IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the day when I heard the recording, I was on a Mac. Now I heard it again on a PC.

On the Mac, the word "hill" had a slight tilt and southern cadence to it. As others have stated, the Midwest has so many different dialects. Some super small, some not so small. I'm from mid state Illinois, but my relatives from southern Illinois have a certain lilt to words that sound a bit southern. My relatives in northern Illinois and Wisconsin have the typical midwestern accent that most know.

As I listen to hill on the PC, I still pick up a slight cadence to "hill" but not as much. Still there though. If he was say from Wisconsin or Northern Illinois, hill would sound different. His "hill" dips near the end.

I think accent and voice are very important. As so many stated, it's a way to identify someone. (I'm personally aware of accents since I now live in Virginia and I don't want a local dialect. But I can some words have changed.)

For some reason I'm still drawn to his baggy mom jeans. The style is dated. His right knee and leg overstep also when walking. I get the feeling he's not fast on his feet. MOO

I'm sure this has already been mentioned. But I'm just joining the thread.

He walks with a certain gait and is wearing outdated 'mom jeans' so that leads me to think he's not young. And his voice is not that of a young man. I'd bet 50's +. Could be in his 40's, but that would be surprising. Possibly 48.

With the way the bridge is laid out with larger gaps between each board, I think your gait would be a little different as not to misstep and get your foot caught in the open spaces. Some people on FB who had been to the bridge said you really had to watch where you walked. I didn't think about the jean style, you are point with that!
His gait is something people would notice about him. Even if he changes appearance.

Lilt of a southern accent. However, I know as an Illinoisan myself that southern Illinois and Indiana some of the people have light accents. Very different than northern Illinois and Indiana. Also he could be from Kentucky.

Simply my thoughts.

With the way the bridge is laid out with larger gaps between each board, I think your gait would be a little different as not to misstep and get your foot caught in the open spaces. Some people on FB who had been to the bridge said you really had to watch where you walked. I didn't think about the jean style, you are point with that!

Im betting he's s drifter with no cell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've been thinking he didn't seem to focus on the cell phones. Could he be an ex con who is out of touch?

I sincerely hope they get this guy... or guys.... before they do it again. So brazen in broad daylight knowing they could be caught. I am so proud of Libby's quick thinking (seems so weird to say that about someone I have never met). I know it didnt save her life, but without what she did, the police might not have anything. That said, this guy made a huge mistake not checking her for a phone. If he does another crime (which in my opinion is likely given how brazen this one was), he is not likely to make that mistake again. Either that, or he just didnt care that she was recording him. Although I find that very hard to believe.

So I'm thinking of Carlie Brucia again, and similarities to this case. They had a VERY clear pic of the perp walking away with her (an eye witness to that kidnapping would have no idea whatsoever that she was being kidnapped, she went without any protest whatsoever). But it took a long time to ID the perp because EVEN THOUGH he was wearing a shirt from work - I think he was a mechanic - the picture didn't look like him. The video of the perp didn't really resemble the actual perp - his roommate even was interested in the story and was following it and never recognized him as the kidnapper.

Could this video be confusing, in that it doesn't look like the man?

I see the shape of that man in the initial picture.
I can see a roundness at the waist area as if his hands are in his pockets and his elbows are slightly out. JMOO though.
So LE is lying and saying it's posts and a tree?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Maybe he pretended to be law enforcement or a security guard.............someone in authority. "Git down the hill", sounds like an order to me........................

Yes it just sounded like someone absolutely in charge of those girls. I don't even think he needed a weapon. At 13 I would have been scared by words. And I was a feisty kid. Managed to escape from a man who dragged me over a wall at 10 years old. I kicked and kicked until he fell and hit his head.

But he never opened his mouth. If he commanded me I may not have been as combative.

When you're trying to be discrete, it's not going to be in focus, your phone may even be at your waist. Photos are much higher quality than videos.

The picture of Abby walking on the bridge IS a frame from a video that Libby posted to her Snapchat account.
The reason his image is much less clear is because the frame LE released (also from a video) is where he is in the background. He was NOT the focus of the shot. LE had to zoom the frame to even get the image so they could release it.

Does anyone know why the pic of abby is very good but the video of the perp is so bad. Anyone explain that to me.

Here is a screenshot from a video taken on my iPhone 6s. It's pretty bad, and I wasn't moving the phone quickly either.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 837
I agree but videos on phones these days are pretty high quality.

Liberty might be shaking whilst taking the video hence the stills from it not being clearer but I'm really glad she took it. In addition most normal phones don't have video image stabilisation yet.

Im betting he's s drifter with no cell.

He may have had a burner phone or possibly he doesn't feel the need to carry one. If he had a burner phone without a contract could the police still trace him? I know they are popular with criminals because it is difficult to trace them.

Now I know why the mom jeans bother me. The BTK killer wore them. Typical white man that fits into society. An older man doesn't simply start killing two girls out of the blue.

That sure does look like the handle of a plastic shopping bag sticking out from his jacket under his chin.

It is more likely a gray hoodie.

The encounter had to have happened rather quickly. I feel like if Libby felt "stalked" or "creeped out" for a while, she would've called 911 or family. She was a smart girl. That's why I think this happened in the blink of an eye, and BECAUSE she was so smart, she was able to record the encounter on the fly. My opinion obviously.

I found this odd as well. SK 101 would tell the perp to get rid off all victim's cell phones. This didn't occur to him. He's sloppy, careless, and possibly out of touch. Good chance he has been locked up since a time before every kid had a smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81