IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to bail out. He doesn't want to. He is going to be sentenced next week and will go to jail. He is getting 2 for 1 credit right now and would just as soon stay and continue to do so. If someone bonds him out he will be pissed.

This is the imaginary conversation LE and the judge just had in my head. It assumes RL is suspect. I do not know, or even think RL is suspect. I just wonder if he may be.

LE: we'd like you to consider not granting bail. We think he may be involved in the murder of Liberty and Abigail, sir.

Judge: do you have proof? Are you ready to charge?

LE: errr. No, not yet.

Judge: well then. Bond set at 5k, for the charge before me. Carry on.

Imaginary.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well said.
The buses do not even run on Sundays where I live. Not that rural anymore. Yes it mut be really difficult without your own transport...even for a single man never mind a large family that have many groceries to buy from multiple locations . However if you drink and drive you have to know there will be consequences. They are not going to assign drink drivers with personal chauffeurs or discounts on cab fares. A punishment is a punishment and for public safety. As much as I feel sad for anyone unable to do what they need to for lack of transport. ....I also feel even sadder at the many deaths due to drink driving.

He's not going to bail out. He doesn't want to. He is going to be sentenced next week and will go to jail. He is getting 2 for 1 credit right now and would just as soon stay and continue to do so. If someone bonds him out he will be pissed.
I can see that, but I can also see knowing you are going to do some time and wanting to get your affairs in order.

I'd be itching to get out so I could make necessary arrangements, but that's just me :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV

She states he remains in jail w/o bond.

Maybe she's trying to say he hasn't made bond because according to the state website bond was set at $5000

"The Court sets bond for the above captioned cause in the sum of $5000 with 10% cash bond allowed. The defendant is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff of Carroll County. C:State,Probation,CCSD,Achey,RJO4/3/17"

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik1URTROVEl3TnpFME1EUXdPal V4T1RNMk1qY3laRGM9In19

She is with a news site. Of course I shouldn't of believed her. Sorry

She's actually done pretty well. Last time I was screaming "she doesn't know what she's talking about" -- turns out she was right.

Wow, just finally got caught up here. It's so frustrating to see tweets and MSM saying he is held w/o bond yet the court docket is $500 bucks. This case makes my head spin. Well, it's just fine to say that RL is not a suspect but he is certainly a POI. MOO
I am not trying to draw any conclusions from today's court happenings. But, the timing of LE stating on the day the SW was issued and RL jailed for parole violation and his next court appearance is making me think too much.
Trying to be patient but my patients are running thin.
Hang in there because an arrest will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local media here is worthless. If this was NYC we'd know the cause of death, every detail about how the bodies were found, and a list of suspects and LE theories.

MOO!
In regard to the talk about him being granted bail, this is supposed bail on his PV, nothing to do with the SW, him not being labelled a suspect or anything else.
ONLY on his PV, which is why he's been in jail for the past 2-3 weeks.
And just because they(?prosecutor, LE, reporter--I'm not clear on yet) say he was at the 'dump' hours before, does NOT clear him either.
He already admitted he went to Lafayette for fish that same day, the 13th! on camera!

MOO... Wouldn't RL admitting that he didn't go to Lafayette be part of the obstruction of justice charge?

Sorry, I was in middle of replying and got pulled away.. and then thread closed when I got back..

The obstruction and false informing had to be wrt to HIS PV's and not the murder case. I hope everyone realizes that.

There's no way they would drop those charges otherwise.

He probably lied to LE about driving (to the dump) and drinking (at Pizza King). That's typical behavior for someone breaking the law. Nobody usually fesses up right away.

Just my thoughts but..

-there were 3 points to his probation violation sheet that we saw (items 3A and 3B were not mentioned today, as far as I have seen so far?). He only fessed up to item 3C, and we were not even privy to the additional charges of 'obstruction' and 'false informing', which I *assumed* were in relation to the murder investigation, however you might be right in that they related to his probation violations? Although why would those additional 2 items not have also been listed on the same sheet outlining his offences?.. and which were dropped today. I assumed this because they were hushed until today, after the fact.

-Also, *usually* in a case of a plea deal, the sentencing is also a part of it. I am not in the USA, but how it works in Canada, in my experience of having known people to have accepted plea deals... is that the accused and the Prosecution will agree on something, but ultimately it is still up to the judge as to whether he accepts the deal or rejects it, etc. So it seems the judge has a week to consider, and then back in court for sentencing?

-Assuming that RL has the means to post bail, it sounds like he will be out of there today/tomorrow?

-I am also thinking that although LE states that the results of the search of RL's property won't be known until... later (a week from now??), considering the rush that I'm sure would have been put on this, wouldn't one think the results would be rushed if they were incriminating?

My post isn't necessarily in response to the quote above... but just kind of disagreeing.. because.. police could have *charged* RL with obstruction and false reporting in regard to the murders, when in reality, RL was merely trying to save his own butt in regard to the probation violations... which is why those charges may have been agreed to have been dropped? Just my thoughts, ponderings, etc.

Just a few general questions:

Has that rail bridge the two girls were walking on been opened since their disappearance?

Also, how frequently is that particular trail used by walkers/hikers?

Do the tracks for that bridge still extend through the woods from whee the bridge starts, out to W. 300 N?

Finally, and I realize this bridge is a historic landmark - does anyone know if there has been any local talk about taking down the bridge?

Map

attachment.php

Attachments

• monon.JPG
    monon.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 634
Do you mean prison?

I've come to realize, after helping a friend who had a health problem and could not drive, that rural areas don't really offer much in the way of transportation. There's no (or fairly limited) county-subsidized ride programs, Uber, or buses. Cab rides can be prohibitively expensive.

I'm not saying that RL did the right thing by doing what he did to get himself on probation in the first place. But I am saying that the system doesn't support people who are in situations like his or for other people who cannot drive for whatever reasons. I feel badly for them despite the circumstances leading to their situation.

Sorry for the OT rant. We may now return to the discussions on bum bags and fanny packs. [emoji5]

I do have empathy.

But if you get one DUI...and don't learn from it and get another one, that is a pattern. And I don't necessarily want you on the same roads my 4 and 7 year old are riding on until your P.O. or a judge deems you more fit to drive and stay sober.

Today affirms for me what has been long suspected and, that is, the two girls were intentionally placed on RLs property by BG. Look how much time and attention LE, and WS, spent on RL. Even RLs neighbor stated it could have happened on any of their property. But it didn't. Why on RL's?

We are in the eighth week since AW and LG were Taken and murdered. LE must know so very little if they have only been barking up the wrong tree.

There must be much more here than meets the eye. Bumping this post forward, as the last thread closed.

They aren't going to catch this guy are they ? Oh well.............................

Chances are good they've already interviewed him and let him go. I suspect this is somebody that lives in the area, within a 20 mile range or so, and his wife, girlfriend , partner either provided an alibi for him or simply outright lied. If law enforcement sits someone down and ask them where they were last Monday, and the person replies, "I was at home all day", and then his wife, partner, or parent verifies that information is true, then LE really has no other choice than to let him walk. An alibi is an alibi.

Why would somebody do a thing like that ? Well, in the case of a spouse or a girlfriend, she may be absolutely terrified of this guy. If she turns him in for it, and LE interviews him and lets him go, this young lady may get a beating the likes you've never seen........or worse. He killed two girls with his bare hands didn't he ? He may be the sole bread winner of the family, he may have 3 or 4 kids with this woman, she may feel that LE is incapable or unwilling to protect her should she actually turn him in........or..........he/she has already lied to the cops about his actual whereabouts that day. For all we know, BG may be meaner than a snake and twice as slippery.

The most disturbing thing to me is that apparently LE doesn't have any DNA from the crime scene or they could have cleared RL way back in the beginning. Apparently they don't have any fingerprints from the crime scene either, for the very same reason. Without a DNA match, they won't ever convict someone for this crime. A simple DNA test would either include or exclude RL from being at the crime scene, if such evidence existed. Apparently it doesn't. If they had a fingerprint or a palm print, even a partial print, same thing.

If this lack of DNA and fingerprint evidence applies to RL, then it applies to everybody else in the community as well. All they have to really work from is the hope that someone will recognize him and turn him in. I imagine someone has already recognized him and knows it's him, but has either provided a false alibi on his behalf or hasn't called it in at all.

The only way I can see to get around this problem, is for LE to go public and absolutely and positively guarantee the safety of any person who is willing to come forward and put BG at the scene. If this person lied about BG's alibi up to this point, enabling him to walk free..........let it slide. There may have been times in the past when this witness had a situation at home, say a domestic type thing, and LE either let BG off with a warning or didn't really do much at all to help. That kind of internal fear could be a great motivator to keep your mouth shut. If he can kill two young girls with his bare hands, what's to stop him from coming home and exacting the same type of punishment on the wife and kids ? The greatest fear this person might have is that LE will simply interview him and send him back home again. Promising the witness a quarter million dollars doesn't mean much if they aren't going to be alive long enough to spend it.

Was the dump trip made public before today? I check in daily but as usual end up with more questions than answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat