IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this photo again, t appears to me that Abby is standing right of the area they were found. If i am seeing the bridhe correctly the arear they found is down the left of her just out of sight of the bridge. Wonder if that area was a place the girls went to often? Jmo

Elley Mae, I think you are onto something. It does appear at first look that this is close to where the girls were found. See, this is why I am not that good of a sleuther - I only noticed that it was the bridge in the background but did not connect any dots, doh!

I don't get it... Why are you guys even discussing this?

I asked because I notice the hook was not in the mouth and I wanted someone with better photo skills than myself to look at it. I said in my post I could just be seeing things. It was just a question.

MOO

Thank you for this. I thought it odd the hook was out of the mouth. That is why I asked for someone with better photo skills than myself. That makes sense.

MOO

When I look at the pic when it is blown up I can clearly see the entire hook... there is nothing on that hook... also looked a the picture as a whole.... why does Abby not look even the slightest bit happy to have caught that fish? Ironic that she would be killed just a short distance from where this picture is taken.... Yes a lot about this seems off.... IMO

Several of us re-posted that article (because it was so amazing!), but I believe the first to bring it to this forum was Wondergirl. It is an emotional story. Lots of parallels to this case. Heartbreaking.

In addition to re-posting that article, I re-posted a podcast by Jerri Williams, an ex FBI agent turned crime writer. It's an interview Eddie Freyer, the head FBI agent in charge of Polly Klaas abduction murder. (I'm sorry, but I don't recall who posted the reference to the podcasts.)

Polly Klaas age 12 was abducted from her California home on Oct. 1, 1993. Her assailant was not apprehended until 6 months later after an exhaustive, highly publicized investigation. He led authorities to her body after the arrest. Huge media coverage. Large reward. Massive amount of tips called in. (Sound familiar?) He was convicted of the crime and is still on death row in California, going through appeals.

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-h783z-2235b85
http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-bzxrx-2256958

This is a 2-part report, each podcast runs about 1.25 hrs. Very interesting. Very detailed info about the investigation. I think the emotions of the LEO's as described by FBI agent Freyer during this investigation probably are very similar to what LE is experiencing here now. I highly recommend giving this a listen.

Wondergirl is amazingly helpful and informative. This isn't the first time she has presented top-notch information on these threads. Won't be the last time either !

Thanks Wondergirl !!

I miss Maine :tears:

Me too, I spent 25 years there and still have a daughter, granddaughter and son in law there so I still visit. (CA weather is easier on my old bones though)

Me too, I spent 25 years there and still have a daughter, granddaughter and son in law there so I still visit. (CA weather is easier on my old bones though)

Military brat. Lived there many moons ago. Loved the winters but I was a kid so who didn't at that age. LOL
Beautiful place.

Has anyone figured out where the fishing pic location is in relation to where the girls were found? Same side of creek?

I'm interested in the pic because it demonstrates how well at least one girl knew the area. She would have known the depth and currents in the creek. MOO

I think BG is aggressively coming for them, at least for Abby (because I do think that's the edge of her hoodie left in the first photo). His leg is lifted the way it would be if he were running, not walking. And I think his hand is drawn back to pull a weapon (a knife or gun - even though he has one under his jacket that doesn't mean he couldn't have another on his hip), and I think all this action on that bridge is why Libby was able to record him without him knowing.

I agree, since I've tried to reproduce the phone (camera), bridge, and BG in a 3D CAD environment and the only way I can get the correct angle of bridge surfaces (edges and the cross-beams) is for the camera to be slightly at the edge of one of the wooden overhangs or even off in the bushes away from bridge. In other words, there doesn't seem to be a position on the normal part of the bridge that would result in how the bridge lines appear in the 2 BG images

Has anyone figured out where the fishing pic location is in relation to where the girls were found? Same side of creek?

I'm interested in the pic because it demonstrates how well at least one girl knew the area. She would have known the depth and currents in the creek. MOO

I would also wonder if they are on private property right there or is that part of the public property.... If private who gave them permission... maybe who ever lived along that part of the creek new Abby.

When I look at the pic when it is blown up I can clearly see the entire hook... there is nothing on that hook... also looked a the picture as a whole.... why does Abby not look even the slightest bit happy to have caught that fish? Ironic that she would be killed just a short distance from where this picture is taken.... Yes a lot about this seems off.... IMO

It is definitely interesting that it appears to be very near to where the bodies were found.

I think the fish is just in the process of falling off the hook.

I asked because I notice the hook was not in the mouth and I wanted someone with better photo skills than myself to look at it. I said in my post I could just be seeing things. It was just a question.

MOO

IMO....Because you often hook them in the mouth peripherally which is often thin and white, or relatively translucent which can be blurred out in an image I suspect. She's probably not smiling because If you fish enough, catching one one is nice but not necessarily a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the direction of the stream flow is consistent with placing of the picture, near where they were found.

I actually see the fish on the hook...
There are many reasons why she might not look as "happy" as one would expect: she had an itch or a sneeze coming on right before the shot was taken, the photo was taken right after someone told a terrible joke, she wasn't feeling well that day, three photos were taken in a row and the other two were fine but this one was the one that got posted for whatever reason, she'd taken a bunch of pictures in a row and was tired of posing because the fish kept falling off the hook, etc.

Has LE said that this picture is connected with that day in any way?

IMO....Because you often hook them in the mouth peripherally which is often thin and white, or relatively translucent which can be blurred out in an image I suspect. She's probably not smiling because If you fish enough, catching one one is nice but not necessarily a big deal.

if its nice but not a big deal why take the pic

I'm sure this was discussed way back at the beginning of this case but thought that I'd bring it up for discussion.

"According to police and family members, the girls phones pinged in multiple locations but were shut off shortly after they were reported missing."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

Libby's phone didn't go dead until approximately the same time as the search for the girls began on Feb 13th at 5:30 PM.

This to me sounds as if the perp still had Libby's phone (maybe Abby's too) and was perhaps listening to a scanner and KNEW it was time to ditch her (their) phones. Either that or it's a BIG coincidence that her phone went dead just as they start a formal search.

What if the perp (s) were trying to break into the phones to erase the A/V? It all got too close for comfort and they had to ditch the phones? Maybe a parent/Grandparent had a "find my phone" feature to locate a "lost" phone?

Curious that a search warrant was issued for a property shortly there after. Just throwing idea out there.

I like the way you think...I think police were searching for phone...

I actually see the fish on the hook...
There are many reasons why she might not look as "happy" as one would expect: she had an itch or a sneeze coming on right before the shot was taken, the photo was taken right after someone told a terrible joke, she wasn't feeling well that day, three photos were taken in a row and the other two were fine but this one was the one that got posted for whatever reason, she'd taken a bunch of pictures in a row and was tired of posing because the fish kept falling off the hook, etc.

Has LE said that this picture is connected with that day in any way?

The picture was taken before the crime but is in the same general area that the girls bodies were found. Has the LE stated the picture is connected... no but it doesn't take much thought to see that at least Abby had a connection to the area where they were found. Also I enjoyed all of your ideas on why shes not smiling perhaps you are right. IMO this picture is worth taken another look at.

No. All posts here become property of websleuths as per their rules and terms of service. (And even if that were not the case, all posts one makes in forums like this, as well as in blogs, on their own website, etc retain their own intellectual copyright, and do NOT become "pubilic domain" no matter what anyone wants to think - they can speak to a copyright lawyer. (I've had issues with things like this before in varying degrees.) )

I'd alert a moderator with specifics if it were me, particularly since some bloggers have ads on their sites which means they're generating revenue with content that is stolen from here. That's a big no-no.

Thank you, I have sent them a message. It is now in their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname