IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if a media tour was organised in the States and the sketch was shown on every show possible across America until people were fed up seeing it. The view would be good as it mostly has a female audience and I think woman are more likely to recognise him than a man is.This monster needs removing from the streets.

I just hope he isn't revelling in being known as the 'Snapchat Killer'. The clock is ticking on his freedom.
Imagine his reaction when he saw his picture and heard his own voice? He must be on the run.

The message is
Do the Right Thing.
If you know the Voice, the picture or the composite. Pick the phone up or email and call it in. Help these girls and their families get justice.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786. Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413. Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

By what he said could he be implying that BG simply murdered them (and nothing else) when he said "That's a fact" ? JMO

Everything he said in that quote is a fact.
If there was a SA. He wouldn't be able to say that. He wants to protect the integrity of the investigation. Also mentioned earlier in the article.

I thought the same as you when I first read the article. But after I thought about it. I'd imagine MP is choosing his words carefully for the sake of the investigation. All my own opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP actually said " I think he is a predator, and he isolated these girls on that bridge and took advantage of their innocence and simply murdered them. That's a Fact!" http://www.wthr.com/article/families-of-murdered-delphi-teens-to-appear-on-dr-oz

KR
Reacher

I am sure you meant MP (Mike Patty). And thanks for the quote. Just jumping off it for a bit.
He stated the facts that we know. It's a simple fact that this predator cornered the girls on the bridge, took control of them and ultimately murdered them.
Those are the facts - he murdered them, period. What happened in between we don't know. What's on the recording we don't know other than the 3 words.
The COD is homicide, the Manner of Death we don't know.
As near as I can tell during all these threads is that the family doesn't know any more than the public. They have said so on the official FB pages and in the news. From the link -
"Libby German's grandfather says he talks with police at least once a week, but says he doesn't know much more than the public."
LE let the families hear the girls' chatter to each other about the man behind them and some regular girl talk. That's all and the autopsy report has been sealed by the court. It's in the media thread.

If MP wants to break it down to those facts, He cornered them, Controlled them, and Murdered them, then that is the fact. It doesn't mean something else.

I do not think he is throwing out cryptic clues like bread crumbs looking for people to pick up on and then start imaginative scenarios because of the word "simply".

JMO

I am sure you meant MP (Mike Patty). You are right I meant MP not DP

And thanks for the quote.Thats OK

Just jumping off it for a bit. No problems,

He stated the facts that we know. It's a simple fact that this predator cornered the girls on the bridge, took control of them and ultimately murdered them. That is not what MP said

Those are the facts - he murdered them, period. What happened in between we don't know. What's on the recording we don't know other than the 3 words.

The COD is homicide, the Manner of Death we don't know.Agreed

As near as I can tell during all these threads is that the family doesn't know any more than the public. They have said so on the official FB pages and in the news. From the link - LE let the families hear the girls' chatter to each other about the man behind them and some regular girl talk. That's all and the autopsy report has been sealed by the court. It's in the media thread.

If MP wants to break it down to those facts, He cornered them, Controlled them, and Murdered them, then that is the fact. It doesn't mean something else.

I do not think he is throwing out cryptic clues like bread crumbs looking for people to pick up on and then start imaginative scenarios because of the word "simply".

No-one is throwing out cryptic clues they simply quoted what was said Thank You.

JMO

KR Reacher

I am sure you meant MP (Mike Patty). And thanks for the quote. Just jumping off it for a bit.
He stated the facts that we know. It's a simple fact that this predator cornered the girls on the bridge, took control of them and ultimately murdered them.
The COD is homicide, the Manner of Death we don't know.
As near as I can tell during all these threads is that the family doesn't know any more than the public. They have said so on the official FB pages and in the news. From the link - LE let the families hear the girls' chatter to each other about the man behind them and some regular girl talk. That's all and the autopsy report has been sealed by the court. It's in the media thread.

JMO
"Took advantage."

I'm so glad this is happening. The more this case is in the public eye, the better.

I thought there were a lot of interesting quotes from the family in that article. Obviously without hearing the entire context of the remarks it's hard to read too much into them but I was struck by two things. Mike Patty's comment "took advantage of their innocence" and Anna Williams' appeal at the end of the article - "mother to mother, sister to sister, daughter to daughter." A definite, specific appeal to a woman in BG's life who may suspect or know something about him.

That's backward...cause of death-we don't know...it hasn't been released
Manner of death: homicide

I'm on the west coast. Driving to work this morning I noticed a man walking. He had his head somewhat down, nose looked spread, hands in his pockets, reddish brownish straight hair (kinda long for a man) with a baseball cap on. He also looked "weathered". I couldn't help but think of BG. I couldn't tell his height or eye color tho. He looked more like around 50 to me. If I were closer to the midwest I would have called this one in! Anyway, thought I'd comment about it.

Yes, "took advantage of their innocence".

Do you think LE would release to the family if they think SA occurred?

Re the "took advantage of their innocence" to me means it wasnt a random encounter. You don't need to be innocent to be randomly murdered in a park-- you need to be innocent to trust someone you shouldn't trust.

IMO

That's backward...cause of death-we don't know...it hasn't been released
Manner of death: homicide

I see that, thank you ; Seems I knew that before.

Do not confuse cause and manner of death

Cause of death is the disease or the injury that killed the person: heart disease, appendicitis, stab wound, etc. Manner of death is a classification of the cause of death that is separated into five categories: natural (for disease), accident, suicide, homicide or undetermined. It is incorrect to say "the cause of death was natural" or "a motor vehicle accident" because that means you are conflating cause and manner. It would be better to write "the manner of death was natural" or that "death was caused by trauma from the motor vehicle accident."

https://www.forensicmag.com/article/2015/09/7-common-mistakes-regarding-autopsy-reports

We get these confused quite often on cases. Here is a helpful read;

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-l...tigation/cause-mechanism-and-manner-of-death/

Sorry to quote my own post

• The only way you could control two teenagers is from behind with some sort of weapon they were frightened of) and not from in front. (Unless of course there were two perpetrators) or they trusted the person directing them.

KR Reacher

If they trusted the person, and they knew him, wouldn't they have said his name? If he had something like a police badge, wouldn't that be mentioned in audio? I mean, that could be info withheld from the public I guess, but seems unlikely

If they trusted the person, and they knew him, wouldn't they have said his name? If he had something like a police badge, wouldn't that be mentioned in audio? I mean, that could be info withheld from the public I guess, but seems unlikely

That's an interesting speculation, and one that crossed my mind fleetingly. Perhaps originally they thought they were being caught for walking on a dangerous bridge and were going to be reprimanded. Perhaps they thought this guy was some bridge or park authority. Kids, especially girls, are so compliant to authority.
This speculation aside, they were more likely compliant because they had a gun pointed at them.
Regardless, the outcome was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member