IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago we hashed to death whether one of the photos showed there was a vehicle in the gully beneath the bridge. I couldn't see anything but rocks and trees, but some people were able to make out vehicles with people in them. So yeah, joke. Sort of.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining. I hope my comment didn't come off snarky, I just was unsure what I was missing. I suppose the phantom posts/people/cars/etc are par for the course in this sort of situation. I surely did post a lot of screencaps in Lyric and Elizabeth's threads of the guy in the background of one of the security camera shots, standing near the corner of a building. We all want so badly to be helfpul and find a clue that will help bring BG to justice.

thanks again

Idk...it seems like his choice to walk the girls so far through rough terrain to his killing spot kind of shows the spot had meaning to him, more like he was familiar with the area. Imo

I agree with that as well. When I did a historical search of the terrain behind the cemetery (Google Earth) it stuck out as odd. Then I realized that maybe the mounding/revene without tree cover may be from workers putting excess dirt in the woods over several years. Unsure. It's one of my posts. The last pic shows a structure across the river on the next bend way out in the woods. But can't see it unless you use historical google earth.

I'm confused why folks think this is a trucker, as well!

I can only speak for myself, but one reason is because it seems clear the person must have intimate knowledge of the area, yet the person hasn't been identified yet despite the picture and audio, which is curious if he's from the area AND still lives there and is a member of the community. Plus they must have darn good reason to invest all that expense in the billboards in 46 states - I've never seen that before in ANY case I've followed. If they think he could be in ANY state right now, why might that be? Just because any perp who isnt' caught yet could be aywhere? well then why the billboard campaign THIS time? No, I feel.. gut/JMO/no evidence to back it up .. .just simply feel that it's likely they think he has a job that could take him to any state, which for ME the first one I think of is "trucker". And it could help explain how he could both have intimate knowledge with the area, yet also be in any state across the nation right now/yet not actually live there (which, if he did, I'd think someone would've recognized him by now).

I'm having a hard time explaining why it works for me, but I surely would not discount other situations. I'm not even that attached to my theory, I simply feel that it helps explain the extensive nation-wide billboard campaign, and is not contradictory to any of the things we do know.

JMO

With all the bridges, Iowa girls (7 bridges area), etc., I think maybe it's more tied to a railroad worker or hobbies with bridges/trains. CSX is a major railroad company that used all these tracks in the past.

Six thousand billboards! I keep thinking that's a typo but apparently it is correct.

I've never seen anything like the effort to catch this perp(s). Scary vibes...

I truly believe that the BG said GET DOWN THE HILL less than a couple of minutes after Libby got that picture of him. My gut tells me that. They were at the bridge, and were made to head downhill at that end of the bridge. MOO

Seriously why do we narrow ourself down and say truckers like they are this big bunch of killing machines...I have a stake in this my husband is a trucker 99% of them are are a strict schedule with no time to go for a walk and kill someone. They have barely enough time to get where they are going then the break you speak of. That's when trucks get serviced and they get home time. Most schedule thier break at home ...time management ..carry on maybe it's a secretary or health care worker...makes just as much sense !

I'm sorry if you felt my speculation that the perp could be a trucker is in some way offensive. I'm sure your husband is a lovely man, as is my uncle who drove truck until his heart attack, then worked repairing them until he retired some years ago.

It is not likely that he is a secretary or health care worker because someone would have recognized him by now, if for no other reason.

The police would not have made a one of a kind 46 state billboard campaign to ask people to help find this man if they did not have darn good raeson to believe that his lifestyle could just as likely take him to any state as any other.

This is a unique move they've made, and it means something. JMO.

Also, I'd like to thank your husband for his years of dedication to his job. It can't be easy to be away from home that much, and I realize the job is long, tiring, and probably quite thankless. I guess people get upset when deliveries are late due to weather, etc, but rarely take the time to be thankful that because of him and people like him, their community has whatever it needs. I feel that truckers and farmers are very often not recognized for the fact that if they didn't do what they do, our lives would be incredibly challenging.

"Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus wherein the mind perceives a familiar pattern of something where none exists."

With all due respect, I don't think this answers the question that galaxygal asked, which was "Is it possible to get a vehicle near where they were found?"

Unless I'm just missing some sort of inside joke.. ?

I'm the one who put the red box on "the car" under the bridge...

Common,
I'm not saying I'm positive. Nor am I speculating on a particular contextual narrative. It is just my professional opinion about the latent emotional tone behind the words.

My initial thought about the tone was nervous excitment/anticipation. While trying to be firm. Imo

Thanks for explaining. I hope my comment didn't come off snarky, I just was unsure what I was missing. I suppose the phantom posts/people/cars/etc are par for the course in this sort of situation. I surely did post a lot of screencaps in Lyric and Elizabeth's threads of the guy in the background of one of the security camera shots, standing near the corner of a building. We all want so badly to be helfpul and find a clue that will help bring BG to justice.

thanks again
Yes, that's it exactly. We're desperately hoping to find the clue that will identify the evil and put it away for good.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself, but one reason is because it seems clear the person must have intimate knowledge of the area, yet the person hasn't been identified yet despite the picture and audio, which is curious if he's from the area AND still lives there and is a member of the community. Plus they must have darn good reason to invest all that expense in the billboards in 46 states - I've never seen that before in ANY case I've followed. If they think he could be in ANY state right now, why might that be? Just because any perp who isnt' caught yet could be aywhere? well then why the billboard campaign THIS time? No, I feel.. gut/JMO/no evidence to back it up .. .just simply feel that it's likely they think he has a job that could take him to any state, which for ME the first one I think of is "trucker". And it could help explain how he could both have intimate knowledge with the area, yet also be in any state across the nation right now/yet not actually live there (which, if he did, I'd think someone would've recognized him by now).

I'm having a hard time explaining why it works for me, but I surely would not discount other situations. I'm not even that attached to my theory, I simply feel that it helps explain the extensive nation-wide billboard campaign, and is not contradictory to any of the things we do know.

JMO

Thank you. The billboard thing is a head scratcher, so I understand why you feel the way you do.

I truly believe that the BG said GET DOWN THE HILL less than a couple of minutes after Libby got that picture of him. My gut tells me that. They were at the bridge, and were made to head downhill at that end of the bridge. MOO

Agreed, [IMO], he wanted to get the girls off the trail to secluded spot as quickly as possible.

I'm the one who put the red box on "the car" under the bridge...

I haven't seen it, sorry. I do understand now. hope I did not come off offensively. I"m a bit out of the WS loop but couldn't stay away when I heard about these poor sweet girls who are my daughter's age.

Seriously why do we narrow ourself down and say truckers like they are this big bunch of killing machines...I have a stake in this my husband is a trucker 99% of them are are a strict schedule with no time to go for a walk and kill someone. They have barely enough time to get where they are going then the break you speak of. That's when trucks get serviced and they get home time. Most schedule thier break at home ...time management ..carry on maybe it's a secretary or health care worker...makes just as much sense !
Please don't take offense, I'm sure your husband and MOST truckers are lovely people. That said there is cause to suspect that industry has a higher chance at criminal behaviour. Take a peak at this link, the research being done and connecting hundreds of kills to trucker serial killers is staggering. And I'm not even saying that could be the case here, I'm just pointing this out due to a show I was watching last night on this and now your post.

http://m.fleetowner.com/driver-management-resource-center/truckers-make-ideal-serial-killers-fbi

I'm trying to remember...did they have or even state they had DNA in Lyric and Elizabeth's case?

It's eerily strange to me that both Abby and Libby, and Lyric and Elizabeth, went missing on the 13th of the month on a secluded woods trail.. I didn't realize the day of the month was also the same in both cases until now. MOO

"Both sets of young girls on trails by themselves, kidnapped, murdered, and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month. "

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/...s-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

I haven't seen it, sorry. I do understand now. hope I did not come off offensively. I"m a bit out of the WS loop but couldn't stay away when I heard about these poor sweet girls who are my daughter's age.

Absolutely no offense taken. I didn't actually see anything down there, but someone was trying to describe it and I was helping by putting the box on it. I had no way of knowing if a car could or could not get there. If one could, it should certainly be looked into. We all just want this solved!

Sending in tips about RSO's whose DNA is already in the system will only tie up tip lines and will slow down the process. Common sense needs to prevail here people and as much as everyone wants to help, not everyone can.

Imo you shouldn't discourage anyone from helping in any way they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419