IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a lot of weight. A HUGE 25y/o would be able to lift 400, maybe. Unless your father is a championship body builder, this is not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit - wait cindersoot said her father BENCH PRESSES 500? yeah, no, lol. not bench pressing he doesn't. I'm betting she meant "deadlift" which IMO is all BG would've had to do here anyway. No need to lift them over his head, which is what bench pressing is.

OK. I'm still trying to get the hang of this, so bear with me...

I have asked whose trucks these are. I "know" that the larger newer Ford is the one pictured on the flat-bed tow.

I have always lived in "pickup" (truck) country. my experience is,

1. lots of folks have smaller trucks like the one that has been described here as the "LE utility." Including the toppers on the back. I myself have owned one, as a single female. They are incredibly useful for many things, and are common where I live, both one the road for personal use, and as "on private land" vehicles that never get on a public road or "go to town." and, they are less expensive than...

2. the larger newer Ford on the tow truck does not strike me as one likely to be owned by a retiree. Nothing absolute; I know nothing of RL's finances, obviously, and am trying to be careful not to make assumptions. But given that about 80% of the vehicles on the road around me on any given day are pickups, my observation is that "work trucks" as we call them- trucks driven by working-age men who use them in their business (think contractors, loggers, large-operation farmers, etc.) both need the capacity and power such a truck provides, and have both the finances and sometimes ego to max out their purchasing capacity when vehicle shopping. Retirees are more likely to drive something that is cheaper to insure, easier to park, and more fuel-efficient.

So, while the smaller truck may be LE (do we know for sure? evidence?), I can also see it being RL's. Even if his license is suspended, where I live we can drive motorized vehicles on our own property without a license. (I started driving when I was 9 yrs old.) And if a neighbor or friend is at RL's land to take care of animals or check on heaters/pumps etc. that would explain it moving around from time to time. (Who was it that was seen getting out of it to talk to LE?)

Which actually leads me to my question- whose truck was towed away? I can imagine any number of scenarios where a vehicle and the land it was parked on were owned by two different individuals.

Did I take waaay too many words to explain myself and ask my question?

To try to put the truck debate to rest
This news video does say its his truck. If they are right then they are showing it close up being hauled off.

[video=youtube;I_B9tdkBKa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B9tdkBKa8[/video]

RL has never been my suspect and still it's hard for me to wrap my head around him being the killer. Some think he is just to elderly to do such a thing. He looks pretty fit to me, my father is 78 and still bench presses over 500lbs.

Agree that he is too elderly.
Also, inthe side by side photo of BG and RL the difference I see is:
BG seems to have short legs/long torso, whereas RL has the opposite...short torso with long legs.

If RL is BG then it means that LE does not have DNA. There is no way more than a month has gone by without testing this man and testing any evidence left behind at the crime scene. I just don't believe they would work that slow considering all the agencies involved.

Absolutely wrong. And here I am coming off as a know it all again but I can't help that this case somehow touches on a lot of facets of my own life that I happen to know about. But yeah my husband did bodybuilding for YEARS and our oldest son took after him for a long time. That is so not outside the realm of possibility for someone who is simply serious about weight lifting. They do not have to be a championship anything. Now, would a regular old 80 year old guy be able to do it? well no.

But that's just false the way you put it.

A GIRL at a local high school just set the world record for her age group (14-17 year olds I believe it was)
she did a 330 pound squat, a 115 pound bench press, and a 380 pound dead lift.

http://www.wicz.com/story/33344917/local-student-sets-deadlift-world-record

SO yeah for a girl in high school, deadlifting 380 is a world record.

Not so much for a regular grown man.

But probably too much for an 80 year old with COPD, sure. I agree there.

A 500 pound deadlift isn't much. A 500 pound bench press, i would venture, is impossible for a man 65+, or at best yet to be accomplished.

<mod snip>

I agree. Besides, HE's NOT IT! (IMO; moo-ooo-ooo)! (Bad enough that his whole life will be now be an open book.)

I agree he is not the guy.
But I do think it's somone that knows his property and used it that day.

Unable to catch up here. Can anyone explain to me...regarding RL possibly being BG... how his mustache is very dark in colour in the photo's of BG yet RL's is obviously white? Did RL wake up that morning and decide to wear his brown mustache? ;)

I don't recall LE saying that the victims were trespassing. I thought this was a public park. So I'm not understanding why we are talking about RL possibly being upset about trespassing.
If upset about trespassing that would seem out of character for someone who has lived there for 53 years and has no record of yelling, intimidating, or complaining about trespassing to our knowledge. Unless someone can link to something I haven't heard or seen as related to this topic. JMO

I've been struggling with this since yesterday when I looked at pics side by side. I did not want to see it. But here goes. IMO, there is a close match here. And it's the way he "carries" himself as much as anything else.

I don't want to be the naysayer here, and especially as GGE has been so helpful to me, but if you have to invert a photo to make RL and BG line up then how is that a match? I agree that on the surface this is a wow moment but then I stop and remember that the left arm you see looking longer and straighter on RL is the opposite arm for BG (his photo has been inverted), same with the right arm higher up and bent more at the elbow.

I would like to propose this and bear with me:

I am left handed and therefore carry things in my left pocket jacket (gloves, phone, etc.) which fills a portion of the jacket pocket up.

If I put my hands in my pockets, the left hand necessarily would not be able to fit the full depth of the pocket. So my left arm would be bent at the elbow and higher up.

My right arm would be extended straighter because it has the full depth of the pocket in which to extend.

If my husband does the same, his right arm would be bent and his left arm straighter as he carries things in his right pocket (right handed).

If you inverted his photo, we would not line up obviously but the arm configuration would match.

Just my analysis. Feel free lob your cannon balls!

I also think its a good sign that RL via his lawyer has made a statement that he encourages the public to continue to report tips to the hotline. I lean towards the theory the RL is innocent but someone utilized his property for the crime. I felt differently yesterday but I've changed my mind. JMO

If RL is BG then it means that LE does not have DNA. There is no way more than a month has gone by without testing this man and testing any evidence left behind at the crime scene. I just don't believe they would work that slow considering all the agencies involved.

Initially I would have believed you but now knowing that they didn't follow up on RL's alibi to see if it checked out until last week I'm not so sure. Perhaps they were so sure that it was going to be a RSO that they didn't see a point in checking out his alibi which seems sloppy to me.

Just a thought on RL. In a small town wouldn't the person who saw BG recognize if it was RL? I guess it would depend upon the distance. I figured that's why they were looking across the country. I believe BG used RL's property, hence the SW.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.com/news/2017/02/liberty-libby-german-abigail-abby-williams-delphi-indiana-girls-dead-missing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

Initially I would have believed you but now knowing that they didn't follow up on RL's alibi to see if it checked out until last week I'm not so sure. Perhaps they were so sure that it was going to be a RSO that they didn't see a point in checking out his alibi which seems sloppy to me.

True. I guess time will tell.

(edit - this is long, please bear with me and have an open mind) -

alright well i finished catching up and for sure nobody has posted what I find so compelling about the images of BG and RL.

I have told myself all along that I don't think they're the same person. I think RL looks fatter/stockier up in his upper rib cage.

But here's the thing... is anyone here familiar with moderator Carl's work in the UID (unidentified) forum? The way he overlays faces and finds points that line up and match, and subsequently has come up with actual matches based on images that some people might not necessarily think are the same person?

See, that's what happened here for me. I sent the pics of BG and RL to a friend of mine who is a professional 3D videographer and photoshop expert, and all around perfectionist. He knows nothing about the case and has no preconceived notions, nor did he know or care who the people were. He just knew I wondered whether he felt it was possible they were the same person (because I was sure they were NOT).

His conclusions shocked me. All he had to do was flip BG's photos, put them side by side scaled the same, and then he explained to me that too many points align for him to be willing to say it's NOT the same person, and in fact the arms. THE ARMS.

look at the arms.

That is an unusual and unique feature of his overall gait, the way he holds his arms and his elbows. One is always up higher than the other, one side pointed out at an angle and the other lower and more curved.

attachment.php

The waist falls at the same place. the knees are located the same distance from feet and waist. There's even the same shadow/hanging thing (pocket, fanny pack, whatever) appearing there. He asserts that to him the face matches. He said to me "its' even the same camoflauge hat" to which I replied "FOR THE LOVE OF G-d, ITS A HOODIE" and he said "are you sure?" and I said "well, no" and he said "look again".

This is his set of images he sent back to me. I asked him to watermark them, to make an account here, to post them himself, and he gave me full permission to take ownership of his photo manipulation and submit it as my own, and transferred copyright of his intellectual work as such to me.

So here's our/my photo. See what you all think. Keep in mind that I went into this convinced it wasn't RL. Now I can't unsee the matching stuff, in particular those arms/elbows. (and as an aside, check out Carl's great work in the UID forum sometime if you haven't yet!)

[photo manipulation is -based on- the side by side comparison posted earlier in this thread, and I will edit in the original poster's name as soon as I find it, unless someone recalls who it was offhand, thanks!]

GGE, thank you for having your friend do this, it's great food for thought. In fact I'm stuck on it at the moment, but a question since I understand nothing about videography and photoshopping, etc. Do you know why he "flipped" the photo? And, what does it really mean? When I think of flipping, it seems like it would mean looking at BG from behind, at his back ? Does that make sense, no doubt I'm most likely confused, so would appreciate if you or someone else could help me to understand how this works and set me straight. :) TIA

RL has never been my suspect and still it's hard for me to wrap my head around him being the killer. Some think he is just to elderly to do such a thing. He looks pretty fit to me, my father is 78 and still bench presses over 500lbs.

Wow, that's impressive but very rare IMO. My 80-year-old dad won't even walk around the block anymore! It would depend on what medical conditions an individual would have. Didn't RL have medical issues? I remember reading something about COPD.

BBM. Can somebody provide a source for that? What do we know and not know about his alibi? TIA

I would agree that RL isn't BG EXCEPT for the " down the hill" comparison.., because I believe RL purposely tried to alter his inflection. Why do this?

I also think Inside Edition went over the question/ interview with RL first. I've been interviewed several times on camera and the only time I didn't know what was coming next was during a live feed.

The other interviews I was told how to stand, what to do .. and I knew the questions in advance

Apples , would you please be so kind as to repost your profile you came up with ?
TYIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member