IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to the interviews he gives his voice is shaky and slightly breathless. He is a typical 77 year old in declining health. My mom is 74 and worked in an Indiana factory until 3 years ago. She has a voice with some shakiness and slightly out of breath as well.

Regarding the sound/appearance of any of the folks that have been "looked at"...

I grew up in farm country, have lived as an adult in several States but all of them north of the 45th parallel. I have met many people whose age would be impossible to judge from appearance- both older and younger than they seem. A life outdoors, doing manual labor or living with any degree of self-sufficiency, can affect people very differently. Some folks seem to "not age well" and their skin is more easily damaged by sun and weather, their joints wear out quickly from heavy work and rough terrain. Others, however, thrive on the exercise/physical activity, may eat a simpler/homegrown/"whole food" subsistence diet, and depending on genetic background can appear much younger than their years, and/or live independently well in to their 90s or beyond.

I am wondering this as well, I would think the 2014 probation would have already expired.....

This may have already been mentioned. He is a convicted felon. He cannot be in possession of a firearm. Maybe while being cleared as a suspect, LE noticed that he was in possession of a gun. Since his probation had already expired, that is the only thing I could think of.

9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater
• Plea by Agreement

This was a Class D felony in Indiana.

03/10/2017 Notice of Violation of Probation

Arrest warrant requested. Arrest warrant ordered issued with no bond allowed.C:CCSD,State3/10/17

File Stamp:
03/10/2017

He violated his probation by operating a vehicle with suspended license. That was a sentence to follow the 2 Y probation as far as I understand. He won't be released on bond as a felon.

ALL IMO!

Court docs:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qY3dNREV3TnpFeU1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhObUk9In19

-Nin

Hi Nin, so you are saying that the suspended sentence and the suspended license were not simultaneous but consecutive? I thought they were to be applied simultaneously. If not, then it makes sense date-wise as his probation and suspension would have been through in 2016 as GGE said if they were consecutive.

I live in Lafayette and sadly am NOT the winner of that powerball! However, when I heard it was someone here, I had the exact same thought that they would donate some of the winnings to either the reward pool or the fundraisers that are to honor Abby and Libby. It would be awesome!

I very rarely play the lottery (but I did for that drawing), and I've never really allowed myself to daydream about what I might do with the money if I ever won. I'm not much of a dreamer. But ever since I started following this case I know exactly what I would do with it (or at least a part of it). One thing would be to fix up that rickety old bridge (rename it "The Bridge of Angels") and turn the entire area into "Abigail and Liberty Memorial Park" for the community to enjoy, and with patrols and security cameras everywhere. And of course build a softball field. :)

Unfortunately I'm not sure money can help get this monster caught... :(

So assuming the arrest had strategic timing and tactics (outside of old man drunk stuff landing you in jail at worst possible time in life), why? DNA - collection, comparison, family search, etc.? Thoughts?

maybe to keep the news media away from the actual crime scene, just a guess......

This may have already been mentioned. He is a convicted felon. He cannot be in possession of a firearm. Maybe while being cleared as a suspect, LE noticed that he was in possession of a gun. Since his probation had already expired, that is the only thing I could think of.

He was arrested for violation of probation.

The terms of his probation were:

The terms of probation are set forth in the Order on Probation and include the following: waiver of 4th amendment rights against search and seizure; participation in a drug and alcohol program at mental health and substance abuse evaluation; initial probation users fee in the sum of $100 and monthly probation users fee in the sum of $30; $100.00 probation administrative fee; no criminal violations; and no alcohol consumption.

source - https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qY3dNREV3TnpFeU1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhObUk9In19

note - his probation would've expired in October 2016 but clearly that didn't happen since he's just been violated, so something must have happened to extend it but that isn't shown in his record. But it happens. My family member is currently living through the probation violation red-tape and his probation should've ended YEARS ago but little things kept extending it. IT happens.

THE FOLLOWING IS JMO:

also a condition of a conditional discharge of other charges is that you can't get in trouble for a year after you complete your jail or probation time. I saw at the link above that some of his charges were dismissed. JMO perhaps he had a conditional discharge (CD) and has gotten a new unrelated charge, which would violate that CD since it's been within one year, and thereby also violate the terms of his probation despite it technically being over?

Speculation only. and difficult to put into words. My other relative is done with his jail/probation/etc but if he gets in trouble for the first year after release, the judge can re-instate some charges that he dropped ages ago, because he dropped them with a conditional discharge. So I just thought, maybe that happened with RL as well. who knows.

I am surprised to learn that he is 77 years old. He looks much younger to me.

Is there a lawyer or LE in the house? Does that mean his probation rules are for 4 years and not 2? Because his probation should have been completed in 2016 by my math.

There's this:

Probation and parole are both alternatives to incarceration. However, probation occurs prior to and often instead of jail or prison time, while parole is an early release from prison. In both probation and parole, the party is supervised and expected to follow certain rules and guidelines. These guidelines are called conditions of parole, or probation conditions, and in both circumstances, the party is expected to submit to warrantless searches, without probable cause.

Please listen to voice interviews given BEFORE the fact that they had "down the hill" was released.

I am so confused. At this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/4yNdRfD23p0
There is this video (2:46 long), captioned: "13WTHR News Developing Story, "Delphi Girls Murdered"
Owner of Property where girls were found speaks out
At 0:18 - Reporter David MacAnally segues into interview with property owner: who speaks beginning at 0:29.

Then, at 1:02 - somebody else is speaking. Who is it? He has blaze orange peeking out from his jacket. He has a different hat on. He has a goatee. Property owner does not have goatee, and is dressed differently (with no blaze orange apparel being worn under his outer jacket). Both have glasses. And, it is not Libby's grandfather either.

I do not know what to make of it.

With a felony conviction, would his DNA already be in a database?

(I apologize if this has already been discussed. I'm trying very hard to catch up.)

Mr. Logan is not the murderer. We don't need to sleuth him. Time to move on. I'm really starting to feel sorry for this man.

I was wondering how someone could find out in advance when Delphi schools would be closed. The school calendar is posted online. Easy to get info. Sorry if this has been discussed - I'm new.

I just can't imagine it is him. I really hope it is not. I mean, it would be great to catch the guy, but this will just be overly shocking and crushing for the community.

Mr. Logan is not the murderer. We don't need to sleuth him. Time to move on. I'm really starting to feel sorry for this man.

Yeah. We don't know who the murderer is, or is not. But, I feel like the timing is just really bad for him and not related. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte