IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;841756901310402562]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/841756901310402562[/video]

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏@ISPPeru 2m
2 minutes ago

No one has been arrested for the murders of Libby and Abby. When we do make an arrest it will be announced by law enforcement #delphigirls

By the way, the tweet I just posted from Sgt. Slocum was in reply to someone asking if it was true that RL had been arrested. I didn't want to post the original question from some random person.

SL: Sure. Yeah. Yeah. Uhhmm that was the same obvious concept or thought process we had as well because um, you know, as I've (stumbles on words and says Excuse me) shared with other outlets, that we've had our share of, even double homicides, but they were elderly folks back in the 90s and it turned out to be, um, unfortunately, grandchildren involved in their deaths, and uh, so yeah, we were able to catch those pretty quick, but uh, umm, this one's just, it's, it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen.

Regarding the twist. Many if not most seem to think the twist is that the victim captured the killer's picture and voice recording on her cell phone. But, when he is talking about a twist above, he's implying that that's WHY it's so difficult to solve. The picture and voice recording are (or hopefully will be) an incredible HELP to the investigation, so I don't think he's referring to that as the twist that makes this case so hard to solve.

So IMO he chose the wrong word, OR there is really something very unusual about this crime that makes it much more complicated than when taken at face value.

This. I can't quote it but LE also stated this case was complicated and confusing also.

Been lurking for a while, absorbing info.

Does anyone know if the original Snapchat images are archived somewhere?

There are many different versions (file format, size etc) from news articles, each having different compression artifacts that can be mis-interpereted.

I was hoping to analyze the closest thing to the original Snapchat images as possible. I have seen two versions of Liberty on the bridge photo that seem to be screenshotted by two different Snapchat users.
Thanks.

Hi, welcome,
I'm really interested in what you are saying because I keep thinking I'm going mad with what I'm seeing in some images.
Can you please explain more on "compression artefacts" in laymans terms to a complete novice.
Thank you

Does anyone know how to look up "free of charge" the owner of a home? lets just say maybe in the Burnettsville or Delphi, IN area? There are two homes which are up for sale within the last 20 - 28 days and I was curious as to why?

Forgive me if I'm repeating what someone else has said, this thread moves so quickly.

All MOO and speculation of course.

IF we are to believe the FB post from a journalist saying that he/she saw clothes in the creek, it means that this must be the case. If their clothes were in the creek it's likely that the phone was in a pocket (in order for it to have recorded 'the stuff of nightmares') and was probably removed along with clothing. So it probably went into the creek as well. Being submerged usually destroys a phone, so I'm guess that IF is is the case, the video was recovered from the cloud it was synced with another device.

IMO.

Submerged rarely destroys a phone these days. Plus if it was android so many back up to a micro SD card and so many are waterproof.

Thing is though the phone was on body as daily beast said or phone was in clothes pockets underwater or photos taken from iCloud it doesn't really change anything.

We we have the pics we have. And no suspect charged.

Assuming BG had a vehicle nearby, do you think he planned to get them to the vehicle, under restraint, so he could take them to another, more private location? If so, perhaps one of the girls resisted en route to the vehicle and those plans suddenly had to be abandoned. BG may have quickly killed one girl and then caught and killed the second. Then he got out of there ASAP.
That is an excellent theory! Had not occurred to me.

JMO

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏ @ISPPeru 2m2 minutes ago

Sgt. Tony Slocum Retweeted

Understood. If every rumor was true there would be a 1000 people n jail 4 the Delphi Murders. We don't have resources 2address every rumor.

[video=twitter;841759182487461889]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/841759182487461889[/video]

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏@ISPPeru 2m
2 minutes ago

Understood. If every rumor was true there would be a 1000 people n jail 4 the Delphi Murders. We don't have resources 2address every rumor.

OT but the snow where I am is nearly 30 inches deep. There's no way to get out. I hope everyone is staying safe and warm and doesn't lose electricity, who is in the way of this massive nor'easter.
OMG. Hope you have everything you need. My folks are in Ulster county and I think they're up to like 24 inches. I'm in Long island and dodged that bullet. 6 inches now sleet, rain and ice. Ugh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Slocum's second tweet above was in reply to the same person saying she lives in Delphi and is tired of the small town rumors.

I do not read horror novels or watch horror movies nor do I watch any crime shows. I am a mom and a former educator. I am realistic in believing that you and I live in a world full of beautiful human beings as well as those who are a real life horror story. This BG is one of MANY who live amongst us.

This man isn't wearing those clothes anymore, you may have passed him in the grocery store today. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? What are you looking at when you are in public? A blue coat? Don't bother... Look at his body type, listen for that voice. This was not a revenge killing, a meet up from the Internet, this was the work of a killer/possible rapist, predator, NORMAL LOOKING PERSON... To believe otherwise is calming your own nerves about this. Our society (because our faces are focused inward on a piece of technology) is making it easier for people to walk around without being noticed. LETS START NOTICING. DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR CALLING IN A TIP. Try to have a plate number or something on the person like a car type specific area, etc.. And spread the word. He could very well live in your town....... These are all my strong opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't keep up with this thread enough to debate any issues; I can barely keep up enough to post once in a while. Because of that, I'm just going to state my opinions on things that have been discussed/debated, and people can take them or leave them.

On the recording, I only hear the sound of footsteps in leaves and the words "Down the hill.)" I can't figure out how anyone can hear anything over that sound, but maybe my hearing is going too.

I've always assumed that the "twist" he was talking about was that this was a double homicide which appears to be done by someone with no connection to either victim. I just understood him to mean that because he said it right after talking about the other double homicide in the area being committed by family members.

I believe LE has Libby's phone, or I think they'd word their statements differently. If they don't have the phone, BG probably does have it. I really doubt that they'd expect him to believe they had it if he did.

I do think it's important to try to figure out how things happened because it could help to determine what kind of person he is (or they are.) To me, that's more important than what clothes he was wearing last month, etc.

I guess that's enough for now.

I have had one of those hindsight is 20/20 thoughts. Perhaps LE should have kept a lid on the photo for say a week right? Then planned a community vigil. If this dude was local-ish I bet he would have shown up. Wouldn't THAT have been something?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏ @ISPPeru 2m2 minutes ago

Sgt. Tony Slocum Retweeted

I'd settle for one person in jail. That would end the rumors.

Sgt. Slocum should be working on the next release of information to the public regarding suspect.

I have had one of those hindsight is 20/20 thoughts. Perhaps LE should have kept a lid on the photo for say a week right? Then planned a community vigil. If this dude was local-ish I bet he would have shown up. Wouldn't THAT have been something? Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Personally, I think this crime was so horrific that they wanted him identified immediately. I think the 6,000 billboards also speaks to that. MY OPINION ONLY

:stop:

Read Post #4 of this thread. Posts have just been removed.

The patience is at an end. I don't care if it is someone's very first post ever at Websleuths, if I see one more reference to local rumor consisting of I heard it from a friend or friend of friend or the butcher or the baker or the candlestick maker - the person who posts it is losing their posting privileges.

You know I was thinking the other day about somebody identifying BG off of his voice, Have you ever listened to the difference btwn someones voice in person and on a recording. I know I probably couldn't identify my wifes voice on a recording unless I knew it was her ahead of time. I'm not sure I have ever heard her voice recorded before. Just one of those things that I think would be hard to distinguish especially with only three words to do so from. just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member