IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think LE believes RL is involved with the murders. But I don't think they are "on to" anyone else in particular either. I think the progress they talk about has been restricted to clearing loads of people.

AND it's incorrect. It left out that he has bond for $5K (10% $500 cash)
I'm behind (again), so please forgive if already mentioned, but.. yes.. left out the bond.. and also, this article is the first one in which I have heard this:

"He also admitted to drinking an alcoholic beverage at Pizza King in Americus on February 27."

Also, the article makes it sound as if his license was suspended today, imho.

KC should think about a different career, jmo.

I don't accept this as 100% fact because Fox59 has misquoted several times in the past, and I haven't seen LE stating this--just that that Fox59 reported it. But, FWIW:

"Investigators told FOX59 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town."

http://fox59.com/2017/04/03/man-adm...hi-teens-were-found-murdered-on-his-property/
Thank you so much for this!! IMO, so many of us were hoping and waiting for "results" of the hearing. Although many reports have been issued, I take nothing as FACT until LE gives a PC.

[emoji307]Justice for Libby and Abby [emoji307]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Those charges(false informing and obstruction) could have both stemmed from the same thing, i.e. telling the police he either hadn't been driving, or drinking at the Pizza King, or both. Also, if he said he was in one place, when it turned out he was in another. If he was trying to keep from getting himself another felony, and lied, that could also have been PC for the SW on the 17th. As it stands, I would assume that all or most of the testing done with evidence gathered is either complete, or will be very soon. If no charges are brought against RL regarding the murders within the next week or so, I believe this case will go cold. I'm still open to the possibility of his involvement, but I tend to lean toward my original thinking, which is that this is much more complicated than a crime of passion or opportunity. I've said it several times, and will say it again...I hope to God I am wrong, because if I am not, this case won't be solved. At least not anytime soon. IMO

IC 35-44-2-2
False reporting or informing
Sec. 2. (a) As used in this section, "consumer product" has the meaning set forth in IC 35-45-8-1.
(b) As used in this section, "misconduct" means a violation of a departmental rule or procedure of a law enforcement agency.
(c) A person who reports, by telephone, telegraph, mail, or other written or oral communication, that:
(1) the person or another person has placed or intends to place an explosive, a destructive device, or other destructive substance in a building or transportation facility;
(2) there has been or there will be tampering with a consumer product introduced into commerce; or
(3) there has been or will be placed or introduced a weapon of mass destruction in a building or a place of assembly;
knowing the report to be false commits false reporting, a Class D felony.
(d) A person who:
(1) gives a false report of the commission of a crime or gives false information in the official investigation of the commission of a crime, knowing the report or information to be false;
(2) gives a false alarm of fire to the fire department of a governmental entity, knowing the alarm to be false;
(3) makes a false request for ambulance service to an ambulance service provider, knowing the request to be false; (4) gives a false report concerning a missing child (as defined in IC 10-13-5-4) or missing endangered adult (as defined in IC 12-7-2-131.3) or gives false information in the official investigation of a missing child or missing endangered adult knowing the report or information to be false;
(5) makes a complaint against a law enforcement officer to the state or municipality (as defined in IC 8-1-13-3) that employs the officer:
(A) alleging the officer engaged in misconduct while performing the officer's duties; and
(B) knowing the complaint to be false; or
(6) makes a false report of a missing person, knowing the report or information is false;
commits false informing, a Class B misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it substantially hinders any law enforcement process or if it results in harm to an innocent person.

http://law.justia.com/codes/indiana/2010/title35/ar44/ch2.html

For what it's worth... trying to understand.

Edited to add, the charge was dropped in the plea deal today.

Maybe she's trying to say he hasn't made bond because according to the state website bond was set at $5000

"The Court sets bond for the above captioned cause in the sum of $5000 with 10% cash bond allowed. The defendant is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff of Carroll County. C:State,Probation,CCSD,Achey,RJO4/3/17"

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik1URTROVEl3TnpFME1EUXdPal V4T1RNMk1qY3laRGM9In19

So, a $5,000 bond not a $500 bond. Regardless, I see RL wanting to stay in custody until next week.

Think you are going to be waiting a good long time for a presser.

