IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that won't go outside at night since this? Am I the only one that jumps at every bump in the night?

Take my gun with me even to walk the dog to the corner at night. It's 20 feet from my house. I was a scaredy cat before and hypervigilant now. Especially after accidentally following a weirdo I was sleuthing on Facebook one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently been thinking the same thing. And when he walked by the girls' the first time he may have made a strange comment or been acting strangely (like talking to himself). Something like that which put at least, Libby, on edge and made her feel uncomfortable enough that when she saw him again, this time walking toward them on the bridge she decided to capture him on video. She was probably going to tell her grandfather or other family members about this guy.

I can't find a link. But iirc, LE made a statement about the initial contact and things escalated quickly. Paraphrasing.

I will be greatly in debt to the poster who can find and post this article. :)

Sorry haven't been able to check today until now. Are we saying that fishing pic is at Deer Creek? I thought there was a post last thread pretty clearly showing that pic was a different river. Was that discredited?

No, you aren't the only one. Last night when I couldn't sleep my 2 dogs decided at different times to bug me to go out.. They never bother us while we are sleeping. I was never so scared in my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not quite the way I meant it, and I would really hope that's not what they were doing. What I meant was that if they had 7 men whose alibis didn't check out, and 4 of them admitted to illegal reasons for lying, that would leave them just 3 to concentrate on (if they're fairly sure that one or more of them is guilty.

Perhaps,sometimes, the simplest reason for lying is they thought they had nothing to do with it, never will be investigated, or caught in a lie.

E.g. Someone with a suspended driver's license said " Joe picked me up and I went out to Bill's house for the evening and I was not home".. when he actually drove to Bill's house on a suspended license.. it could be as simple as that?

( making up names here)

Sorry haven't been able to check today until now. Are we saying that fishing pic is at Deer Creek? I thought there was a post last thread pretty clearly showing that pic was a different river. Was that discredited?

We don't know for certain at this point, I think websights map is about as close as we can come to placing her there IMO

No. It has not been determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Deer Creek. It could be the Wabash River. It could have been taken in another state. That's what I've been trying to figure out. A couple other sleuthers have done way more searching than I have and from what I've read, they can't say for certain where it is either.

I've been a member for several years and followed many, many cases. I jumped at every noise after following the Boston Marathon bombings and listening to the police scanner of LE surrounding the suspect, but I've never had to step away for the sake of my own mental health. Grief might have something to do with it yeah, but I had to give myself a voluntary TO, because I had a doozie of a panic attack last week and had high anxiety ever since. That is how intense this case is. MOO

Oh, I am sorry, I wondered where you'd gone. But if a seasoned veteran like you is finding this one hard, then I consider myself in good company.

I am very anxious as well. I am finding that I am jittery, internally I feel shaky, and I can't account for it except for this case. Nights are the worst as I am often on late as we are so far ahead time-wise. I took a couple of nights off and felt better for it but, of course, I have to come back - I feel compelled to see this through.

Thank you for looking that up, even though it doesn't solve the mystery...

Can anyone determine if Abby is fishing upstream or downstream from whichever bridge this is?

Also, since the girls were found on RL's private property, and LE had to ask permission to search there, what is the likelihood that Abby was fishing on his private property?

Just my thoughts.
From the looks of the water behind her and to the right, she is upstream imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that won't go outside at night since this? Am I the only one that jumps at every bump in the night?

I will never ever drop my kids to walk a trail. Even in a normally busy, close to town trail. For a working day, I have to drag my hubby to go with us. I also told my kids to fight at the very spot if anything happens to them, never let anybody move them.

can someone produce a link for the fishing picture? If not it is off limits and will need removed. Thanks

I'm still bothered by the grainy image of the POI on the bridge so I found pictures online of people walking across the bridge and how clear their pictures are. And also for distance, clarity of a picture being taken from different distances and angles. Here is some that I found View attachment 112924View attachment 112925View attachment 112926View attachment 112927View attachment 112928
Without know what kind of camera was used, it will be difficult to determine comparative distances imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Could be a fake mustache for all we know.

IMO, that lines up with a pro, or semi pro attack on them. I think this was a hit. I wouldn't be surprised if he was disguising himself. I also have an idea about his ethnicity, not being entirely caucasian; but won't discuss that for love, nor money. The T&C limit me from discussing why. Please don't PM me. I don't belong to any chat groups, nor do I use SM for sleuthing; just my own thoughts and observations.

This may very well be what the LE is in fact doing.... IMO getting our hopes up and the families hopes up and using this case to "clean up" their community is IMO in bad taste.. not bashing LE but this particular aspect of the investigation I am not pleased with. If this is in fact what they are doing....
And they are wasting resources and energy going after all of these collateral cases right now IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

And they are wasting resources and energy going after all of these collateral cases right now IMO.

l personally don't consider it "going after." I think they are taking care of business as they come across it. They are the law and if they find anyone who has done anything unlawful, they are going to handle it as they should.

Sigh, it does indeed make sense. What wouldn't make sense, it appears, is why there would need to be power lines go across the creek when clearly the houses have lines coming from each side, branching out to the houses *advertiser censored* the creek. There is no need to cross over. I don't know, it is the one piece of the puzzle I cannot make work. Maybe it is somewhere else? Can I sigh again?

One thing i can tell you is that it is rare for power lines to cross over RR tracks. Just a thought, i used to live on RR bed about 75 feet from front door Amtrak, fun when company was over and one went by. :)

I have a question, has anyone who visited the bridge and did amazing work scaling things make an educated guess on how tall BG is? I was wondering if they checked the photo against the trees.... Etc... Please let me know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still bothered by the grainy image of the POI on the bridge so I found pictures online of people walking across the bridge and how clear their pictures are. And also for distance, clarity of a picture being taken from different distances and angles. Here is some that I found View attachment 112924View attachment 112925View attachment 112926View attachment 112927View attachment 112928
My phone takes better quality pix than my beloved dsr 35mm... However, still shots from my phone's video under certain circumstances and settings is pretty bad. Remember, they aren't photos they are video captures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member