IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is still a sex offender if he committed unlawful sexual acts against the girls who were under the age of consent.

Agreed. If it was before sex offenders were required to register, we'd have no way of knowing. A distant family member was arrested and found guilty of a sex crime in 1996, yet he isn't found on any lists. It was before they were required to register. And IMO he's still a sick pervert, just not acting on it... at the moment.

Sorry for your family pain that you needed to deal with. I was just stating as of right now, the only public fact we have are alcohol problems. Until LE states more I will leave it at that.......

And an order if protection taken out against him by a woman in 2013.

Is it a common spot for morel foraging or ginseng harvesting ... in season?

This was my question (although I do appreciate all replies). I was wondering more along the lines of who would be familiar with the area and I've noticed there seems to be a lot of morel enthusiasts in Indiana. Both morels and ginseng can be quite lucrative.

What if you had already told them all you know 10 times? What if, because of lack of evidence, and the victims being found on your land, LE was frustrated and went from asking you the same questions over and over again to flat out accusing you of the crime? Do you think you would still be cooperative? Especially if you were tired, stressed, felt like they were trying to hang a crime on you that you didn't commit, AND your lawyer advised you it was time to simply shut up? I think I would answer the same set of questions 2, maybe 3 times, then I would likely tell LE to go "make love" to themselves, IYKWIM.
Very possible, but I don't think i'd sit in jail refusing to cooperate with police if they wanted information about a double murder (and I had any) if I had an inkling they may think I was involved in the crime or the coverup.

Would anyone here? Unless it was covering for a child or relative. Maybe, but I'd probably crack under questioning and spill my guts.

I'm not sure I would be able to prove where I was on any given day, though. My phone records might tell them the phone never left my house, but I've forgotten my phone before.

Sorry for your family pain that you needed to deal with. I was just stating as of right now, the only public fact we have are alcohol problems. Until LE states more I will leave it at that.......
Absolutely, I respect that. I just have an experience that had left me more open to expect the unexpected and I wanted to share. I really hope RL isn't involved and that they make an arrest soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BBM -- Is there a link on here for that one or would anyone have it?. This is the first time I've read he had someone with him during an arrest, I've looked at his records before but I must have missed that one. TIA

I deleted that sentence from my post. The public record states "A and B were each arrested with OWI...." and I made the assumption that they were together. That might be accurate but I don't know for sure. Person B has a history of meth dealing.

So let me understand what you and at least one other person mentioned about the photos of BG. You believe that LE intentionally blurred these 2 photos, then put them in (iirc) 46 states, on 6000 billboards? I'm not sure I can see the logic in that, WADR.
No, no, sorry if I wasn't making myself clear. I think they blurred the ZIPPER area specifically for decency sake.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jmo, I can't imagine the girls witnessing a drug deal at such close range as to warrant being murdered. Seems like drug dealers would be on alert to make sure no one is nearby. This seems much more of a sexual crime to me. And LE has given zero clues as to possible motive, but if they reached out to sex offenders right away, that is telling.

Jmo, I can't imagine the girls witnessing a drug deal at such close range as to warrant being murdered. Seems like drug dealers would be on alert to make sure no one is nearby. This seems much more of a sexual crime to me. And LE has given zero clues as to possible motive, but if they reached out to sex offenders right away, that is telling.

I agree and If BG is a methhead, he is the chunkiest methhead I have ever seen imo I'm not sure how or why these girls were killed, but interrupting a drug deal is pretty low on my list. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the FBI coming in so quickly might have indicated that they thought there could be a connection between these cases. There seem to be many similarities between the Evansdale and Delphi cases. Some obvious, and some you have to spend some time looking into people close to the crimes to pick up on. IMO, if they were related, unless LE had a very clear idea of their suspect, I'm not sure they would say the cases were related. SK's often follow these kinds of things closely. Again, speculation. Also, I believe that SK's, especially experienced ones, are much like other "hunters" in that they get a sense of assessing the terrain in a way that would make them just as comfortable "hunting" across many states with similar geographic features.I don't believe this type of individual would have to be from the are to be quickly familiar with the terrain and able to assess his options rather quickly. That being said, I also believe that, at least statistically, RL has to be looked at under a microscope to determine whether or not he is the perp, simply because the bodies were found on his property. Soon we should know what that scrutiny has determined, and either he will be charged(if the evidence shows his participation), or we will have to consider other possibilities, including the possibility of a SK or something along those lines. Waiting .
Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster so I apologize in advance for any errors in my posts, I'll try not to break any rules! The following is all MOO, I do not want anyone to assume anything I theorize is fact unless reported by law enforcement.

The first thing I thought when I saw this case was it's Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins all over again. I'm an Iowan daughter of a cop and I think a lot of people from Iowa and probably the midwest couldn't help but think of the cousins from Evansdale. Lots of eerie similarities in the way they were abducted and found and I initially thought they could be connected, perhaps a SK drifter in the midwest (Evansdale and Delphi are only about a 5-6 hour drive apart) but LE has since said they don't believe the cases to be related so I trust them on that as the have all the information. The COD in each case could be so different that LE can't officially rule out, but make an assumption that the same perpetrator likely didn't commit both crimes.
Unfortunately, as long as each case remains unsolved and an open investigation, LE won't release a COD as a way to tie a killer to the crime (only the killer and the cops know how the girls died and killers have been caught many times for accidentally letting LE know they know things only the killer would know).

I've seen a lot of posts with people who are sure BG must be a local due to having to navigate the land between the bridge and where the bodies were found. While I agree that it would be easier to commit this crime with experience on the land, I wouldn't discount the drifter/non-local possibility. I watched a video someone else posted (I apologize, I can't find it anymore) but they walked the whole abandoned railway system through Delphi ending at the bridge. This whole area looks very similar to all the wooded areas in Iowa. Even in Ames, a college town where I am from, there's parks and trails through wooded areas nearly identical to Delphi and I wouldn't doubt that anyone with experience in the woods in the midwest could probably navigate the area where the girls were abducted/found.

This is all JMO based on reading about SKs and profiling, but having the instincts of a cop's kid plus a whole lot of forensic files over the years, I tend to get weird gut feelings in these kinds of cases and my gut says this is a drifter who doesn't stay in one place long and has probably done this before. If this is the case, it would be a lot harder to find the perp and they'd more than likely have to wait for him to get arrested for something else and tied with the DNA they supposedly found (I saw several posts about DNA but haven't seen a confirmation from LE). IMO without LG's quick thinking recording BG, they would have close to nothing to go on in this investigation and I hope last efforts to tell the world who did this to her and her friend lead police to the right tip.

Nothing I have seen leads me to believe RL is BG. To explain my reasoning, lets pretend RL is BG for a moment. It would take a of smarts lot for a man in his seventies to capture and murder two teenage girls who could probably run much faster, though if a gun were involved they would probably comply with his demands and not risk him shooting them while running. The still of BG was released fairly quickly after they were discovered with LE just saying they want to talk to BG. Why, if RL killed them, they were found on his property, and after a photo of a possible POI is released, would RL do a TV interview dressed in similar clothes that make him appear to be BG?? That would be a really stupid thing for someone who just murdered two people to do. I'm guessing BG would have wanted to make sure he didn't look like the photo as he doesn't want to get caught. Just doesn't make sense to me that someone who had to be smart to commit this crime, would be so stupid after his crime scene is discovered.

I don't think this is the perpetrator's first time committing murder given how little physical evidence they seem to have to go on, but again all just me speculating and I know that LE likely knows a lot more than they are able to say but are withholding information to help link the killer to the crime. I have theory involving an Indiana sex offender with a past of similar crimes, but I won't risk breaking rules to talk about him when he has likely already been ruled out by LE.

Thank you all for listening to my thoughts, I think a lot of people have posted a lot of very possible theories, but unfortunately only LE have all the evidence to draw conclusions on what really happened. Just hope BG slips up and gets himself on their radar soon! Hoping for a resolution to bring closure to these families who have been through so much.

And an order if protection taken out against him by a woman in 2013.

Do you have a link for this? I searched and was unable to find a link to a site that shows Ron Logan had a restraining order against him. TIA.

Trying to figure out why most of the 6000 billboards feature the girls, not BG.

One reason comes to mind. What if the murder(s) took video of the girls and it has been distributed online?

(No, we have no evidence of that happening and I hope it didn't. Just thinking out loud.)

MOO

00d62e5d50e58599973e4a1462d2ec16.jpg

So I had originally thought the brown part was just the bottom of his shirt underneath his jacket, but I just realized his hands would have to be going through the shirt to be in his pockets the way it appears they are. And it appears to go all the way around his waist unlike a fanny pack. I don't remember seeing anyone suggest this but what if it's a utility tool belt? My dad has a black tactical one that holds his various police accessories (gun, tazer, radio, handcuffs, etc.) and they have a lot of very low-profile ones that can hold a lot of stuff and still sit pretty flat. LE and most Army personnel would have this type of belt for work/service but anyone could buy them online for their own purposes and I'm sure there's a lot of other professions that use them like people in construction, factory work, etc.

627ead504883b2f2e3145c17ec2f4db4.jpeg

I also noticed his hands are at different heights. His left hand is much lower, and though it's hard to tell with the shadow and low resolution, I think his left hand is in his jeans pocket and his right hand is up higher in the utility belt, possibly retrieving a small weapon. Just a theory.

Do you have a link for this? I searched and was unable to find a link to a site that shows Ron Logan had a restraining order against him. TIA.

Hi, I don't have the link, but it was posted numerous times yesterday. (Unless it got snipped by mods)

Hi, I don't have the link, but it was posted numerous times yesterday. (Unless it got snipped by mods)

The one I saw posted had the woman's name on it so it might have been removed.

One reason comes to mind. What if the murder(s) took video of the girls and it has been distributed online?

(No, we have no evidence of that happening and I hope it didn't. Just thinking out loud.)

MOO
The billboard in TN has both pictures the girls on 1/2 and the suspect on the other 1/2

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

00d62e5d50e58599973e4a1462d2ec16.jpg

So I had originally thought the brown part was just the bottom of his shirt underneath his jacket, but I just realized his hands would have to be going through the shirt to be in his pockets the way it appears they are. And it appears to go all the way around his waist unlike a fanny pack. I don't remember seeing anyone suggest this but what if it's a utility tool belt? My dad has a black tactical one that holds his various police accessories (gun, tazer, radio, handcuffs, etc.) and they have a lot of very low-profile ones that can hold a lot of stuff and still sit pretty flat. LE and most Army personnel would have this type of belt for work/service but anyone could buy them online for their own purposes and I'm sure there's a lot of other professions that use them like people in construction, factory work, etc.

627ead504883b2f2e3145c17ec2f4db4.jpeg

I also noticed his hands are at different heights. His left hand is much lower, and though it's hard to tell with the shadow and low resolution, I think his left hand is in his jeans pocket and his right hand is up higher in the utility belt, possibly retrieving a small weapon. Just a theory.

This is a possibility, but from the beginning I have always thought it looked like just a shadow. Maybe even a shadow being cast by Abby? Like LE cropped Abby out of the picture but part of her shadow remained on BG?It just doesn't look like a tool belt to me. But it very well could be....

MOO

That is a horrible thought I had from early on and I posted about it. It could explain so many SW's which we haven't heard the details of, and arrests not related to the murders. I've tried not to think about it but it can't be ruled out I don't think.

Agreed! My opinion has always been that the girls were taken elsewhere and then left later and therefore were not there to be "found" while the family was searching. JMO
If they were taken elsewhere, why would a perp run the risk of bringing them back at a later time especially with a search ongoing? Unless the perp lived close that would not make sense IMO.

The reason I asked is because at one point I did find a site with RL's criminal history, and I thought the RL with the restraining order was a different RL than RL the PO. I just wanted to be sure it is fact that RL had a restraining order against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member