IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those that have been transcribing the files have been doing a great job of making the transcripts very accessible and understandable. Try reading the actual transcripts and ugnoring the periphereal stuff.

Where could one find the transcripts? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping off my post.

It appears they have arrested someone in connection to this attack.

What is interesting is it happened on a Monday afternoon and the suspect looks similar to BG, IMHO. There is a picture of the suspect in the article below. Look at the nose, the mustache and the hair.

[FONT=&]Police said MG was identified as a suspect early on in the investigation and confessed after being interviewed by detectives Tuesday, to attack and another unsolved attack like it.
[/FONT]
http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-charged-in-illinois-prairie-path-attack/1917137/
Heard on your link:

"...DuPage County (Sherrif's) Deputies say that (Matthew, 31, of Winfield, IL) Grover is a local gymnastics coach
a045.gif
in the area, and they believe there may be more victims out there..."

Matthew Grover has admitted to attacking a woman on the Illinois Prairie Path Monday afternoon (article from 4/25/17) and "another unsolved attack like it".

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-charged-in-illinois-prairie-path-attack/1917137/

>>>snip

...Additionally, police said detectives uncovered at least three other incidents where Grover allegedly either approached or followed women in neighboring jurisdictions. Those incidents are under investigation by their local agencies...

<<<snip

Yikes. A gymnastics teacher who preys on unsuspecting young women, grabbing them from behind, on a walking trail. With a fat nose! Only about 2.5 hours from Delphi, IN.

I think those that have been transcribing the files have been doing a great job of making the transcripts very accessible and understandable. Try reading the actual transcripts and ugnoring the periphereal stuff.
Yes, you have! And we thank you for it, too!
a085.gif

Bumping off my post.

It appears they have arrested someone in connection to this attack.

What is interesting is it happened on a Monday afternoon and the suspect looks similar to BG, IMHO. There is a picture of the suspect in the article below. Look at the nose, the mustache and the hair.

[FONT=&amp]Police said MG was identified as a suspect early on in the investigation and confessed after being interviewed by detectives Tuesday, to attack and another unsolved attack like it.
[/FONT]
This is an incident on another trail and the guy is a gymnastic teacher. He is in jail and has been since April on 200k bail I think. He has admitted the attack and one last September.

Sorry I think I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying this guy was arrested for the recent attack with the two perps. Too many trail attacks to keep up with.

I think you are right. Though the murderer could be "semi-local" as in from the larger urban area, or from a deeper rural area, my bet is that statistically, he once lived in the immediate area. At the end of the day, I dont think the area attracts many people who are not local.

"Local",however, can mean living in the area, or having once lived in the area. If the killer is local and still living in the area, I think he would have been identified by now.

If the killer had once lived in the area, I think the police need to do the extensive criminal records search you described for even minor offenses, and also tap local institutional memories regarding "bad news people" whose criminal records may not truly reflect who they are.

For example, a student at my high school could be identified by his formal criminal record as a low level shoplifter / stolen property "fence". A retired teacher or probation officer familiar with him, however, could add that his criminality at the age of 17 went deeper than that and included accusations of arson, deliberate cruelty to siblings, and sexual abuse of a relative.

Active or retired police, teachers, clergy and youth sports coaches would be good sources for institutional memory as they may know more about past residents than the official records state.
I think LE probably requests the PSI (Presentencing Investigation) Report from Parole or Probation to get a summary of the Felon's life, relatives, education, work history etc. on any person they suspect in this case with prior Felony or Misdemeanor charges. It can tell them a lot and all information on there would have been verified by a Probation or Parole Officer prior to submitting it to the Court for Sentencing.

I'm not sure this would fit BG's apparent victim of choice: The men in this case attacked a 21-year-old woman.

From the article in quoted post:
"The incident occurred at 6:15 p.m. Sunday, when a 21-year-old woman told police she was approached by two white men in their 20s near the entrance to a path that connects the Old Plank Road Trail to the Hickory Creek Bikeway east of Schoolhouse Road."

Last night on the HLN special about Serial killer Gary Ridgeway they actually had an interview with him where he said he killed young women because he "hated women and they were easy to control and weak." It took LE 20 years to catch him but it was before all the advances in DNA that Forensics has now. That is why I think the Delphi killer will be arrested soon.

