IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you watched the series on ID channel called See No Evil? They replayed an episode recently about a case they amazingly solved by following a string of security cams around the town and area... piecing it together slowly. The most amazing part of that episode to me was when a camera was pointed in the wrong direction to see the vehicle of the suspect that they wanted.. however they were lucky in the fact that a small reflection in a window they could see the vehicle. I'm hoping that something similar could be going on behind the scenes with this case too and mayve they're tracing a series of video footage from about the entire area including cameras from transfer station and all the businesses in the area including Lafayette. I'm really hoping and praying that they have BG seen walking or driving elsewhere and can eventually trace him to store or somewhere he may have used a credit card. that's how they catch a lot of people but it takes a long time to trace all of this and watch hours and hours of surveillance video from many different locations. I also assume that they are digging through the dump looking at all the trash ..that could take forever practically

DNA should not take 2+ weeks in a high profile murder case, when it has been done in as little as three days in other cases, in bigger cities. But jmo...

Admirable service. I really hope it's not him.

Me as well. It's just terrible to contemplate because it's already horrific for the families. A neighbor who seems like a kindly old man?

Hi everyone, my first post! Just a quick observation or I missed it completely. There has been little mention of the girls backpack. Where is it? Maybe that's what LE has been searching for. If RL uses the transfer station, including others in that area. Seems odd.

No, I really do not know! Why wouldn't they make that adjustment? It puzzles me really.:confused:

May I suggest that you send your adjusted photo to LE? It's great work. I think they were probably trying to get the photo out to the public quickly and didn't mess too much with it. After all, LE is careful not to tamper with potential evidence, so they may have done the bare minimum. There's always a remote chance that no one thought to do this or knew how. I would encourage you to send them the whole process you went through, just as you posted here.
JMO

DNA should not take 2+ weeks in a high profile murder case, when it has been done in as little as three days in other cases, in bigger cities. But jmo...
i just posted this link a bit ago to how long it takes to get DNA back by state, but did not notice at the time of that posting that it says that DNA takes 6 weeks in the state of Indiana with a suspect. That is just how long LE said it would be to get the results back from their search of RL's property. However, it shows rush homicide as two weeks. Why would it take so much longer with a suspect?

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

I apologize if this is not allowed, but did the girls have boyfriends? I understand that if they did, we cannot sleuth them.
These murders are so personal - IMO.

You are correct. We cannot sleuth them.

-Nin

<SNIP>
I think that my be for two reasons. One, people can become super vested in their theories and kind of experience confirmation bias. IMO w all do that. And we can feel annoyed when others don't see things our way once we become certain about something.

Two, before all this came out about RL, people saw his interviews and felt sorry for him. They saw him as a kindly, and befuddled grandfather type who experienced something terrible on his property. It's super difficult to move from that to considering that he may have a connection. <SNIP>

As I said before, I don't really care for generalizations. I know there are more than 2 reason because I don't fit into either category. I've come up with many scenarios/theories, and have had extremely varied experiences in my life. I also don't seem him as befuddled, or maybe not even kindly. He could be the biggest jerk around, and 20 years old, but I still wouldn't want to see him accused with the little evidence that's been released. I've found several people over the weeks who I think are more likely suspects, but I'm not ruling him out yet either. I just don't want to discuss the guilt of any of them without more solid evidence than I've seen so far.

I also don't mind most of the posts that you've mentioned, and there are probably a lot of others like me. Most of those that cross the line have been removed because the mods are great at their jobs here. I try to sleuth anyone I can find who's involved, but only post about whatever is allowed. MOO, as always.

Hi everyone, my first post! Just a quick observation or I missed it completely. There has been little mention of the girls backpack. Where is it? Maybe that's what LE has been searching for. If RL uses the transfer station, including others in that area. Seems odd.
great first post. We would love to know where that back pack is. If there is one? i don't know if they have positively said there was one.

This is the area that I can't figure out why it appears so blurry.....
attachment.php

Original
attachment.php

There is blurry on the opposite side, too.

There is blurry on the opposite side, too.

Yep thats correct although that area is further away in the background and appears less blurred to me. As I would expect some of the background to be blurry but not the density that appears in the foreground of the image....JMO

:Welcome1: Dagen.
There was a vague "for instance" from LE early on - " If anyone saw someone throw out a backpack we want to know."

I have always felt they have it just want to know who tossed it. If they are looking for it thy sometimes describe it.

Have any of you watched the series on ID channel called See No Evil? They replayed an episode recently about a case they amazingly solved by following a string of security cams around the town and area... piecing it together slowly. The most amazing part of that episode to me was when a camera was pointed in the wrong direction to see the vehicle of the suspect that they wanted.. however they were lucky in the fact that a small reflection in a window they could see the vehicle. I'm hoping that something similar could be going on behind the scenes with this case too and mayve they're tracing a series of video footage from about the entire area including cameras from transfer station and all the businesses in the area including Lafayette. I'm really hoping and praying that they have BG seen walking or driving elsewhere and can eventually trace him to store or somewhere he may have used a credit card. that's how they catch a lot of people but it takes a long time to trace all of this and watch hours and hours of surveillance video from many different locations. I also assume that they are digging through the dump looking at all the trash ..that could take forever practically

My impression of the area was that there was not a lot of security cams around.

Seriously thinking about the trucking industry on this one...main highways and truck stops very nearby where the young ladies were taken. This supports a crime of opportunity theory, but think the individual knew where they would be, either by social media, or eavesdropping in a public place. There is a packing company nearby, trucks coming and going. Driver maybe knew the area, had a couple hours down. Probably relatively close to his home state, but far enough from it to escape suspicion. My first time posting, but this case has been burning my mind.

Welcome lil diva :wave:

I thought I was seeing a white cabbed truck behind him and the trees (the pic of the figure in the distance at other end of bridge), but haven't been following this thread to know if thats been discussed.

i just posted this link a bit ago to how long it takes to get DNA back by state, but did not notice at the time of that posting that it says that DNA takes 6 weeks in the state of Indiana with a suspect. That is just how long LE said it would be to get the results back from their search of RL's property. However, it shows rush homicide as two weeks. Why would it take so much longer with a suspect?

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

MOO, but if you want to get something rushed you can. You just have to pay for it. LE without a doubt can get DNA testing rushed especially if a known killer is still on the loose.

Read between the lines here-- assuming RL gave a voluntary sample of his DNA via cheek swab and it was compared to the DNA possibly found at the crime scene and there has been no arrest-- what can we take away from this?

There was no DNA match? Possibly.

My guess is this area is very soft because of compression (detail is thrown out by the camera's encoder to reduce file size). The picture had probably been brightened quite a bit from the original and my guess is these areas are darker from shadows.

It's common for highly compressed video to lack details on dark areas because most people won't notice (unless the image is brightened).

Or, maybe the video was very low resolution to begin with. Low resolution, along with enlarging, along with brightening would unveil a lot of very ugly artifacts. Judging by the overall quality of the photo, I think that is the most likely scenario. IMO.

This is the area that I can't figure out why it appears so blurry.....
attachment.php

Original
attachment.php

The photo of BG is so blurry I think it could be a Kardashian and we would not recognize the person!
Also, the photos apoear to have been altered in some way.
Investigators seemed to think that someone who knows him would recognize him even though the photos are poor..
So is it possible something other than the face is what they think someone would recognize if they know him?
I am thinking that if there was some sort of signature or similarity to other crimes could something bg is wearing be connected to that. Hence the billboards.

My guess is this area is very soft because of compression (detail is thrown out by the camera's encoder to reduce file size). The picture had probably been brightened quite a bit from the original and my guess is these areas are darker from shadows.

It's common for highly compressed video to lack details on dark areas because most people won't notice (unless the image is brightened).

Or, maybe the video was very low resolution to begin with. Low resolution, along with enlarging, along with brightening would unveil a lot of very ugly artifacts. Judging by the overall quality of the photo, I think that is the most likely scenario. IMO.

Thank you for correcting me as it just didn't look right to me how blurred with such density the area to the right of BG looked......back to lurking and sorry for the off topic:lurk:

The photo of BG is so blurry I think it could be a Kardashian and we would not recognize the person!
Also, the photos apoear to have been altered in some way.
Investigators seemed to think that someone who knows him would recognize him even though the photos are poor..
So is it possible something other than the face is what they think someone would recognize if they know him?
I am thinking that if there was some sort of signature or similarity to other crimes could something bg is wearing be connected to that. Hence the billboards.

But they haven't given the slighest hint about the crimes. So not sure what anyone is meant to conclude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther