IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing forward some comments made my KN that continue to bother me immensely. This is from her video interview with AG that I transcribed back on 10/28/17, thread #73, post #302:

She did his laundry - explains why BG jeans look clean anyway.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36450450/...sidered-to-be-suspect-in-mount-herman-threats

This was the first MSM article that was posted by Camerabug in thread 68 page 4. It is reporting info from El Paso police and they withheld the mug. So the news came from LE first based on the thread here. I will post this link in the media thread because it wasn't in there as I looked there first. I wonder now if they withheld the mugs while ISP contacted the witnesses.

Yes, I do think that one reason they withheld the mug initially was to allow their witnesses (Indy, Colorado, pethaps some from both) to weigh in on whether they could pick him from a photo line-up. Maybe some did, and some did not ? This could explain their interest and also their reservations about DN as perhaps they haven't got a definitive DNA comparison yet and are awaiting other data to come in, still, as well, such as phone records and whatnot ...?

Perhaps it is because there were victims and some were children. Also, he does have violent offences, one in front of his daughter when he broke KN's nose. So when they have sex and violent offences separately, perhaps they go on the register as a violent sex offender, as well as when children are involved. :moo:

My thoughts on why Indiana LE are planning to bring DN back to Indiana. The same reason they went after property owner RL as well as all of the other folks they discovered while combing through tips and checking on registered sex offenders. They made it clear from the start that they would not look the other way. I don’t see anything different happening here.

I’ll admit I’m on the fence about DN. I would love his return to IN to wrap things up nicely on this case but I just am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts on why Indiana LE are planning to bring DN back to Indiana. The same reason they went after property owner RL as well as all of the other folks they discovered while combing through tips and checking on registered sex offenders. They made it clear from the start that they would not look the other way. I don’t see anything different happening here.

I’ll admit I’m on the fence about DN. I would love his return to IN to wrap things up nicely on this case but I just am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree. So why keep him hanging as a named POI? It is 4 months now. RL was not a named POI and was only swinging in the wind for two months IIRC?
If it's not DN then LE should exclude him and move on. They have only had 200 tips since MK and move to the smaller premises next week.

Just thinking how the girls anniversary will be a little over two weeks from now. I keep going back to how much the sketch does not match the guy on the bridge. I've been thinking about the girls a lot lately, and I just have never lost hope that something will be found. It makes me think of episodes of unsolved mysteries where there is a case with much less information and an interview with a mom, still has her 80's haircut, talking about- how she does not give up hope for her kid to come home after 18 years, and you think "oh cmon'!" plus poor woman to carry around that hope for so long. But abby and libby I just feel like its different.

Back to the anniversary and the photo, I wanted to share something on facebook- how I'm thinking about the girls. Actually torn on if I should even share his sketch. Seems misleading. Anyways maybe we should discuss what we as a team want to do social media wise or whatever for their anniversary to raise awareness for the case???

That's what I was going to say.

The only reason we know about DN is because people (not LE) went to the media and reported their findings and their reports to LE. When LE has responded to questions about DN, they've been reacting to questions and stories brought forth by MSM. They were not the ones to name him. He was not named by the investigating officers, he was named by the media.
Can you link the media article that mentioned him before LE? I already linked the one that was first posted on
here and put it in the media thread and that info came from LE.

Yes, I do think that one reason they withheld the mug initially was to allow their witnesses (Indy, Colorado, pethaps some from both) to weigh in on whether they could pick him from a photo line-up. Maybe some did, and some did not ? This could explain their interest and also their reservations about DN as perhaps they haven't got a definitive DNA comparison yet and are awaiting other data to come in, still, as well, such as phone records and whatnot ...?
Yes I think this too Ember.

No, they don't usually name multiple POI's (at least, in my experience).

But, remember LE didn't name DN. MSM did that and LE responded.

moo

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't El Paso County CO LE contact ISP in regards to the crime scene similarities and the El Paso County spokeswoman interviewed with MSM?

"There are some similarities to what has occurred (in Colorado) to what we have (In Indiana). Unfortunately, I can't go into any great detail right now, but there are some similarities," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County, Indiana, said.

http://www.9news.com/article/news/menacing-suspect-possibly-linked-to-3-unsolved-murders/479695003

Kirby said citizens submitted tips to the media that Nations or the homicide were somehow connected to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who went missing Feb. 13 while hiking on secluded trails east of Delphi and were found dead the next day.

"Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest," Riley said.

"Each and every one of these tips are investigated for any potential connection to the case. We will give the same attention to the person arrested in Colorado, but right now there is nothing that definitely connects this person to our investigation.
"If this should change — with this tip, or any other tip — rest assured we would be sharing such news with all media sources."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...igate-colorado-link-delphi-murders/711491001/

I'm of the opinion that we'd never have heard DN's name without MSM pushing LE for info. IIRC, one of our members called in the tip and shared that info here.

moo, of course

Trouble is you cannot place a bet on unnamed runners. If there's only one restaurant open or one runner then that's the winner. If the runner has been specially brought in for the race, that's also yet another good indicator. I don't think any other POI's will be named because they're not favourites.
:moo:

Wouldn't it be good if they did name some of the other POI's though
Do they often do that? I.e. name multiple POI's?

I will have to go search for the link but someone in LE stated that they have much better poi's than DN that just don't make the news

http://www.koaa.com/story/36450450/...sidered-to-be-suspect-in-mount-herman-threats

This was the first MSM article that was posted by Camerabug in thread 68 page 4. It is reporting info from El Paso police and they withheld the mug. So the news came from LE first based on the thread here. I will post this link in the media thread because it wasn't in there as I looked there first. I wonder now if they withheld the mugs while ISP contacted the witnesses.

Can you link the media article that mentioned him before LE? I already linked the one that was first posted on
here and put it in the media thread and that info came from LE.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't El Paso County CO LE contact ISP in regards to the crime scene similarities and the El Paso County spokeswoman interviewed with MSM?

"There are some similarities to what has occurred (in Colorado) to what we have (In Indiana). Unfortunately, I can't go into any great detail right now, but there are some similarities," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County, Indiana, said.

http://www.9news.com/article/news/menacing-suspect-possibly-linked-to-3-unsolved-murders/479695003

Yes you're right Savoy and I have posted the Koaa article linked above dated 26th Sept, on the last page and in the media thread. How would members of the public know his name to give to MSM anyway so I don't know why some posters are saying this? Tipsters reported him to police and police told the media upon his arrest .

I wanted to share this here because I've never seen such an insightful interview from a serial killer in my entire life. I highly recommend everyone watch it. He describes how he operated, why he did the things he did how he practiced etc. it's incredibly insightful

https://youtu.be/pFfc151Zkg4

The first makes no logical sense. IN can press charges and get him immediately after. So once in jail the other is safe. Period doesn’t matter who’s jail. If she knew anything she would have sung that song as a bargaining chip to get her kids back.
LE is not afraid of the media when it comes to charging anyone, matter of fact they would be tooting their own horn and screaming from the rooftops.

everyone forgets the freakin prosecutor publicly stated they have nobody and won’t for awhile
I thought they had 100's of POI's not nobody?
I'm waiting to hear from the new prosecutor McLeland. He's been in post nearly a month now and the silence is deafening.

I will have to go search for the link but someone in LE stated that they have much better poi's than DN that just don't make the news

It was in a video interview not an article, IIRC. Going to be difficult to find but I do remember.

ETA: On second thought I think it was an article. Just not sure.

I thought they had 100's of POI's not nobody?
I'm waiting to hear from the new prosecutor McLeland. He's been in post nearly a month now and the silence is deafening.

Hundreds of POI's, but no suspect. moo

That article is dated 28th. The one i posted is dated 26th and doesn't mention the public. I underrstand the public had reported hatchet incidents as early as August but nothing was linked to Indiana until the searcher photographed the car and plate and passed it to LE. LE then found the car and arrested and named them. I am not aware DN was actually named to the media before that 26th article.

He wasn’t. He was named beginning on the 26th.

That article is dated 28th. The one i posted is dated 26th and doesn't mention the public. I underrstand the public had reported hatchet incidents as early as August but nothing was linked to Indiana until the searcher photographed the car and plate and passed it to LE. LE then found the car and arrested and named them. I am not aware DN was actually named to the media before that 26th article.

Named TO the media and named IN the media are two different things. moo

He wasn’t. He was named beginning on the 26th.
That's the point thanks Daey. Posters are saying his name only appeared in the media because the public named him to the media and that is wrong info. His name appeared because he was arrested for illegally having weapons. Tips came in about him before that arrest but he wasn't "named by the media" at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard