IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a cache under the bridge. There has been speculation that the girls were into it but nothing in msm, so "rumor." This topic was not up for discussion for the last several threads but with the logo being allowed, I'm wondering if information like this can be discussed so long as it does not lead to sleuthing random individuals? I'm a bit confused and hope I haven't said too much already to violate rules that were set previously about this topic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not sure how I missed geocache being an off limits topic, but I for sure don't want to run afoul of the rules. I better return to newbie lurk mode before I get myself into trouble.

I expect that we can discuss the logo itself and leave the sleuthing individuals out of it....such as not searching FB pages looking for someone wearing the logo. At least that makes sense to me. :) So, for the record I'll say that I'm not seeing what Nin is seeing, but there was a LOT I didn't see...the poodle, the bicycle under the bridge to name two of many images that didn't click for me. But if the images Nin has posted are what is needed for someone to make a connection to someone they know who fits the description, that's what matters.
I don't see it either to me it looks like an apple or the Harley Davidson logo IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I will probably be the one given the time out for this......everyone, please go to beginning of the thread and read the rules the moderators have put in place. It is very clear what we can or cannot write about. I imagine the entire thread might get shut down very soon if the discussion continues to go in the direction it seems to be.

Not sure how I missed geocache being an off limits topic, but I for sure don't want to run afoul of the rules. I better return to newbie lurk mode before I get myself into trouble.
It seems discussion around the logo is allowed. Stay and join in! Welcome :)

We will know something tomorrow. Surely, LE will make a statement, even if via twitter, that the most recent arrest is not connected to the murders and that the person arrested is NOT a suspect and every one needs to stop speculating and spreading rumors.

OR

Not.

They owe us nothing.

BG chose RL's property because he was comfortable there and knew he would have complete privacy. Typical of sexual predators as they take their victim(s) to some place which is out of view of any potential witnesses.

His clothes are too big for him. I do not think these are BG's clothes. The jacket doesn't fit in the arms, the sleeves are all bunched up, it is too big in girth, the pants are too long by inches. These are the clothes of a man at least 3 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier. JMHO

If you shop thrift/second-hand stores, wear donated/charity or hand-me-down clothing, or only have one store in your town (think a dollar store, bargain "feed & seed"-type store, etc.) sometimes you wear what you can get. Or, if someone has lost a lot of weight, they might not have the money to replace their clothing. I see it around me a lot. Just sayin' :discuss:

I think all these image enhancements create a sort of rorschach test. I'm just not seeing the logos, and I personally don't think geostuff has anything to do with this crime. JMHO

But, opinions are like armpits...

Don't go. Geocaching became off limits only because people started coming up with names of geocachers as potential matches for the suspect.

Stick with the logo and you'll be fine! Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I will probably be the one given the time out for this......everyone, please go to beginning of the thread and read the rules the moderators have put in place. It is very clear what we can or cannot write about. I imagine the entire thread might get shut down very soon if the discussion continues to go in the direction it seems to be.
I think where it gets confusing is when rules change or adapt. Not trying to be difficult by any means but previously we were instructed the entire topic of geocaching was off limits, period. Nin recently received permission to discuss the logo, which is what I understand we should do before discussing something that may be not allowed. So, the rule seems to have adapted, presumably just to include discussion of the logo and still nothing else regarding geocaching. Some clarification may be needed to ensure we stay on track. JMO.

ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT post photos of random individuals in a side by side fashion to compare with unidentified suspect. You may be sleuthing someone ten ways to Sunday but do NOT post about it here. Until there is a named suspect to sleuth it is against TOS.

If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Posts that are outside the rules are subject to removal without warning or explanation. Members who continue to post against the rules are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Please continue discussing while being mindful of the rules which can always be found linked in my signature.

:bump:

BBM

I don't see that the geocache discussion ban has been repeated since it was instituted, hence the confusion for newcomers. Those of us who were here when the thread got shut down know about it, and we mention it. If I'm mistaken, please point it out. :)

Do you think the FBI, ISP, CC Sheriff and other agencies involved have considered the geo caching possibility? Maybe that's the "twist."

I hope so. I know I sent them links, names and my thoughts on the matter a week or so ago.

In earlier threads G.......... is banned. But I thank the first one who posted the screenshot of that webpage. Like said many times before their activities on that website is grand open to public, anybody can see it, you don't need to be a subscriber to know where they went G.., and therefore predict their next target G site. Some peep(s) took advantage of it and the tragedy happens. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I'm new to WS, I joined specifically because of this case. I'm originally from NE Indiana, I'm familiar with Carroll Co., I've been through Delphi, I've been on the Monon trail (not that section, though), so even though I now live and work on the other side of the planet, news of this crime really hit me. I could easily imagine myself at that age walking down those trails, or my nephews now doing the same.... <chills>

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about the pics of BG. I'm an artist so I did some sketches based on what I can interpret. I'm NOT posting those sketches, as it's obviously just speculation and I don't want them taken out of context. My first instinct was that he was a big guy, stocky, but after looking a little closer and thinking about it, I think his face may be more lean. In the photos released by LE, his head is tilted down, we only see his face at an angle, this would make his cheeks and nose appear broader than they would if we saw him head on. Also we may get the impression of a wider or double chin if his chin is pressed down on the fabric of his jacket/hoodie. It would be helpful if LE would release an estimate on his height. Surely based on the context of the photos (how far apart the rail ties are, for one) a good approximation can be made on how tall he is.

I have to say it's been difficult to keep up with the conversation here, just when I think I've gotten to the end of current discussion, I find an entire new thread has opened!

Here's hoping this SOB is nabbed soon.

:welcome: to Websleuths Racerska!

One month tomorrow. Pray for the families, their suffering is unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname