IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they do. See Richard Kirk case in Denver Co. He shot his wife. No past issues other than a DUI many years before.

The difference being that it was domestic / family.

It's a different game when dealing with murder by someone outside the family -- which this case appears to be.

Have locals stated if they were used to seeing RL on the trails or bridge? I think that would be a slight indicator. If people saw him in that public hiking area every once in a while.

Also, had he not spoken to the media many would now be saying something such as: Look at that grouchy old man. He must be hiding something! He didn't speak to the media about two bodies found on his property. That's shady!

If Abbie & Libby weren't sexually assaulted then the lack of any known child sexual predator incidents in RL's past is meaningless, IMHO.

At 0:06 the LE officer states "we are finding out there were things that were said that were not true". As far as I recall saying things that are not true is lying. So the LE officer DID state there were lies which lead them to search further.
MOO

One could say something false while believing it to be true. That is not a lie. A lie is saying something that is false and believing it to be false.

Wow. Please in my future posts just assume IMO. I shouldnt have to justify everything with IMO. Everything posted on this WS is IMO. But thats just my opinion. <modsnip> We are all try to put our heads together to solve a mystery not get caught up in political correctness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I truly apologize if my post came off sounding condescending. That was not my intent! I viewed the original posters question as she was not caught up with the thread and was asking a question in relation to RL's voice and BG's. I took your statement of "clearly different" as fact and should have just shared my opinion!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by trenchmouth
I haven't read all the posts lately, however has anyone spliced the "Down The Hill"s together from BG and RL to check for similarities? The reporter asked him to repeat it in this interview.
https://youtu.be/TT7NoIJr5zE

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yes and they are clearly very different

Sent from my SM-G935V using

Im sure you simply forgot to add IMO rather than make a blanket statement that the voices are different? IMO I hear a similarity in the two voices and I believe some other posters have agreed as well! This is what makes opinions so interesting!​

I do not think RL looks anything at all like BG. But, I think his voice sounds very much like the recorded voice. I just don't know what to make of it.

A half truth is a full lie. RL's story isn't adding-up. JMO And where was the backpack found?

It's debatable.

By obtaining a search warrant LE has limited the debate.

LE in this case really wants to find the killer/s. So, they're going by the book and ticking all the boxes.

I have No Doubt that they had Probable Cause, stated it in an Affidavit and obtained a Warrant with specifics and a return.

I just wasn't sure if it is necessary under more ordinary circumstance of a probation viol.

Posted by Beth11311 -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-33&p=13242471#post13242471
Something else to consider in regards to RL being held right now...I see many assuming he is an alcoholic. Are there any MSM reports that have been released with this info? Yes his DUI violations are highly suggestive of an issue but is there anything beyond that? My point being that if RL is a true alcoholic and daily drinker (which is what I'm seeing suggested), he would have to be in a medical detox right now. Benzos and alcohol are the two most dangerous detoxes and dying is not uncommon without proper care (see more here: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/a...oms-treatments. My husband and I both work in the substance abuse field, and with ten years sober we have been on both sides of the law, so to speak.

I have NO idea if he is an alcoholic...I honestly don't think any of us can come to that conclusion without far more information, and to sentence him as such seems a bit unfair perhaps - although I have no love for those who drink and drive. But for a moment let's say he was drunk enough to do what's being suggested - how does an incredibly inebriated 77 year old not only navigate the terrain and the bridge but also control two healthy teen girls? It just doesn't add up for me that he is our BG...

One last note, regarding the meth mentions. Yes there is a massive problem with meth in our nation and especially in Indiana, and yes it makes people do horrible things, but where does that play into our girls getting killed? Where has there been any suggestion in MSM or from LE that drugs were involved in this? BG doesn't look like a tweaker or a cook to me, from the little I can see his face is pretty full and he looks well-kept.

At this point I'm seriously questioning if he's actually an alcoholic in the sense we keep hearing about, well here at least. I'm not on social media. The reason I question, I have always read and heard how chronic alcoholism over a long period of time is so bad for the skin, as in causing premature wrinkling and aging, etc. But then here is this 77-78 y/o man with amazingly smooth, what appears to be almost flawless, wrinkle free skin, and with barely noticeable sagging. Seriously, his facial complexion and skin tone would make most women that age, and many even younger, green with envy that they had to spend so much just to look half as good. You know what I mean?

My point being, IMO, he doesn't appear to be this chronic alcoholic he's been characterized as here and who knows where else. Unless, the doctors are full of BS and don't know what they're talking about, LOL. Maybe that's it? If so though, how is he such a bad alcoholic? Perhaps he just once in a while goes out and drinks with the boys, or even at home, and then has a moment of bad judgement choosing to drive. Maybe because he's an old timer with the old independent, self-reliant mindset who believes he should do for himself, and will do for himself, he wants no help. And no one's going to change his mind. As in stubborn as a mule, set in his ways, bull headed, etc... you get my drift. Idk, just something I've noticed, and as always I'm questioning things. Thanks for listening, and / or for chiming in.

I just signed up and find this site very helpful. I have not read all of the threads, but I thought that the murders took place in the same spot where the victims were found?

It would make no sense to me for a killer to commit murder of two people and then have to physically move the bodies to another spot. Too difficult when time is of the essence. The longer the perp stayed in the area, the higher the chances of him being seen or caught.

I agree with you, except I can imagine the possibility that he/they were trying to get the girls into the creek.

RL didn't have to say a thing to the media, in fact if it were my property I'd tell them to get off of it and to go away.

The media are in the business of selling ad revenue, not solving crimes. Personally, I think most people "in the media" are pure scum, but maybe that's just me.

The media got people all worked up over a search warrant at RL's property which appears to be a big nothingburger, they and LE came away empty-handed. Members here made it seem like LE were taking huge bags and boxes of evidence from the guy's property, but all I've seen is a white Ford truck on a flatbed.

The relationship between police and media and locals is complicated.

It’s worthwhile looking at LE’s initial press conference. They said they need “your help”. In one sense they were speaking to the press who were present, and in a wider sense they were speaking to the public who watched the press conference.

RL has been criticised on this forum for speaking to the press. But — I can’t imagine that RL would have allowed the press onto his property without LE firstly telling him that it was okay.

I also wonder whether LE asking RL to allow the press onto his property — to cooperate with the press — because LE needed to get the message out to a wider audience.

Must admit that I have a problem with some of the criticism directed at RL for speaking to the press when — to my mind — he was possibly cooperating with press at the request of LE.

A half truth is a full lie. RL's story isn't adding-up. JMO And where was the backpack found?

The backpack was found? WhaT back pack? Help me out here, I'm trying to go back but then stuff like this keeps popping up. Another rumor? I thought LE has been silent since the execution of the warrant?

Have locals stated if they were used to seeing RL on the trails or bridge? I think that would be a slight indicator. If people saw him in that public hiking area every once in a while.

I don't know, but a poster who is a nurse said that RL appears to have a severe shortness of breath brought on by heavy smoking (forgot the medical term). She then illustrated that RL seemed to get winded from even light walking. Therefore, it would seem doubtful that he was doing a lot of hiking on the trails.

In either case, I hope RL starts helping the investigation and himself by being completely truthful about his activities during the time in question.

If Abbie & Libby weren't sexually assaulted then the lack of any known child sexual predator incidents in RL's past is meaningless, IMHO.

One girl was bigger than the average adult.

These are not 5 year olds.

Prime motivation may have been stalking and killing. The thrill of stalking and killing.

-

if this has been addressed im sorry, but what if the girl's were taken to r.l. house or silo, and were there when the neighbor first came to ask permission to search his property. and later on that night when no one was around took them to the spot thy were found. has anyone thought of this?

One could say something false while believing it to be true. That is not a lie. A lie is saying something that is false and believing it to be false.
RL is a known liar.

He has been convicted on multiple occasions of "False Informing" (AKA giving false information during the official investigation of a crime knowing that the information is false).

There was a case in Florida in 2011, I believe, where a 96-year-old woman snapped and shot her nephew to death. He was in his 50s. So while I'm still on the fence about RL, I have no doubt that someone his age could easily shoot and kill someone, but without an actual cause of death I can't really speculate about what happened here.

That was 'all in the family'.

Family members can snap at any age.

This case -- Libby & Abby -- is not being treated by LE as 'all in the family.'

The backpack was found? WhaT back pack? Help me out here, I'm trying to go back but then stuff like this pops up. Another rumor? I thought LE has been silent since the execution of the warrant?
Early on, LE was asking for any info of a siting of someone discarding a backpack of some sort IIRC. That led to speculation that the sp may be on the move. Possible hitchhiker, vagrant, traveler.

RL is a known liar.

He has been convicted on multiple occasions of "False Informing" (AKA giving false information during the official investigation of a crime knowing that the information is false).

How is he known as a liar? For DUI's?

I mean before all of this happened of course. I've kept up with driving and drinking, but not other things people are mentioning.

The backpack was found? WhaT back pack? Help me out here, I'm trying to go back but then stuff like this keeps popping up. Another rumor? I thought LE has been silent since the execution of the warrant?

Not that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member