IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped

Were you able to find any case where an elderly person killed two young teens? And if so, in the USA?

Fritzl? The Austrian guy? Wasn't Sandusky in his 70s? You can search the sex offender database and sort by age to see if there are old men with recent convictions.

Fritzl? The Austrian guy? Wasn't Sandusky in his 70s? You can search the sex offender database and sort by age to see if there are old men with recent convictions.

Neither of those two men killed, they were long term sexual abusers.

Did Sandusky kill someone too? I thought it was only the sexual assaults.

Neither of those two men killed, they were long term sexual abusers.

Fritzl was convicted of negligent homicide for killing his grandson in addition to the sex slavery charges.

If you're stating as fact that no elderly men have ever killed a child, back it up with a study or court records.

Fritzl was convicted of negligent homicide for killing his grandson in addition to the sex slavery charges.

If you're stating as fact that no elderly men have ever killed a child, back it up with a study or court records.

Killing an infant by neglect is a bit different to what we have here.

We only know that a reporter spotted girls clothing in the creek. May or may not have been the girls- was not verified further.

You also may be interested in reading the scanner thread.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In one of the earlier threads, someone posted a pic of a pair of shoes by or under the bridge. Has it ever been established if they belonged to one of our girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My big difference is that Iowa hid bodies in wooded area during full bloom. Harder to find when foliage out. Delphi hid bodies in winter, no leaves on trees. Much easier to discover bodies. My profile is about when bodies discovered, not when abducted.

Just my opinion here....but I believe they are related and he has actually gotten much more brazen (mirrored date is important)...broad daylight and leaving them in a ravine which allowed him time to leave scene (and possibly town and/or state). Just a way to show he is in control and police cannot catch him....

My opinion of course

The murder of these two girls is an aberration in every way. I've googled many times to find similar cases with an elderly murderer. As you say, it's very rare.

Anyway, I did happen upon this "fiction novel". It sounds really good and I've added it to my wishlist. $10 is a bit rich for my reading pleasure. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055UTQ4G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante

"A stunning first novel, both literary and thriller, about a retired orthopedic surgeon with dementia, Turn of Mind has already received worldwide attention. With unmatched patience and a pulsating intensity, Alice LaPlante brings us deep into a brilliant woman’s deteriorating mind, where the impossibility of recognizing reality can be both a blessing and a curse."
Off topic, but you can find books for less from www.abebooks.com. great site

No, I thought OP asked about elderly crimes against children. I may have misread.

This ones in Australia -

John Walsh murdered his wife and two grandchildren at his home in Cowra
The 77-year-old is serving two life sentences for the June 2008 triple murder
Walsh bashed his 52 yr old wife with a hammer he named 'Fred' before turning on the kids
He drowned his five-year-old granddaughter and bashed his grandson, seven
He then attacked his police officer daughter when she came to pick up the kids
He also drowned the family dog.
Walsh is accused of killing his cellmate on Monday night with a sandwich press

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-cellmate-death-sandwich-press-prison.html

This ones in Australia -

John Walsh murdered his wife and two grandchildren at his home in Cowra
The 77-year-old is serving two life sentences for the June 2008 triple murder
Walsh bashed his 52 yr old wife with a hammer he named 'Fred' before turning on the kids
He drowned his five-year-old granddaughter and bashed his grandson, seven
He then attacked his police officer daughter when she came to pick up the kids
He also drowned the family dog.
Walsh is accused of killing his cellmate on Monday night with a sandwich press

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-cellmate-death-sandwich-press-prison.html

Yes, I know that case. but I don't think that it has any similarities between a man who murdered his whole family and this case'

Yes, I know that case. but I don't think that it has any similarities between a man who murdered his whole family and this case'

I thought the discussion was about elderly men being capable of murder. John Walsh at 77 yrs has recently killed a fellow prisoner.
Was this murder about a grudge against the girls rather than a sex crime? Idk. But an elderly gent is very capable of killing for the same various reasons applied to younger male killers.

The girls might be more trusting of an elderly man too. I listened recently to the audio and imo, mystery man sounds over 50 yrs at least, even older.

Did John Walsh ever write back on Twitter?

Imo there's a good chance BG's DNA is sitting in an old cold case file.

LE if you're reading I'd go back to these files. Indiana, and of course surrounding states, past 20 years, maybe more IMO! Some old dna samples even used up can be retested; I just saw on CCFiles they swabbed an empty tuuuube of a used up sample and got a match. Obv if those cases are cold the DNA might not help here BUT what if there's an old POI in the case file as I so often see, or even a geographical link to help here...

And check out anyone who's ever been arrested in these parts in the past 20 years.. vagrancy, loitering, drugging, etc etc wouldn't hurt. Whoever killed these girls knows these trails, IMO.

Shot in the dark, if they're 50ish now, what high school would they go to if they lived in this neighborhood? Or elementary? Maybe they just visited as a kid...property records...man sux bc maybe there's no documented link of anything...for all we know he visited someone here, etc.

When I watched the 45 min copter footage those houses clearly stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member