Found Deceased IN - Alice 'Anita' Oswald, 77, Terre Haute, 9 Nov 2017 - *ARREST*

[h=1]VIDEO UPDATE: Body found inside vehicle matching missing woman's SUV[/h]
The Terre Haute Police Dept. says it has found a body inside a vehicle pulled from a southeastern Vigo County body of water.
Police say at 3:30 p.m. today they pulled a Honda CRV matching the description of Alice Oswald’s missing vehicle from a body of water. The body of a white female was found inside the vehicle and an autopsy is scheduled for 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Police said it took most of yesterday and until 3 p.m. today to wrestle the vehicle from the remote pond near the intersection of East Moyer and Tabortown Street in southeastern Vigo County.
Police said evidence found in the vehicle suggests that the woman did not drive herself into the pond.

Police will not confirm that the body found in the vehicle is Oswald, but said that the Honda CRV definitely belonged to her.
http://www.tribstar.com/news/video-...cle_373148ac-f271-11e7-adac-2bc3eed61443.html

[h=1]VIDEO UPDATE: Body found inside vehicle matching missing woman's SUV[/h]
http://www.tribstar.com/news/video-...cle_373148ac-f271-11e7-adac-2bc3eed61443.html

OMG, so someone murdered her! I wonder if they found her hands tied or bricks attached to her feet, to make sure she couldn't get out of the vehicle? Those are the only things that I can think of that might have stopped her from getting out of the vehicle on her own. The poor thing. Whoever did that to her, there's a special place in hell for them. RIP Alice.

OMG, so someone murdered her! I wonder if they found her hands tied or bricks attached to her feet, to make sure she couldn't get out of the vehicle? Those are the only things that I can think of that might have stopped her from getting out of the vehicle on her own. The poor thing. Whoever did that to her, there's a special place in hell for them. RIP Alice.

This makes me so very sad. I had been thinking about Alice just the other night. Hoping for more news and resolution soon!

Maybe she was killed before and then left in the car to hide the body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police said the processing of the vehicle will be done in stages, and may take some time. He said the initial search was done upon recovery, but investigators will now have to wait for the vehicle to dry and then search it again.

Police said the property owner where the vehicle and body were discovered is not a suspect.

Police said Oswald, a landlord, went to a heating and cooling business regarding work on one of her properties the afternoon of Nov. 9.

About 4:35 p.m., she was told a repair person was en route to the property in the 1600 block of Second Avenue and would meet her there. She left the business intending to meet the repair man, but there is no evidence Oswald ever arrived.

Through GPS tracking of the repair vehicle, police determined the repairman did arrive at the residence at 4:55 p.m.

Police canvassed areas near Oswald’s properties in the 1600 block of Second Avenue and near her residence. Detectives also collected video from businesses and residences along the routes among all locations involved.

Additionally, police and their forensics personnel examined residences in the 2300 and 1600 blocks of Second Avenue.

Shortly before 1 a.m. Nov. 13, a fire damaged Oswald’s home in the 2300 block of Second Avenue, where she lived alone.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/final-...cle_373148ac-f271-11e7-adac-2bc3eed61443.html

MOO but I am thinking her death involves someone from that rental property. Let's say that she left the repair business and drove to the rental property, waiting for the repair person to arrive. Yes, there is a really short timeframe, but maybe something happened between her and the person who lives in the rental property.

I would like to know if anyone was at the rental property to meet the repair person. We know that Anita was not there, but was anyone else?

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – News 10 has confirmed the Autopsy is complete on a body found Friday in a Vigo County pond. Vigo County Coroner Dr. Susan Amos reveals to News 10 that a positive ID will not be determined for roughly 2-6 weeks. She is awaiting results from DNA testing. Dr. Amos adds that once a positive ID is made more information will be released.

The Terre Haute Police Department shared an update in the investigation of the death of 72-year-old Alice Anita Oswald on Friday. THPD said authorities began work on Thursday, drilling pilot holes in the ice of a pond in Southeastern Vigo County. Officials say a vehicle was discovered in the pond, and the process of locating it spanned two days with 30 to 40 people working the scene.

Friday, crews sent a camera underwater and later two divers. That's when they found a burgundy Honda CRV and police confirmed it belongs to Alice "Anita" Oswald.

Authorities say it took a lot of effort to get the car out of the frozen water, but were successful in getting it out at 3:30 Friday afternoon.
They say a white female was found dead inside but couldn’t confirm it was Oswald.
http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/Preliminary-autopsy-results-for-body-found-in-pond-468214653.html

This is all so very bizarre to me. Waiting an hour at the hvac business, then leave because repairman was going there. In less than an hour she disappeared never showing up at the rental.(supposedly)

It seems to me the repair person won't work as a suspect because he was tracked. The tenant would not have known she was coming, and if they did, they would not have known what time the repair person would show up, to try to do something to her. I wonder if someone owed her money and documents were inside her home. They couldn't locate the documents and set her house ablaze to cover up? But, when her house burned, the neighbors were already missing her, I would think they would notice someone messing around her home. These are all questions and thoughts in my head. Of course stranger things have happened. Hmm!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

THPD still looking into case of missing woman even after vehicle found

Terre Haute Police say the discovery of a missing woman's car last week does not change the course of their investigation into her disappearance.

