IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

There are similarities. I wish we knew if the witness has been shown photos of persons of interest and ruled them out.

One thing about the presser that actually was surprising to me, was that they did NOT mention the award amount.

:confused:

Why wouldn't they want the media to have that highlighted? I'm sure (well, not really, but would expect!) the FBI also is involved with this presser behind the scenes, and would have told them to reinforce the award of.. ? it's up to $230,000.00???

Maybe LE is surmising that the persons(s) who know the perp aren't reporting what they know for other reasons. Could be a sense of denial that the friend, relative, co-worker, etc. couldn't possibly be the perp. If it's strong psychological denial keeping a witness silent, perhaps no amount of money will convince them to do the right thing. But putting out a detailed drawing and physical description might be enough to get through to them.

I'm 100% convinced someone out there knows who this is. They just have to come forward and face facts, as difficult as it might be.

The Monon flashers were big news down here in Indy. If LE haven't thoroughly checked them out, I would be shocked and amazed.

We also recently had a couple of teen gropers on the trail down here, too.

This sketch seems so detailed that I wonder if it could be run with facial recognition software. Is there such a thing? Can the sketch be run against mugshots?

Also, a question in regards to this case. Is it normal for Websleuths to shut down a thread until there is more information. This is the first I have seen of it.

It happens. The DeOrr Kunz Jr thread was shut down for quite a while if I remember correctly. The Toni Anderson thread was also shut down until there was more information; more info came available; it was briefly opened back up, and was (and is currently as far as the last time I checked) shut down again. The mods have legitimate reasons when they shut down a thread imo.
HTH

ETA: the two threads that I mentioned above are just the two examples I thought of off the top of my head due to following them closely. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe LE is surmising that the persons(s) who know the perp aren't reporting what they know for other reasons. Could be a sense of denial that the friend, relative, co-worker, etc. couldn't possibly be the perp. If it's strong psychological denial keeping a witness silent, perhaps no amount of money will convince them to do the right thing. But putting out a detailed drawing and physical description might be enough to get through to them.

I'm 100% convinced someone out there knows who this is. They just have to come forward and face facts, as difficult as it might be.
I was struck by this comment: "It took a little bit, people are scared, they are afraid to be recognized by the subject, so, it just takes a while for these things to happen."

That sounds to me like the subject might be known to be dangerous.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Also, a question in regards to this case. Is it normal for Websleuths to shut down a thread until there is more information. This is the first I have seen of it.

We rarely shut down a discussion BUT it all depends on the members.

In Abby and Libby's case, there was no new news for so long that the discussion became contentious. There was nothing new to talk about so members start attacking each other.

Our mods are volunteers. When a case has nothing new and the mods are wasting their time trying to keep members from attacking each other it's time to shut down the discussion until something new happens. I want to stress it is not all members of course but it is enough to force us to shut down the discussion.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION ON THIS THREAD. LET'S DISCUSS ABBY AND LIBBY CASE. TIME OUTS WILL BE ISSUED IF YOU CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THREADS CLOSING.

If you have any questions you can email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks

I was struck by this comment: "It took a little bit, people are scared, they are afraid to be recognized by the subject, so, it just takes a while for these things to happen."

Yep, also a possibility. In that situation, the monetary reward may not be enough to motivate a neighbor/friend/relative. I sure hope they do the right thing and make the call to LE.

I'm so so so happy to see movement in this case!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if one of the witnesses who eventually came forward knows or is at least acquainted with the man who they suspect to be BG. Thus maybe more fearful about coming forward.

Am I the only one struggling to figure out how tips from the public led to this?

The only thing I can think of is a witness came forward, with a very good memory? Maybe they had been overseas, idk I'm struggling with that too kadoobs

Did they say somewhere there that day helped with the sketch? Is that what I understood???

Didn't a woman come forward at the beginning that said she saw a man and a couple on the trail that day?

there was a woman who posted (on FB, I believe) who reported seeing a lone man and also a couple. Perhaps she was one of the people who contributed to this composite, or she had more info than we thought. We were discussing it around this post from thread #31:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-31&p=13237895#post13237895

IMO, I don't think it's him. The neckline is off, the nose is too narrow on BW and the beard is too full.

I don't think witnesses typically sit face-to-face with a perp long enough to analyze their features with a fine tooth comb.

JMO, he looks too thin. BW seems to have a runner's build. The perp in the crime scene photo doesn't look like a runner to me, but I could be wrong.

Agreed, I hope people don't turn BW into the next RL, we all know how that turned out.

I wonder if one of the witnesses who eventually came forward knows or is at least acquainted with the man who they suspect to be BG. Thus maybe more fearful about coming forward.

That's my thought too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member