IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally did transcription of presser, please excuse any errors

"Good morning, thank you for showing up. Basically as you all know, we have sent you out an email with two photos in it. We would like you to put both those photos in those when you talk about this case. We want the original photo that was put out earlier and the composite photo. So please, when you are putting out your information we would like all that on there please. Thanks. Introducing a few people that are standing behind me before we get started here. We've got Lt. Tom McKee (sp?) from the Indiana State Police Post LaFayette. Tony Liggett from Carrole County Sherriff Department ,J??? Hammond from the Carrol County Sherriff's department. Jerry Hollman from the Indiana State Police Detective out of the Detectives out of the Layfayette Police department, and Tony Slocum, he's Public Information Officer out of the Peru post.

We're here to talk a little bit about the release that was put out so I'm just basically gonna open it up to questions. I will tell you now, most the information that you have in the news release is about all that can be released at this time, so there's not gonna be anything else real, um exciting that is going to be put out there but I will be happy to take questions and we'll go from there.

Q. How did you have an artist develp this sketch and is the sketch made with the help of eye witness or eye witnesses, or was it made solely from the other picture we have seen?

A. Basically, I can't really answer that question completely. I can tell you it came from the investigations itself, from officers looking into things, to tips and leads that have come in, that people have come forward, we got information from there, and the composite was put together with that information.

Q. Why release the sketch released just today? Did you just get finished, have other people seen this, including the family, now just the right time to release it?

A. This picture was release at this time because we felt it needed to come out, the information needs to be put forward, and we wanted to get it out there so people can look at it, and it has, it has taken a while to get this thing put together and that's why it's taken so long to get the picture out.

Q. In the realm of evidence and leads that you have, how big is this photograph, how much are you counting on this artist's sketch, or photograph of the sketch?

A. It's like anything else like this in a case. Anytime we get something new, or some information out there, we always feel it's important to the case. We feel this is very important because it actually give a better view of the perp, person in the picture that you see down below. It shows a little more facial features, it gives you a little more information on what we're looking at, who the suspect might be, and that's why we feel it's very important that this picture is out there at this time.

Q. What's so striking about this? What is the thing that investigators look at and say “Wow, that's the thing that is gonna make the thing that is gonna make this guy stand out from all the other men walking around.”

A. It's basically just a clearer picture of his face compared to what you saw down below. We've got the information out there, the pictures out there, now we've got this composite that we feel that is, we feel that is the same person, and we just want to make sure that people realize that picture is this person (ED: he's pointing BG, then to sketch) We're hoping that they can get that picture and take that picture and get us some information on a possible suspect.

Q. How confident are you that this is accurate?

A. We're pretty confident. The information was received, with that information we've been able to put that together. Again, this thing wasn't drawn up overnight. We've been working with this picture and with the suspects that we, excuse me, I mean the witnesses that we have, that we put this together so it's not something that we did overnight. This has taken awhile to put this together.

Q. Those witness, did they see him in the area, or did they call the tip line with that information?

A. I really can't go into that 'cause we don't want to compromise the case itself.

Q. Well, when you say witnesses, so multiple people that helped you out?

A. There were people that were able to help us out with this, yes.

Q. A lot of people will say that you guys are releasing this because you are running out of leads, that's not true in this case, right?

A. No, we are still getting anywhere from 5-10 tips a day. We are still getting emails, so it's not something that... this case is not dried up, it's not a cold case, this case if still very active.

Q. If you had not received the tips, we might not have seen this picture in the first place, right?

A. A possibility, yes

Q. What is the attitude of the troops working on this? The fact that there is a composite that is infinitely clearer than the picture that we have been looking at. What is the feeling among the investigators that have been grinding away and working on this for months.

A. Well, anytime that you get new information officers are always excited about that information. It kinda builds up their confidence on the case itself. With this information here, we're really, you know,
it really excites them, lets them know that people are still caring about this case and people are still interested. And we can get somebody to come forward with more information, if we can get a name, or at least a location of this subject, that would be great, but officers have never really gotten down on this case. I think they've, they are flustrated maybe, but as far as solving this thing, it's something that's never, we've always thought like we would solve this case.

Q. Who made sketch??? specific in here??? have you talked with those witnesses to come up with an exact look of this person?

A. It's basically just been a cumulation of all the departments have come together and we have put this composite together.

A. In the release you talk about not to focus on the hat, it may not be accurate. Can you talk a little about that so people at home …?

A. As you can see, the original picture below it appears that he's got a hat on and it's got the flaps down
and kind of down over the face. We want to make sure you focus on the picture. We want to make sure the face is what you are looking at and not worry about the hat even though the hat does is not quite the same as in the picture. We want the facial features, is what we want you to look at.

Q. If someone does recognizes this person, what should they do?

A. They can call the tip line, or they can email us.

Q. In the release you mentioned some things exactly such as the hair color, can you talk about this at this time

A. Basically, the hair color is a reddish brown. She was, the person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but sh.., the person said it was definitely not blue. She was very obvious..., the person was very obviously not blue eyes, but they did mention that they were not clear on what color it was.