Thank you so much for this!! IMO, so many of us were hoping and waiting for "results" of the hearing. Although many reports have been issued, I take nothing as FACT until LE gives a PC.

[emoji307]Justice for Libby and Abby [emoji307]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And for a lot of people reading here ... there by the Grace of God go I. Meaning ... how many people have had a couple of drinks out with friends and then drove home? I have. I didn't get caught. Happens across the world daily. Not right, but it happens. Some get caught and others don't. IMO. (I've also drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket)... true confessions with ME. lol

I hold my hand for those counts also. As a twenty some person I did these also. Also had license suspended because I couldn't pay a fine for a ticket (faulty equipment) ...yes I drove anyway couldn't afford to pay ticket sure couldn't afford to loose my job.( had to be there to save money to pay ticket)...so for all of you saying he did wrong ...I would say look back I your past...bet you find yourself there in some form also!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

So, a $5,000 bond not a $500 bond. Regardless, I see RL wanting to stay in custody until next week.

Yes 5000 but he only has to come up with 500, as I understand it. I don't know about staying. If I expected to be sentenced to years next week I'd want to get my affairs in order. MOO

Beg to differ. I've had friends and family that were sent to Westville, Plainfield, and Wabash Co. for habitual DUI cahrges. My hope, if RL turns out to be innocent of these murders, is that he is sent to longterm treatment/rehab in a low/medium security facility. I have also seen anywhere from 1 to 5 years house arrst in similar situations, which I think would only lead to him racking up more charges. I know we cannot call him an "alcoholic", but assuming we could quite possibly be talking a severe case of alcoholism(considering all past charges/supposed accidents), longterm rehab will likely be his only chance at not re-offending.Right now, I'd mst concerned about his safety if bonds out. I hope LE keeps a close eye on him, whether he is a POI to them or not, simply to keep him safe from potential vigilante "justice", or self harm.
No, not on a Level 6 felony. DOC won't take him. Whatever time he gets will be either hard time in county OR home detention. He'll want to show up in court next week in orange....with another week (2 weeks of a sentence) under his belt. Then maybe he can get time served with the rest on home detention. We'll see what the prosecutor offers and he accepts.

$500 cash is 10% of his $5K bond that he has to put up in order to get out of jail. Federal cases are 15% bond.

Beg to differ. I've had friends and family that were sent to Westville, Plainfield, and Wabash Co. for habitual DUI cahrges. My hope, if RL turns out to be innocent of these murders, is that he is sent to longterm treatment/rehab in a low/medium security facility. I have also seen anywhere from 1 to 5 years house arrst in similar situations, which I think would only lead to him racking up more charges. I know we cannot call him an "alcoholic", but assuming we could quite possibly be talking a severe case of alcoholism(considering all past charges/supposed accidents), longterm rehab will likely be his only chance at not re-offending.Right now, I'd mst concerned about his safety if bonds out. I hope LE keeps a close eye on him, whether he is a POI to them or not, simply to keep him safe from potential vigilante "justice", or self harm.

Recent statutory/policy change. Level 6 felonies don't go to DOC.

Can someone who tweets ask a reporter if his dog has been taken in by friends, etc? I mean, I assume so, but hopefully not to a shelter :( which is like doggie jail. If RL is about to serve time, the little dog needs a new longterm home.

I would too. He has a horse and a dog to be tended to and his land. Most of his land is left pristine but some is in cultivation (looks like hay... but I can't really tell from the screen shots) and his house, etc. You can't just "leave" and let things go. JMO

Yes 5000 but he only has to come up with 500, as I understand it. I don't know about staying. If I expected to be sentenced to years next week I'd want to get my affairs in order. MOO

I don't accept this as 100% fact because Fox59 has misquoted several times in the past, and I haven't seen LE stating this--just that that Fox59 reported it. But, FWIW:

"Investigators told FOX59 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town."
This may be more incriminating than exculpating... His alibi would be completely blown if his road trip "happened hours before the two girls were dropped off", no?

It's a $5000.00 bond but you are only required to post 10%, $500.00 of it unless you fail to appear. In that case the whole $5000.00 is owed.

No because the "trip to Lafayette, IN" wasn't part of the PV that was discussed today in court.

This may be more incriminating than exculpating... His alibi would be completely blown if his road trip "happened hours before the two girls were dropped off", no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch