IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here or I would have put together a Case Map and included all the data and points of interest and links and everything. I'm scared to even watch news videos or youtubes now. Fast running out of data

Everyone cross your fingers the engineer can find this elusive fault on my line tomorrow morning. I'm going round the bend here >.<
THANK YOU! Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

I really hope fast food places, diners and gas stations are plastered with his image. Local or not the man has to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a small area in front of the trail entrance for 2, maybe 3 cars on 300W.

The parking for the other side begins in town, I believe.

On the trail looking back toward 300W and parking.

843eb876bcf1d667544ac2297ddd686e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I knew about the parking area where they were dropped off but was wondering if there was another one or spot to park a car closer to where they were found.

I've been thinking the perp went to the park on foot. Can you check out how easy or difficult that would be? Is there a place within walking distance (a mile, perhaps) where he could park and easily walk to the park without calling too much attention to himself? Side streets, etc? Maybe he parked at a store parking lot or fast food place, for example, where people wouldn't notice his car as out of the ordinary, and then walked to the park.

And/or, is there a residential neighborhood within walking distance of the park where he could park on the street and walk to the park.

If these questions have been answered already, someone let me know (well...I know WSer will be happy to correct me if I'm barking up a wrong tree....love you all).

TIA!

jmo
Yes. You can park in town.

685452374200073d9db73353f8ac9636.jpg

Dephi, Indiana TRAILS MAP - Indianatrails.com

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Or the people who know him are second guessing themselves. Can you imagine the pressure of turning in someone you know? Before everyone jumps on me, I would 100% turn in a family or friend if I knew they were involved in something like this.

But for some people it's not that easy. Not to mention the right tip may have been given, but they have almost 10,000 tips to get through. It takes time.

I agree. It's not so much that people are not willing to turn a suspect in but to actually convince yourself that the person you love is capable. I think IMO this is why the audio was released. If I heard my husband, son, dad's voice I would know in a heart beat. I think this is what LE was hoping for. But again to wrap your mind around it seems to be an awful task. Convincing your heart what your mind knows is pretty difficult.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

IME it's not co-dependant so much as self-preservation... knowing that he will kill you if you turn him in because he will post bail at some point or otherwise get out at some point and he's made it abundantly clear that you will not survive, and perhaps he's also threatened the children. there's not always somewhere to go or someone to help. it's not so easy to just leave and go where? and do what? the worry of "what do I have to do on the streets to provide for my children" is usually scarier than knowing what you have to do at home to keep him from lashing out...

I may have gone slightly off topic. I'll just leave it at that.

I would hope the police would take his hypothetical wife and children to a safe house and provide police protection from him if that were to happen. But I understand the fear she could have. I don't know if he would get bail if he was arrested for this crime.

I agree. It's not so much that people are not willing to turn a suspect in but to actually convince yourself that the person you love is capable. I think IMO this is why the audio was released. If I heard my husband, son, dad's voice I would know in a heart beat. I think this is what LE was hoping for. But again to wrap your mind around it seems to be an awful task. Convincing your heart what your mind knows is pretty difficult.

I think this too. It's not a matter of whether or not they would do it, it's a matter of whether they think they are right or not. It's a risky move. If they are wrong, man can that cause issues. Big issues.

Man I feel some sadness for the person in this position. What a inner battle they're having. Can't imagine. JMO.

Yes, exactly my point. A complete loner doesn't seem as likely IMO.

I have never thought BG is a loner or a recluse, but I certainly could be wrong. I think he probably has a wife or girlfriend and other family. He probably has a job, too. I get sort of a Gary Ridgway/Dennis Rader vibe from this guy. I'm not sure he's as smart as Rader, though.

I was just giving another theory. I have huge doubts that no one interacts with this guy. JMO.

I do too, but interacting with him now or in the past doesn't automatically mean recognizing him in the photos.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I think this too. It's not a matter of whether or not they would do it, it's a matter of whether they think they are right or not. It's a risky move. If they are wrong, man can that cause issues. Big issues.

Man I feel some sadness for the person in this position. What a inner battle they're having. Can't imagine. JMO.

Both of these posts echo my exact thoughts. Someone has a gnawing suspicion of someone they know and they just can't bring themselves to believe their gut instincts because it's too painful and the thought of being wrong is overwhelming. JMO.

Everyone is transitioning to this thread so I will repost:

Get me a list of questions together and I will make the trip to Delphi to get them answered. ie: width of bridge, etc. On the condition that I can access it if LE is still blocking it off and the weather holds.
There are some really great drone vids in our media thread also our member illinoismissing visited and took great shots. And last but not least there is a save the Monon Highbridge FB page that could give many details on height and width of bridge. (See, I just saved you a trip.[emoji5])

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there are other chopper videos of the area besides the RTV6 ? I'm particularly looking for one where crime scene tape is visible (to determine aerial location of the bodies).

This is the WRTV video I keep watching over and over:

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

People have used landmarks in this video with crime scene tape in conjunction with the helicopter footage & other photos to determine the location of the girls

[video=twitter;832259967658889217]https://twitter.com/vanwykwthr/status/832259967658889217[/video]

I have never thought BG is a loner or a recluse, but I certainly could be wrong. I think he probably has a wife or girlfriend and other family. He probably has a job, too. I get sort of a Gary Ridgway/Dennis Rader vibe from this guy. I'm not sure he's as smart as Rader, though.

I keep going back to Rader as well. Rader was so disgustingly arrogant, it makes me angry to think about.

I don't think this guy is as clever as Rader either, although the way he was caught was pretty stupid on his part, IMO. I definitely get the vibe this guy is a family man, just like BTK. Not sure what it is that gives me that feeling. Probably the way he's dressed, like a normal average guy. JMO.

Or the people who know him are second guessing themselves. Can you imagine the pressure of turning in someone you know? Before everyone jumps on me, I would 100% turn in a family or friend if I knew they were involved in something like this.

But for some people it's not that easy. Not to mention the right tip may have been given, but they have almost 10,000 tips to get through. It takes time.

Cannot imagine what I would do if I recognised my son as being BG. I might even kill myself no lie, just to escape the dilemma.

I would hope the police would take his hypothetical wife and children to a safe house and provide police protection from him if that were to happen. But I understand the fear she could have. I don't know if he would get bail if he was arrested for this crime.

Even if a family member didn't feel threatened by who they suspected is the perp, I still think it would be very difficult to make the phone call to LE. If you make that call, your own life will be turned upside down. You will be in the public eye, subject to criticism and worse, possibly lose an income that sustains your family if the perp was a breadwinner, face the fact you are married or are related to a murderer, have to live the next several years with court cases, investigations, pain of what the victims families are going through, etc.

I can understand the preference to live in denial.

But I think someone could be compelled to turn in a family member if they thought there was potential someone else would die. Turning in a family member could save someone's life, and that is very motivating, imo.

jmopinion

Agreed kittymittons. I would turn in my family too. But the biker angle concerns me as well. Bikers are a pretty close nit "family" and may not turn in their "brothers" :(
On that note, <modsnip> over 6500 bikers showed up for the run for Libby and Abby. I so do think they would turn him in. Bikers are close knit, but they are regular guys just like us.

I keep going back to Rader as well. Rader was so disgustingly arrogant, it makes me angry to think about.

I don't think this guy is as clever as Rader either, although the way he was caught was pretty stupid on his part, IMO. I definitely get the vibe this guy is a family man, just like BTK. Not sure what it is that gives me that feeling. Probably the way he's dressed, like a normal average guy. JMO.

Ridgway was a family man, too, and he worked a full time blue collar job. His IQ was low-average, but he had a wife who was in complete denial about him. Even after he was arrested, she stayed in denial for a long time. He also had a son.

Somewhat off topic: I'm going to be out of here for a few days. Will check in but won't have time to read. Can somebody let me know if there is any news?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I've wondered how he got out of there also. If he was in a car, not boat, kayak, horse etc.

I guessed he either walked up the hill to his car parked at the cemetary. Or if he walked east along the creek and parked near that other bridge. The fact that no one saw him leads me to believe he had a plan going in which included his escape. JMO

I read thar during the initial search for the teens, the officers parked at the cemetary. Can anyone confirm? I hope they didnt trample any evidence. I also hope they checked out the bridge west of there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member