Q. So there are people out there who are sure that are sure they saw this guy walking around this day and they helped you out, it that?

A. Pretty much that's what it is, yes.

Q. Did those people come forward right away, or did it take a little time for those people to come forward.

A. It's been a while. It took a little bit, people are scared, they are afraid to be recognized by the subject, so, it just takes a while for these things to happened. Like I said, the picture did not come overnight, we've been working on this for a while

Q. To you think this guy is still around the Delphi area, or you think he's in a different state?

A. That's what I hope this is all about.

Q. We've heard many times that somebody out there probably knows something, and is really driving home the point today to make sure you call no mater how little it may be, especially if you recognize this person.?

A. That's what we want, we want people to call in and give us information. Anybody that can give us an identification on this subject, or knows where the subject might be, that would be great, we would appreciate any information that we can get.

Q. So still have that voice, and you've posted that picture, and you have this other. So really three pieces of solid evidence that people can work with so that's gotta be a big development for the community today.

A. That is correct. We are really excited about the information being put out there. The dectectives and all the investigators that are involved are just basically waiting for the phones to ring.

Q. Will any more information or video be released from the cell phone that Libby had that day?

A. There's....I'm not going to comment on that, I don't wanna compromise that case.

Q. Just to be clear, do you know this man's identity and you are not releasing it, or you don't know who this guys identity?

A. We want to know who he is.

Q. Do you know.???.county and I know you said that....??? somebody around this area knows who he is and will possibly call in... (Cannot understand)

A. We are hoping somebody knows from wherever, we don't care where it's from, we just want to be able to find somebody that can identify this subject and can give us information on him.

Q. Any search warrants that are going to come now that you have released this person's picture, anything else developing after you put this picture out today?

A. We gotta just do the investigation at that point in time and see what happens

Anything else..............

THE END"

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-29/20219883_1750738964955019_2524602508395937792_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InNkIn0%3D&oh=42f1c6b5793b39569e6f3a016126bda9&oe=596D0FA3

We've been working with this picture and with the suspects that we, excuse me, I mean the witnesses that we have,

I find that statement very telling....they have been working with the suspects? My opinion only....but they know their man and yes put it out on a mirrored date just to make him queasy. Maybe gathering evidence (because non-violent offender and no DNA in system)....just putting a little light pressure on him.

My opinion only!!

LE might have no idea who he is, or they may know more than they are letting on.

I say this because I recall during the investigation into the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, LE put out a photo of a vehicle. They asked for anyone knowing someone who owns/drives a vehicle similar to it to come forward. Later, we found out it was the actual vehicle and LE knew all alone who owned and drove it.

It is possible they have an idea who this suspect is but they want someone to say something that gives credence to their suspicions.

Yeah, I agree with that completely. I've read all kinds of stuff regarding profiling (Book called Mind Hunter), where they used all kinds of little tricks to catch people - from events giving out tokens of remembrance (seeing who pics up a bracelet, flower, etc.) to using behavioral profiles to get warrants to get into a house, to using props during interrogations (putting exact same knife or rope on table) during questioning. It's good to know they think outside the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Got it. And wow; jdd resembles that sketch enough to give me a stomach ache [emoji17]

ETA: I think this person resembles the sketch based on images I saw when googling the name. But this link lists eyes as blue so maybe not.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I should have said that photo of him at the link I shared is not recent it was to give you his name from a proper source.

We've been working with this picture and with the suspects that we, excuse me, I mean the witnesses that we have,

I find that statement very telling....they have been working with the suspects? My opinion only....but they know their man and yes put it out on a mirrored date just to make him queasy. Maybe gathering evidence (because non-violent offender and no DNA in system)....just putting a little light pressure on him.

My opinion only!!

Watch the presser again and tell me what you think of the body language. I am not sure if LE was nervous/excited or felt overwhelmed with keeping some stuff private with out the intent to share this am but I think, JMO, that LE knows more than they said today. And that is good because we are not privy to every single detail.

The families said they became aware of the sketch last Thursday.

“I think them putting out the best possible information is the right way to go – I don’t care how long it takes to get the person responsible as long as it is done the right way,” said Anna Williams, Abby’s mother. “That’s what we’re asking for is for people to keep praying and to keep believing that God’s got this.”

At Libby’s grandparents’ house are lit orange light bulbs outside their door. Family said they will be turned off when an arrest is made, and they hope the sketch will lead the way.

“We were quite surprised how detailed this picture was,” said Becky Patty, Libby’s grandmother. “It looks like a picture I’m sure there’s enough for somebody to identify this guy.”

Indiana State Police said they still receive tips each day.