Police confirmed a Honda CRV pulled from a pond in rural Vigo County belonged to Alice ‘Anita’ Oswald.

She's the subject of a Silver Alert who has not been seen since early November.

Police Chief John Plasse says they're still looking in the same direction they were before discovering Oswald's vehicle.

The vehicle they recovered on Jan. 5 contained the body of a white female. The Vigo County Coroner's Office has submitted DNA samples for testing in order to confirm that body's identity.

According to Vigo County Coroner Dr. Susan Amos that process will take anywhere from two to six weeks to complete.

http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/...oman-even-after-vehicle-found--468345513.html

Terre Haute, IN. - "No type of inclement weather will stop this investigation," Chief John Plasse said.

This is the latest area to provide clues to the disappearance of Alice "Anita" Oswald.
It's a lonely corner of Vigo County where police pulled her vehicle out of a private lake.
The property is gated and owned by a construction company.
How Oswald's car ended up here is just the latest piece of a complicated puzzle.
More than two months after her disappearance. A tip lead police to the private lake at the corner of Tabortown Street and East Moyer Drive, more than 20 minutes from Oswald's home.

It took crews two days to recover the vehicle which was submerged under 10 inches of ice and in the car a body of an unidentified female.

The Vigo County Coroner says it could take several weeks to positively identify the body.

And until then, investigators will continue to search for answers.
"We treat this case just as we would any homicide investigation due to the nature of the facts based on our observation of the vehicle we do not believe that this female drove that vehicle into the water and we will continue to treat this case as a homicide," Assistant Chief Shawn Keen said.
Police believe that whoever put the vehicle in the body of water did not think it would ever be discovered.
http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/still-searching-for-answers/907029286

:(

#JusticeforAnita

I wonder what prompted them to search that pond/lake?
I wonder how the tipster 'knew' they should look there. Did they see something hinky and decided to call it in? Do they know someone who knows someone who knows something?

I wonder how many rental properties she had. Maybe she had a bad renter situation. The fact that she waited an hour at that business makes me think she needed to be absolutely sure they took care of the issue. Dunno.

Hmm. *sits on hands*

http://beacon.schneidercorp.com

You get more results without her middle name.
0cbd7d899b0c9f6951c184d0a60c14d9.jpg

<snipped>
I wonder how many rental properties she had. Maybe she had a bad renter situation. The fact that she waited an hour at that business makes me think she needed to be absolutely sure they took care of the issue. Dunno.

(BBM) If there was an unscheduled heating issue in November in Indiana, it makes sense to me that she’d stay on top of those repairs as a landlord without it being nefarious. As you note, waiting at the office is an interesting choice and her last known whereabouts are likely significant.

(BBM) If there was an unscheduled heating issue in November in Indiana, it makes sense to me that she’d stay on top of those repairs as a landlord without it being nefarious. As you note, waiting at the office is an interesting choice and her last known whereabouts are likely significant.
I agree. It's cold! A responsible landlord would ensure their tenants have heat. No excuses.

Maybe it had something to do with the shelter or a real estate deal.

Maybe I over looked this but, does she have other children beside the daughter?

It doesn't seem like family is doing much talking. More friends and neighbors. Maybe other family members live farther away. I'm in no way suggesting family was involved but, I always look for family and closest friends to be the most vocal. Sadly, I don't see that happening for this lady. Maybe, she wasn't very social.

Maybe I over looked this but, does she have other children beside the daughter?

It doesn't seem like family is doing much talking. More friends and neighbors. Maybe other family members live farther away. I'm in no way suggesting family was involved but, I always look for family and closest friends to be the most vocal. Sadly, I don't see that happening for this lady. Maybe, she wasn't very social.

Alice's sister, who used to run the shelter, died in 2013.

The shelter:

http://harmonyhaven.org/index.html

The page looks like it hasn't been updated for a while. The last news entry is August 2006.

I’ve found three FB pages for the shelter.

One was last updated (shared a photo) on Mar. 5, 2016:
https://m.facebook.com/harmonyhavenshelter/

The last post on the second one is dated Nov. 27, 2017, after Anita went missing. The secretary of the board of directors for the shelter gave an update on its operation, etc.:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1779898578688918&id=999622163383234

The third one, it appears, was started on Nov. 3, 2017, six days before Anita went missing (maybe the page existed prior to that, but I don’t see any posts from before that date:
https://m.facebook.com/pg/harmonyhavenanimals/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

If you google the name of the person who introduces herself in one of the posts on Nov. 3, one of the first results that comes up is a link to a fundraising page.

It says the page was “Created February 26, 2017.” The “Story” is somewhat interesting, IMO (I would like to point out it doesn’t appear any of Anita’s properties are within the ZIP code listed on the fundraising page). Per TOS, we cannot talk about this person on here, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back