IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT="]"Detectives say the hat the man is wearing in the sketch was not drawn to the description so that they could better show off the man’s facial features."
I suspected as much.What was it about his hat that made them change it?Obviously it wasn't covering his face so what made them put out a sketch that doesn't match witness description?[/FONT]

I understand why they wanted to show off his facial features more, but in MHO using a different cap was not a good move. They could have used the same type of cap and indicated they drew the "tilt" differently to expose more of the face. I know guys that you can spot a mile away by their signature caps. Even ball caps all have their own distinct shape depending on the manufacturer and design.

Don't agree with this approach, but I'm just an armchair amateur.
I'm starting to think that whatever was on that cap might be somewhat inflammatory...

[FONT="]"Detectives say the hat the man is wearing in the sketch was not drawn to the description so that they could better show off the man’s facial features."
I suspected as much.What was it about his hat that made them change it?Obviously it wasn't covering his face so what made them put out a sketch that doesn't match witness description?[/FONT]
Maybe there is a logo on his hat that LE is trying to keep under wraps? It is possible they photoshopped it out?

Maybe there is a logo on his hat that LE is trying to keep under wraps? It is possible they photoshopped it out?
But why? As rosesfromangels stated,some people can spot folks based on such things.If you look at it from a locals perspective,they could very well say "insert name here..wears a hat just like that. It just seems to me that for LE to put out a sketch of a murderer,they would actually want to put it out accurately based on witness description.Otherwise,why have witnesses? It just seems irresponsible to me but as the name implies I'm no Sherlock.

No I don't think we are allowed to talk about Liberty's dad here given he is a victim of this terrible crime. I believe it would be against Websluths TOS for us to do so.
Just one point I would like to make about this new timeline. If BG was on the bridge at 2.30 (Libby's video stills) and DG called at 3.11 and got no answer that is only 41 minutes. Also, as no-one saw BG then it is even more likely he left via the cemetery IMO.

But why? As rosesfromangels stated,some people can spot folks based on such things.If you look at it from a locals perspective,they could very well say "insert name here..wears a hat just like that. It just seems to me that for LE to put out a sketch of a murderer,they would actually want to put it out accurately based on witness description.Otherwise,why have witnesses? It just seems irresponsible to me but as the name implies I'm no Sherlock.
Maybe it is a very common logo like NY or Nike or something and so would bring in too many useless tips. JMO

Maybe it is a very common logo like NY or Nike or something and so would bring in too many useless tips. JMO
Could be,but wouldn't it make more sense to put the accurate hat on to get the overall look of the person and just let the artist not put the logo in the sketch?

Not enough water for a john boat... let alone even a kayak. This is a creek not a river. Very oddly out of place and too many places to have to get out and carry the boat thru the ripples.

Plus the levels vary quite a bit.

I think they just wanted ppl to see his face. They dont know if he has alot of hair or is balding so they compromised. I dont think there is a logo on the hat.

I think they just wanted ppl to see his face. They dont know if he has alot of hair or is balding so they compromised. I dont think there is a logo on the hat.

My take on his appearance is he wanted to be as nondescript as possible.

As LE has noted, his general appearance doesn't reveal much (I'm paraphrasing).

JMO

I agree.
The last thing LE needs is a gazillion tips and people making it about the possible logo on the hat, and not the person under the hat. JMO

I wish they would release the video at least showing us his gait. Some people are so easily identified from a distance by their walking manner (myself included!) JMO

Could be,but wouldn't it make more sense to put the accurate hat on to get the overall look of the person and just let the artist not put the logo in the sketch?
I thought that it was a hat with flaps which hid the hair and ears so that was why they changed it. I.e. a winter hat which he won't be wearing in July and August. But as they don't know if he is bald or not they stuck the flat cap on him. They didn't expect the hat inquisition. We are supposed to be looking at the face, hair etc aren't we?

Plus the levels vary quite a bit.
The levels were quite high then I believe due to snow melting. If you look at the helicopter footage of the searchers going across the creek with linked arms you can see the depth very well - waist and armpit height a lot of the time.

I understand why they wanted to show off his facial features more, but in MHO using a different cap was not a good move. They could have used the same type of cap and indicated they drew the "tilt" differently to expose more of the face. I know guys that you can spot a mile away by their signature caps. Even ball caps all have their own distinct shape depending on the manufacturer and design.

Don't agree with this approach, but I'm just an armchair amateur.
I'm starting to think that whatever was on that cap might be somewhat inflammatory...

Yep i agree. Even I am one of those people who can be picked out at a far distance because i wear a partucular cap daily. Its old, worn, faded in spots, shaped perfectly to my head from years of daily wear. Its like my trademark. I think they definitely should have used the exact style of hat they believe he most likely wore because that could help identify him in conjunction with all the other identifying factors they released.

And yes, BP did confirm alot of info, she did a question and answer session on a private FB group and PMed some people. She has been very active in helping as much as she can. There were definitely things she could not reply to because LE told her/the family not to. But she definitely did answer a lot that was helpful!!

There has been quite a lot of discussion, across many threads, regarding the size of the area in question.

Several members have posted great images to give folks a feel for the area, and the distances involved. I just created a handy image using Google Satellite View, which shows the rough distances involved, give or take.

attachment.php

If you click on the attachment, you may use your browser's zoom option after the image opens up in a new tab.

Hope this helps. Even 6 months later I'm still picking up stuff here and there that surprises me.

If you follow the lines, I believe this is the general path taken by our perp, although I used the SE end of the bridge as a starting point for this reference. The CS area below the cemetery is where I believe BG was waiting for a victim or possible victims to cross the bridge. There, he had "concealment", to use a military term.

My BG then walks to the NW end, roughly along the path shown above, I believe when the girls were at the SE end, already. He starts his walk across the bridge, albeit a "hurried" walk, would take under 4 minutes for a healthy adult.

The scenario in the image is how I think it went down, and if you look at the distance from the CS to the south end of the cemetery, it's less than the distance from the SE end of the bridge to the CS. The entire path is less than 3/4 of a mile, the path in the image plus the path to the cemetery. The path from the CS, to the bridge, across the bridge, and back to the CS is less than a half mile!

JMO
. .

Attachments

• Delphi murders distances.jpg
    Delphi murders distances.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 426
6 months....will we be here like this in another 6 months...? :(

My thought for the day is IF BG resides in Indiana, and works in Indiana, then maybe he has put in a transfer with his company (or quit). While the coverage of this case is nationwide (and international), I would think he would he would think he needs to get the heck out of Indiana in order to maximize the aspect of potential jurisdictional blindness, both of LE and the public.

So, has he maybe slipped into Canada? Alaska? Off shore? Or just another state? The heat is high in IN. Again, this is IF he is/was a resident. I don't think he was expecting the capturing of photo/video and voice recording, so he may very well have suddenly had to come up with a Plan B on the fly.

I wonder who may have suddenly quit their job.

Regarding the hat, perhaps we have several witnesses with conflicting info.. hat with flaps, hat without flaps, cap etc.. Even among LE they may differ what the man is wearing. Consensus is, he is wearing some kind of a hat. So they drew some kind of a hat.

All IMO

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members