IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me DN doesn't jump out at me and the only similarities I see are 2 eyes, a nose and a goatee. JMO

Snipped for space.

BBM: I've been thinking the same thing for hours now, but hoping I'm wrong.

Snipped for space.

BBM: I've been thinking the same thing for hours now, but hoping I'm wrong.

I recall listening to the audio when it first was released - and though it was only a few words, some people heard a southern accent. He is from the south. Anyone from his area care to comment if the accent sounds like this homestate?

jmo

You're welcome Lilibet. I just posted on David's thread to give it a nudge. It may be something or it may be nothing. I have always been in the camp that Abby & Libby were not BG's first time taking life from someone. We will see soon enough where it all leads. Hopefully to justice and closure for hurting families.
Thanks for bringing forth David Grubbs’ murder. His case is local to me and I would love to see it solved! I saw David at his work a couple of hours before he was murdered. :(

Ashland is right off Interstate 5 and it’s possible the killer was someone passing through. Over the years, I’ve turned in a few possible suspects to local police based on the weapon used and I know they keep an eye out for other cases nationally. IIRC In David’s case the weapon was determined to be something like a machete or a sword, not a hatchet, however. But it’s worth keeping an eye on this guy’s past as it is revealed.

For reasons yet to be fully explained, Colorado investigators noticed “similarities” between the shooting of the mountain biker and the deaths of 13 year old Abby Williams and 14 year old Liberty German. They went missing on February 13th. Their bodies were found February 14th on the American Hiking Trail near Delphi.

http://wane.com/2017/09/28/possible-break-in-delphi-double-homicide/

Nations is listed on the Indiana Sex and Violent Offender website. He was originally convicted of indecent exposure in South Carolina in 2007.

Please look at photos at link, if someone could post that would be great.

As per TOS, do not make direct accusations against this individual.

Also a reminder NOT to post pics of this individual or side-by-side comparison to the sketch. Obviously there are pics out there and you can link to them, but as LE had specifically requested that they not be shown, let's respect that. Just because MSM doesn't respect that request doesn't mean Websleuths shouldn't.

It seems to me like a very bold move to publicize a possible link between DN & Abby and Libby. I think back to Ron Logan and I guess I can see the location link but I don’t recall any other media mentions of possible POIs. I suppose it’s just me being impatient wanting to know how significant this possible development could be.
I think back to RL too and while he was being paraded at court this guy seemingly slipped off the radar in April and May . I think they were right to check RSO's but how did he get overlooked while RL got three years?

This article states he is from Chesnee, SC. That is about 30 miles from my work. Will be interesting to see if local news picks up the story and what history they come up with.

Does the way the perp says, "Down the hill" sound like a local accent to you??

I recall listening to the audio when it first was released - and though it was only a few words, some people heard a southern accent. He is from the south. Anyone from his area care to comment if the accent sounds like this homestate?

jmo

I am from NC, but work about 30 miles from his hometown (according to one news report) of Chesnee, SC. I listened to that audio again and I can't conclusively say he has a local accent. It's possible, but not very strong Southern accent. He could also have a unique accent from traveling around and being in the Marines. I think people tend to pick up the accent from where they are sometimes. I had relatives move from NC to Washington state and in about a year's time, their Southern accent was gone.

I am still catching up so would someone answer these questions please?

How did the national media get the information that there may be a connection to this guy about Abby and Libby's murder? Were they alerted by an unnamed source that an arrest in CO may be connected to the girls?

Has it said what part of Indiana he was from on his expired license plates?

He may not have had to use a gun against the girls. The hatchet would frighten them terribly if he threatened them with it to get them to go down the hill. Since we still do not know how the girls were killed it could have been by a gun or some other bludgeoning weapon like a short handled hatchet which would be easy to conceal under a coat.

TIA

Because Colorado (teller county) can set bail at 2k, but as soon as he bonded out, he'd just be sent to another jurisdiction to face those charges.
TY for putting my mind at rest. So essentially he will have a choice of sitting in jail in CO or paying $2k to be released into Johnson County IN jurisdiction? Maybe we should pass the hat to get him back to IN?

As per TOS, do not make direct accusations against this individual.

Also a reminder NOT to post pics of this individual or side-by-side comparison to the sketch. Obviously there are pics out there and you can link to them, but as LE had specifically requested that they not be shown, let's respect that. Just because MSM doesn't respect that request doesn't mean Websleuths shouldn't.

I didn't know LE requested that.

Curious, what was the difference between this guy and the property owner were the girls were found.

TIA

I am still catching up so would someone answer these questions please?

How did the national media get the information that there may be a connection to this guy about Abby and Libby's murder? Were they alerted by an unnamed source that an arrest in CO may be connected to the girls?

Has it said what part of Indiana he was from on his expired license plates?

He may not have had to use a gun against the girls. The hatchet would frighten them terribly if he threatened them with it to get them to go down the hill. Since we still do not know how the girls were killed it could have been by a gun or some other bludgeoning weapon like a short handled hatchet which would be easy to conceal under a coat.

TIA
He lived in Greenwood. Daaey on here called the FBI after seeing his mug but Co alerted the FBI too I understand because of the plates and the outstanding warrant.
I assume local media picked it up from the arrest sheet issued by LE.

I am so very very hopeful that this is the day! Candles for Libby and Abby [emoji177][emoji177]

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

I am from NC, but work about 30 miles from his hometown (according to one news report) of Chesnee, SC. I listened to that audio again and I can't conclusively say he has a local accent. It's possible, but not very strong Southern accent. He could also have a unique accent from traveling around and being in the Marines. I think people tend to pick up the accent from where they are sometimes. I had relatives move from NC to Washington state and in about a year's time, their Southern accent was gone.

Thank you! Any info/insight is helpful. So, the audio does not rule him OUT.

jmo

The fact that they've been holding the manner of death in this case quiet has always had me thinking they were killed in a way that is not "normal". In other words I've always thought it was unfortunately gruesome. We hear of people getting murdered all the time by shootings and stabbings. So in my mind I had ruled that out. But when a hatchet was mentioned I immediately felt sick and thought back to the picture that many thought he had a gun in his pocket. I never thought it was a gun but something else I couldn't identify.

He lived in Greenwood. Daaey on here called the FBI after seeing his mug but Co alerted the FBI too I understand because of the plates and the outstanding warrant.
I assume local media picked it up from the arrest sheet issued by LE.

Thank you. How far is Greenwood from the murder scene for Abby and Libby? Do we know how long he lived there and was he living in Greenwood when the girls were murdered? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea