IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they participate in any of the other searches?

Do you mean other searches that didn't involve RL's property? I know the media reported FBI at the 3/17 search of RL's property but I haven't heard much about other SW not involving him. Good question.

LE searched his house, land, outbuildings everything he has come in contact with for 53 years. How could they not have his DNA?

Maybe it's because it became apparent there was an attack on the bridge.

I've always wondered if the search was halted that night because LE knew they were in recovery mode, not rescue mode, and wanted daylight for evidence-collection reasons

Compression can look a lot like cloning artifacts, though, especially in under-exposed video. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I believe there's no way to definitively tell LE did any such thing.

Personally, based on my own work experience, we're just looking at a perfect example of how terrible compressed smartphone video can look.

JMO

I agree. Cell phone video can be terrible and filled with artifacts. Does anyone know what type of phone this was filmed on?

I'll look at it from the studio tomorrow(on my phone now). Compression artifacts typically are variations of the intended color..these have new colors introduced.

There is one thing I'm positive about is BG's right foot. If you zoom into it..you'll see the resolution change and new color pixilation. That's a clear sign of it being modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they participate in any of the other searches?
Don't know. We only know about the FBI being involved with two searches because the media showed up for both of them and covered them on their newscasts. The only other search that was mentioned in the media didn't mention the agencies involved if I recall correctly.

For the other 10 searches we only know of the existence - not where, when, or agencies involved - because LE had mentioned they had done 12 searches and again if I recall correctly this was said prior to the search at RL's which would put the total at 13.

swoosh....now lots know all about cloning and blurring? And the random clue/hint dropping...swoosh

I hope and pray that LE has a firm grasp on this...perhaps tomorrow will be the DAY! Maybe some people have had enough of being sat in jail.

I've always wondered if the search was halted that night because LE knew they were in recovery mode, not rescue mode, and wanted daylight for evidence-collection reasons
It was JMO that Maybe it's because it became apparent there was an attack on the bridge.

It's probably not going to be silent on these threads, I think, when it comes to RL until he is cleared by LE. Especially when there is apparently new info about him like a protective order?

Regardless, there is good reason why there's focus on him. As I have stated many times, I don't know if he's involved in any way but it's logical to look at him:

1. Bodies were found on his property.
2. His voice sounds like the audio to many people.
3. He gave interviews some found slightly odd.
4. His build and style match BG to many people. (There's a reason the reporter asked him to repeat the BG words).
5. He is the ONLY person LE gave specific interviews about.
6. A search warrant of his home and property was issued based on probable cause.
7. As unrelated to murder as it may be, he has a criminal history and apparently DV protective order in his past.
8. LE stated they were looking to clear RL or deem him a suspect. He has not been cleared.

I don't post or read here much anymore because there's no new news. But until there is I can't count the guy out.

It seems some are pretty upset by mention of RL on the threads. That's kind of interesting because usually sleuthers are intent on sleuthing as many people as allowable that have any proximity to the crime. Which is what LE does.

I think that my be for two reasons. One, people can become super vested in their theories and kind of experience confirmation bias. IMO w all do that. And we can feel annoyed when others don't see things our way once we become certain about something.

Two, before all this came out about RL, people saw his interviews and felt sorry for him. They saw him as a kindly, and befuddled grandfather type who experienced something terrible on his property. It's super difficult to move from that to considering that he may have a connection.

IMO there's a defensiveness on the threads that is related to the above. I think that's illustrated by the fact that people like me who are not accusing RL and are not saying we think he is guilty, but just that he should be considered until he is cleared, are referred to as believing RL committed the crime.

But all I'm seeing pretty much is: "RL is not the BG." "RL doesn't sound like the BG." "RL hasn't been cleared." "RL doesn't look like BG." "It is logical to look at RL." etc. Same, circular arguments. I guess it will remain that way until something else happens. Hopefully it will. No one wants it to turn out like Lyric and Elizabeth's case.
Thank you! BEST post in a while! LE is looking at him for one reason or another. This is what these people do for a living, and they know a hell of a lot more than we do.

Do you mean other searches that didn't involve RL's property? I know the media reported FBI at the 3/17 search of RL's property but I haven't heard much about other SW not involving him. Good question.

Yes, other than RL's property. Does anyone know how a possible relative of RL is associated with the Bicycle Bridge Rd house?

Doubt it. It's not about the murders, it's about his probation violation.

I expect RL to be given the sentence to complete his VP. He'll be back home in 2 years, if not charged with the murders.

Will he lose his pride and joy, those 40 acres along Deer Creek? Will his livestock be sold off? Have his dog adopted? Own a truck that sits for two years? Horses auctioned?

This has ruined RLs life as he knew it, whether he is guilty of horrific murders of two little girls, or not. I might add that RL can handle traversing his property by foot. I do not see him at a swift pace on High Bridge. Why would he forfeit his property for a life in prison sentence?

(modsnip)

Read between the lines here-- assuming RL gave a voluntary sample of his DNA via cheek swab and it was compared to the DNA possibly found at the crime scene and there has been no arrest-- what can we take away from this?

There was no DNA match? Possibly.

sbm, thanks.

Well, it could be RL left no DNA at the crime scene and LE is looking for any evidence of the girls on his property. To show his connection to the girls via trace evidence. They need to look at truck, in his house, as LE said to rule him in or out.

Forensics can take awhile depending on what they are looking for. It's not all a quick DNA test.

:thinking: How would we know? FBI was on scene early Tues. They are called in for abductions. The divers searched a portion of the Creek. The dogs were released. But a neighbor, I assume other searchers may have been with him, discovered the girls within a very few minutes after the volunteers were released to search the trails.

Are any of those unsolved murders posted here on WS?

No - I guess I "joined" too late. I posted this a long time ago...

We had a mother and her four children burned in their trailer that was ruled an arson - No arrest.

We had a "kid" mowing lawn for a doc's office that was shot in the head & killed - No arrest.

We also had a gorgeous teenage girl and her mother shot dead in their front yard - No arrest.

#4 - We had the "Honeybee Killer" who shot my FIL's friends - one died. This one was solved.

Are you not believing me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members