"This case is not dried up," said Sgt. Kim Riley. "It's not a cold case. This case is still very active."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/families-of-delphi-girls-hope-sketch-will-lead-to-arrest

This person must have seen him fairly close to no the eyes were not blue, imo.

I have to wonder if this did not come from DNA. One of the first things I was given when I submitted my DNA the first time was an incredible match of my eye color right down the the center hints of amber. It was amazing.

Someone has already put JDD's mug shot beside the sketch and said he's a suspect in the Delphi murders. He does resemble the sketch but I don't think it's right to take that leap on Facebook and actually attach his name to the sketch.

How do we know that JDD is AWOL?

Sorry I should have said that photo of him at the link I shared is not recent it was to give you his name from a proper source. Apparently JDD is awol and has failed to register as a sex offender.

According to JDD FB page, he appears to be much older than the sketch IMO. Looks as if his facial hair would be partly gray.

I hope Websleuths poster 'gliding' doesn't mind my editing their quote to focus on sketch of BG.

I understand this sketch is a blending of light & dark shading to bring attention to prominent features of BG. Focusing on the bridge of his nose continuing down the right side of his nose does not appear symmetrical. This could be from his nose being broken or a slight scarring on the right side of his nose from an injury.

Or, I have looked at this sketch so long next I will claim he is a lizard alien from outer space. :crazy:

Thanks for reading my post. I welcome any comments.

:cow:
]
attachment.php

I have to wonder if this did not come from DNA. One of the first things I was given when I submitted my DNA the first time was an incredible match of my eye color right down the the center hints of amber. It was amazing.

Wow that is amazing for sure!!!

Secondly, to not add additional small posts, I'll ask an unrelated question here...how many of us out of state have seen a news report on your local afternoon , evening or nightly news? TOledo, Ohio stations have been showing the new sketch since noon. just curious how many areas non local to Indiana are covering this .

Wow that is amazing for sure!!!

Secondly, to not add additional small posts, I'll ask an unrelated question here...how many of us out of state have seen a news report on your local afternoon , evening or nightly news? TOledo, Ohio stations have been showing the new sketch since noon. just curious how many areas non local to Indiana are covering this .

It went national right away today. Every major media outlet had the sketch and stories posted on their web sites.

The families said they became aware of the sketch last Thursday.

“I think them putting out the best possible information is the right way to go – I don’t care how long it takes to get the person responsible as long as it is done the right way,” said Anna Williams, Abby’s mother. “That’s what we’re asking for is for people to keep praying and to keep believing that God’s got this.”

At Libby’s grandparents’ house are lit orange light bulbs outside their door. Family said they will be turned off when an arrest is made, and they hope the sketch will lead the way.

“We were quite surprised how detailed this picture was,” said Becky Patty, Libby’s grandmother. “It looks like a picture I’m sure there’s enough for somebody to identify this guy.”

Indiana State Police said they still receive tips each day.

"This case is not dried up," said Sgt. Kim Riley. "It's not a cold case. This case is still very active."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/families-of-delphi-girls-hope-sketch-will-lead-to-arrest

Interesting.

Last night ( danish time) I sent a tips to police about a man (who is the brother of a Delphi sex offender)
who IMO looks like the sketch. And after I found this man, I found that on Familytreenow.com the man is listed as a "Possible Associates" with Becky M Patty, Libby German's grandmother ."
(NB: I am, by that last piece of info, in no way whatsoever indicating that Becky M Patty had anything to do with the crime)

Someone has already put JDD's mug shot beside the sketch and said he's a suspect in the Delphi murders. He does resemble the sketch but I don't think it's right to take that leap on Facebook and actually attach his name to the sketch.

How do we know that JDD is AWOL?

Sorry I made a mistake I should not have typed that. When we were looking at sex offender mugshots months back I believe it said online that he had failed to register. I don't know what his current status is and if his whereabouts are known or not.

So, if a certain person was brought in for questioning AND a DNA sample was taken, wouldn't LE know whether or not he was involved in the crime IF the perp did, in fact, leave some type of DNA at the crime scene?

IMO, I don't think it's him. The neckline is off, the nose is too narrow on BW and the beard is too full.

Yes, and the police would have checked with the witness to see if it was BW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn't the blog author who put that mugshot and sketch together on facebook that I saw. It's being shared an awful lot (12,000+) without actual proof that he's the person in the sketch,

CAN YOU IMAGINE someone actually saw him. Wow!
Also, interesting the police said they are pretty confident the sketch is accurate....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LE might have no idea who he is, or they may know more than they are letting on.

I say this because I recall during the investigation into the disappearance of Sierra LaMar, LE put out a photo of a vehicle. They asked for anyone knowing someone who owns/drives a vehicle similar to it to come forward. Later, we found out it was the actual vehicle and LE knew all along who owned and drove it.

It is possible they have an idea who this suspect is but they want someone to say something that gives credence to their suspicions.

Same thing with Yingying Zhang - by the time they released the vehicle they had already found it and focused on BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea