IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mtnlites!

About the phone...
I think one of three things occurred: either Libby dropped it covertly to hide it; or Libby threw it so BG wouldn’t take it, as she knew she was trying to record him and preserve the video and audio evidence and he couldn’t find it; or BG was leaving with the phone and dropped it, either not realizing he dropped it or realizing it but was rushed to leave because he could hear DG calling for the girls so he couldn’t take the time to find it.

Also, someone posted about BG being a prepared SK...
I still think there’s a good chance he scoped out the area/was already familiar with it and hid his kit in the location where he forced the girls to go. I think he removed his top layer of clothing prior to his departure and hid it in his kit bag. Remember at the beginning when LE was asking about anyone seeing a duffle bag/backpack?

JMO....

Re: Liberty's phone. I think she threw it as far as she could at the end , into weeds and he didn't exactly have all day to go find it. He needed to leave asap before someone saw him. Also, he may not have wanted to take it with him... Think about it..if you had just committed a heinous crime, would you want to risk the victims phone being tracked to your location? He had to know people would be looking for the girls soon and certainly anyone know phones can be pinged and tracked . I know I wouldn't want to lead the cops to me if I were in such a position. Also LE stated in (Holemans 30 min interview ) that they found the phone in " the vicinity of their bodies" . I think Libby chucked it into the coverage of nature thinking he may smash her evidence...

weird press conference, can't quite put my finger on why. MOO

Maybe they just did it because it was the anniversary. Obviously they didn't want to tell the public anything relevant. I still kind of think they were sending a message to someone in particular tho.

I've done this poll a couple times here now about every 3 months or so.. and now after today I would like to see where most stand now.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?
Planned or random crime ?

I've always said serial killer from the get go and do not think he's local at all. I think he's covered several states. I believe he's probably in his 50s. I think he trolled for victims and found 2 who fit his victim type.

I've done this poll a couple times here now about every 3 months or so.. and now after today I would like to see where most stand now.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

I've always said serial killer from the get go and do not think he's local at all. I think he's covered several states. I believe he's probably in his 50s. I think he trolled for victims and found 2 who fit his victim type.

Short answer - same to all.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

1. SK
2. not sure, but I believe he knows that park, so he's familiar with the area
3. again not sure, but between 30 and 45
4. planned

Re: Liberty's phone. I think she threw it as far as she could at the end , into weeds and he didn't exactly have all day to go find it. He needed to leave asap before someone saw him. Also, he may not have wanted to take it with him... Think about it..if you had just committed a heinous crime, would you want to risk the victims phone being tracked to your location? He had to know people would be looking for the girls soon and certainly anyone know phones can be pinged and tracked . I know I wouldn't want to lead the cops to me if I were in such a position. Also LE stated in (Holemans 30 min interview ) that they found the phone in " the vicinity of their bodies" . I think Libby chucked it into the coverage of nature thinking he may smash her evidence...

Hi BoggLed!

I edited Holman’s interview quote into my post while you were replying to me. (Great minds...)

I agree about the tracking, but if BG had any clue Libby was recording on her phone, my guess is his desire to not be seen or heard would trump his not wanting to be tracked. Go in a direction different than the one you are really leaving in, make sure the phone is powered off, do whatever you can to destroy the phone, hide it outdoors/bury it/whatever, then leave and make your roundabout way back to your original escape route. Give LE a false lead in guessing which direction you’re going.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

1. Maybe not serial but has at least seriously injured people in the past.
2. Local-ish. If he's not from the area, he knows someone who is.
3. 40-55.
4. Planned crime, random victims

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

SK: Yes
Local: Within 30 miles
Planned or Random: Planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is sad, but I like to think Liberty made the softball throw of the century with her phone.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

1. Probably
2. Used to be/has or had ties to the area
3. 35-55
4. Planned, may not necessarily have been specifically targeting Abby and Libby, but was definitely at the trails for a victim.

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ?
Local?
What age range ?

Is Bridge Guy...

A serial killer ? Not Sure
Local? Or knows the area well enough, yes
What age range ? Late 40’s to 60’s
Planned or random crime ? Mix, planned for an opportunity

I am terrible at polls like this, sorry.

Do you think BG had been watching the area, knew that RL had left , prepared the scene and then just waited for the right opportunity? I tend to think he was aware it was a school day off and a popular place for the kids to hang out.
I'm wondering if he actually lives nearby and was unrecognizable with his getup. I haven't really thought that before, but it's something to consider.

A serial killer? No
Local? No doubt.
What age range? 30-50
Planned or random crime? Not planned, but not random.

The sad, sad fact here is--odds are high that he will kill again.
I'd say the odds are higher that he's killed before. When I look at BG's build and posture/gait, I see a man in his 40s or 50s--possibly someone whose career as a serial killer is on the wane.
BTW my above post's reference to unsolved cases across this region, I'm looking at cases going back to 1980. If BG's max age is around 53 or so, he could have started killing back to at least the early 80's.

JMO
I agree. This guy could be pushing 60,
so murders dating back to the 80s wouldn't surprise me. (Incidentally, the JMO isn't necessary. You said it, therefore it's your opinion.)
thinking about BG again and him moving quickly forward towards the girls with his coat stuffed full of godknowswhat, the things he was holding together in his coat...

imagining some nasty loner in his van hanging out by trails.

Just thoughts.

MOO
Snipped

How can we be sure he has anything stuffed in his coat? He could just be barrel chested.

He was probably alone that day, but I wouldn't assume this guy is a loner generally. Gerard Schaefer, Robert Lee Yates, and Dennis Rader are examples of married serial killers. Yates's wife thought he was having affairs; I believe BG has large blocks of time for which he can't account. My guess is that BG is married.
DN is not a poi. I never really considered him a poi. I don't think they are any closer to solving it than they were a year ago. Sadly I think this is a SK and won't be caught until he does it again and gets sloppy. Depressing.
Agreed. DN is too young and too erratic.

I think sometimes emotions cloud our judgement. I've seen people wrongfully accused, I've seen one person actually believe the suspect is reading these post, I've seen another bring dark web into the scenario, and yet i've seen the same and others still accuse DN.

. . .

does anyone mind if I do a demographic poll feel free to post gender and age...

like the majority of speculation that occurs on this site im willing to say its most likely female posters, and above 40 years of age....
Snipped for brevity.

Similar crimes were committed before the internet existed, so I wouldn't assume that any kind of cyber crime was involved. (I think there's a good chance this guy's been offending since before social media existed.)

I won't share my exact age, but I'm a male over 30 and under 50.

Boy oh boy is all I've got say to right now.

I have watched the PC, rewound it several times, made paaaages of handwritten notes with quotes, thoughts etc...(eta: IHAVENOCLUE style...she takes notes, yes)
Going back to read now...I'm sure most of my notes have already been covered!

Eta: Man....:(

BG has to be incredibly smart or incredibly lucky. I am not sure which one? How can you have your photograph/video taken and your voice recorded in the modern age and thousands of hours of police and public resources trying to find you and appears still no clue after 1 year? I thought it was DN for sure but seems not?

BG has to be incredibly smart or incredibly lucky. I am not sure which one? How can you have your photograph/video taken and your voice recorded in the modern age and thousands of hours of police and public resources trying to find you and appears still no clue after 1 year? I thought it was DN for sure but seems not?

Words right out of my mouth, several times and then some, moo.

Which is whhhhy it's important for us who did not feel right about DN initially to examine WHY.

Lucky or skilled predator or both? Writing in shorthand, overwhelmed right now.

I'm wondering if he was in a getup, not his normal attire. Heck he could be a thin man without a mustache and a smaller nose. Not recognizable to those who know him. But that gait, that voice. Those are real.
My hubby talks about dressing in disguises to spy. I always laugh because I would recognize his walk anywhere! But boy oh boy can he make himself look unlike himself!

Words right out of my mouth, several times and then some, moo.

Which is whhhhy it's important for us who did not feel right about DN initially to examine WHY.

Lucky or skilled predator or both? Writing in shorthand, overwhelmed right now.
Hi M- IMO....neither skilled or lucky. I believe feared. A dangerous man that others are afraid to cross.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member