I'm not sure this would fit BG's apparent victim of choice: The men in this case attacked a 21-year-old woman.

From the article in quoted post:
"The incident occurred at 6:15 p.m. Sunday, when a 21-year-old woman told police she was approached by two white men in their 20s near the entrance to a path that connects the Old Plank Road Trail to the Hickory Creek Bikeway east of Schoolhouse Road."

ARS attacked an adult female jogger months prior to abducting and murdering 10 year old Jessica Ridgeway. Jessica Cain's killer also murdered a child. Sometimes they choose a weaker victim.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I still haven't found one case of a man 75+ who randomly chose two girls out on a hike and thought hey, I think I'll murder them today even though I have no history of crimes against children/young teens.

When a spouse cheats and says "it just happened"...like yeah you accidentally fell in the bed together, this is how I feel about the possibility that he just happened to be there and things just happened to accidentally turn out of control and 2 little girls accidentally ended up dead. Moo.

Imo nothing was accidental here. A predator planned, stalked and preyed.

<modsnip>

I think in this case, the BG's prey was female not necessarily teenage female. I think this predator just took whatever female(s) happened along that day as his prey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I finally signed up after lurking on and off for awhile.
I've seen some discussion about the cell phone pings for Liberty's phone.
My question is about the possibility of the suspect's cell phone assuming that he had one and it was on.

If you know the area and time, is it possible/legal to try and identify cell phones based off pings?

Welcome modsiw :)

:welcome4:

The answer to your question is yes, linking an example (in progress):

ETA: Re the unsolved case of our NOCO shooter (see signature for reference):

"The task force would like to share with the public some of its investigative efforts to date.

The task force has processed over 340,385 cell phone numbers, more than 2,550 leads, and conducted over 500 interviews.* Task force investigators have followed up on 748 vehicles and looked at over 100 videos from businesses in the vicinity of these four crimes.10 persons of interest have been identified and cleared by the task force.There are 26 personnel assigned to the task force from the following agencies:
Larimer County Sheriff&#8217;s Office
Windsor Police Department
Weld County Sheriff&#8217;s Office
Larimer County District Attorney&#8217;s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Loveland Police Department
Colorado State Patrol
Fort Collins Police Services
Greeley Police Department
Colorado Bureau of Investigation"

http://larimersheriff.org/press-release/northern-colorado-shooting-task-force-update

Please try to stay on topic, everyone. SA has not been confirmed in this case and the families may be reading here.

Also, a reminder that baiting is against TOS. If you can't post it, then don't hint at it.

Thanks!

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I still haven't found one case of a man 75+ who randomly chose two girls out on a hike and thought hey, I think I'll murder them today even though I have no history of crimes against children/young teens.
my guess is that is difficult to find case on a person of any age who has murdered two girls who were out on a walk on a trail, not just 75 plus.

This was a BOLD crime to go after two victims. You wouldn't think a novice would do that so I am sure LE is looking at single victim crimes that share this signature - whatever that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my guess is that is difficult to find case on a person of age who has murdered two girls who were out on a walk on a trail.

You're only choosing one part of my quote to focus on. I think the second part is truly the main point so I'll post it here again. But I'm still looking for my own curiosity.

"I still haven't found one case of a man 75+ who randomly chose two girls out on a hike and thought hey, I think I'll murder them today even though I have no history of crimes against children/young teens."

So I must need some more coffee this morning. :blushing:

There appears to be 2 attacks on this same path. One in April 2017 and one on June 2, 2017. MG was arrested for the April attack.

Jeezz~~they sure do look alike though.
I think they're two different trails. Old Plank Trail and Illinois Prairie Trail. MG has coughed to two on the Prairie Trail, one of which was last year. Did L and A do gymnastics? I think he may have done some coaching at the University of Illinois. I think it was the state holiday in Illinois for Lincolns birthday on the 13th but I will check. LE should certainly look at him IMO.

I think they're two different trails. Old Plank Trail and Illinois Prairie Trail. MG has coughed to two on the Prairie Trail, one of which was last year. Did L and A do gymnastics? I think he may have done some coaching at the University of Illinois. I think it was the state holiday in Illinois for Lincolns birthday on the 13th but I will check. LE should certainly look at him IMO.
What was the nature of the attacks he was involved in? Has a motive been shared? Just wondering about any similarities.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member