2, maybe 3 cars on 300W.

The parking for the other side begins in town, I believe.

On the trail looking back toward 300W and parking.

843eb876bcf1d667544ac2297ddd686e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was just giving another theory. I have huge doubts that no one interacts with this guy. JMO.

I think plenty of people interact with him. As well as every other generic 50s-ish midwestern man that lives in that town. JMO! There are so many men that match that photo it's like finding a needle in all the haystacks everywhere.

Unfortunately, my data is being throttled so I can't even access maps. Might be the same for others.

Same here or I would have put together a Case Map and included all the data and points of interest and links and everything. I'm scared to even watch news videos or youtubes now. Fast running out of data

Everyone cross your fingers the engineer can find this elusive fault on my line tomorrow morning. I'm going round the bend here >.<

I know I brought this up in the past but...

Is there any parking on the North side of the bridge other than the cemetery?

Is the Bridge visible from the cemetery?

What about the South side of the bridge..is the only parking along the road?

Is that where hikers park?

1. yes. If you go to google maps and put in Monon High Bridge Trail, you will see an entry to the trail. From video we've seen, it looks like there is room for 3 or so cars. IMO, that is where the girls were dropped off. No evidence, it just makes sense to me.

2. Not sure

3. There would be parking, but it is a private drive and I can't see him parking there--too risky.

I think plenty of people interact with him. As well as every other generic 50s-ish midwestern man that lives in that town. JMO! There are so many men that match that photo it's like finding a needle in all the haystacks everywhere.

Yes, exactly my point. A complete loner doesn't seem as likely IMO.

Agreed kittymittons. I would turn in my family too. But the biker angle concerns me as well. Bikers are a pretty close nit "family" and may not turn in their "brothers" :(

Maybe so, but not sure even hardened bikers are okay with killing girls....and leaving the killer free to kill more.

FWIW, I don't see a biker connection.

I do, however, suspect family and friends have an inkling about him but are choosing to live in denial.

JMopinion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member