GUILTY IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 #4

That's what i have been doing is searching with the address and "burglary". Is it just me or in this day and age, it seems like it would be a huge service to the community to have these incident reports online, with victims data redacted. Don't even need the exact address, but I think residents have a right to know what is going on in their neighborhoods. I learn so much from the details when I see them and take note of things to be mindful of. It's 2015, and all of this information should be in digital format and searchable. imo

There are maps like that. The ones I've seen were all specific to assaults and murders. But what about these?

http://www.mylocalcrime.com/

https://www.crimereports.com/

http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx

Don't even need the exact address, but I think residents have a right to know what is going on in their neighborhoods. I learn so much from the details when I see them and take note of things to be mindful of. It's 2015, and all of this information should be in digital format and searchable. imo

Kinda related to your comment I bolded....There's an app called "next door" (both Iphone and Android available) and it's awesome. Residents in your local area sign up and can report "issues" and such. I signed up recently and a lot of my neighbors have too. We are in one subdivision, but there are about 3-4 other subdivisions in our area that are in our group too (I think groups must be assigned by a certain radius). Anyway, to sign up, you have to be verified as the owner/resident of your house.

Homeowners report break-ins, suspicious things, etc. Not sure how long it's been around, but I just heard about it.

Kinda related to your comment I bolded....There's an app called "next door" (both Iphone and Android available) and it's awesome. Residents in your local area sign up and can report "issues" and such. I signed up recently and a lot of my neighbors have too. We are in one subdivision, but there are about 3-4 other subdivisions in our area that are in our group too (I think groups must be assigned by a certain radius). Anyway, to sign up, you have to be verified as the owner/resident of your house.

Homeowners report break-ins, suspicious things, etc. Not sure how long it's been around, but I just heard about it.

Another good idea is if a neighborhood has 20 homes in the immediate vacinity. Each person pays $100 a month for on site security for the block or 2 block radius during the night hours.

This will help deter crime in that block. As long as your neighbors doesn't mind paying $100 a month. Jmo

I don't think it is that hard to steal a car if you already broke into the home and found the keys for the vehicle sitting outside.

But the stolen suv plus the silver car and whatever other cars which were stolen that week by whoever; Simply tells me that car theft alone seems to be a big problem there. And the people stealing the cars are also people who would not hesitate to invade your home.

Maybe the city can provide trap car stings to catch would be criminals and prosecute them before they decide to invade someone's home as well. Just saying.

I don't do facebook but was able to view a bit of murderer Larry Taylor Jr.'s account.

I believe you can learn a lot about a person by the music they gravitate to.He listed this performer on his facebook page,I think he is from Indiana.

Some of the lyrics further into the somg mention confidential informants and jail.The music video seems to protray a home robbbery.

Watch Over Me
Bamm Bamm
Break Bread Music LLC
Directed By Midwest Money Gang Films

These liars and these snitches

Just a bad kid from the neighborhood
Momma did all the best she could
But she couldn't make it out the neighborhood.

My Daddy s***, I ain't know him

My brother's in the (unintelligable)
I pray to God they find a better way
But if they don't go out and make a play
How the *advertiser censored** the family gonna eat today?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tz0ggEpdGAc[/video]
Would you post a link to Taylor's fb page? I don't think I've seen his yet.

But the stolen suv plus the silver car and whatever other cars which were stolen that week by whoever; Simply tells me that car theft alone seems to be a big problem there. And the people stealing the cars are also people who would not hesitate to invade your home.
Maybe the city can provide trap car stings to catch would be criminals and prosecute them before they decide to invade someone's home as well. Just saying.

what is a trap car sting ?

I saw earlier where Indianapolis has a similar site, and a new smartphone app to receive alerts and report suspicious activity on college campuses.

https://indy.safetown.org/

http://fox59.com/2015/10/15/smart-phone-app-alerts-college-students-of-dangers-near-campus/

what is a trap car sting ?

Lol. They have trap cars that will shut down the engine while a would be car thief is trying to flee with a stolen car that was set up by a undercover vice operation

They have a reality tv show on these stings as well.

So usually they leave a nice vehicle parked on the side with the windows down and or doors unlocked and or with the keys in the ignition with no one in sight except for the undercover cops that are doing surveillance from a safe distance away. Lol

So once the criminal looks around and sees a easy car for the taking; They hop right in and drive a few yards. And then the engine shuts off and the cops swarm in. Lol.

But it's a real vice sting and not just for tv. So basically the cops can catch would be criminals with stings such as these fairly easy. Jmo

It's similar to prostitution and drug stings. But I guarantee that these stings can catch more past or future violent offenders if the cops did more of these type stings.

Plus the perp can't argue entrapment since they were not coerced by an undercover agent to take the car. Jmo.

It helps police get people off the street that will not hesitate to take what's yours. Jmo

I have been on the nextdoor website for a few years now. You don't even need to use the APP. Our 'neighborhoods' have some great people who report suspicious persons, cars, etc. We have 24 subdivisions that I use to get my notifications from. I highly advise it, and wanted to mention it earlier, but was afraid it would look like I was promoting a website. Thanks for mentioning it!

I have been on the nextdoor website for a few years now. You don't even need to use the APP. Our 'neighborhoods' have some great people who report suspicious persons, cars, etc. We have 24 subdivisions that I use to get my notifications from. I highly advise it, and wanted to mention it earlier, but was afraid it would look like I was promoting a website. Thanks for mentioning it!

The sad part is that the people who saw this perp; probably wouldn't have use the app anyways since they didn't call the cops after seeing him nor hearing gun shots.

So the app is only as good as the neighbors that don't mind reporting things. Or the neighbor that easily spot unusual things. So imo. The app wouldn't work with certain neighbors.

Just like in the Teresa Sievers case. A neighbor heard an unrelated shrill scream; But never dialed a simple 911 to alert anyone.

So imo. The app is only effective as a neighbors viligance of reporting everything out of the norm. Similar to simply calling 911. Jmo

Btw. I truly hate to blame the neighborhood. But come on. If my neighbor and most of their guests fit 1 description. But at 6am ;I'm seeing perps of another description at their front door or just simply walking to or from their home; I would probably have dialed 911 fairly quickly. Jmo.

But I'm sure the neighbors feel bad enough. So I will not rub it in.

But also; I feel the neighborhood watch should have a better protocol and game plan for certain things. Jmo

There are maps like that. The ones I've seen were all specific to assaults and murders. But what about these?

http://www.mylocalcrime.com/

https://www.crimereports.com/

http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx

These are all good for tracking crime. Most cities, particularly large cities, report to one or more of these types of sites where citizens can find basic crime stats, like date, time, location, and type of crime. What I've yet to see is a site where you can access detailed incident reports. What you will find available in some cases are public alerts, or media advisories, issued by local LE agencies. (I receive emails daily from two LE agencies in my area.) The advisories contain more detail than the basics you find on the crime maps, but alerts aren't issued for every crime that is reported. For Indianapolis, you can find them here.

https://local.nixle.com/indianapolis-metropolitan-police-department/

These are all good for tracking crime. Most cities, particularly large cities report to one or more of these types of sites where citizens can find basic crime stats, like date, time, location, and type of crime. What I've yet to see is a site where you can access detailed incident reports. What you will find available in some cases are public alerts, or media advisories, issued by local LE agencies. (I receive emails daily from two LE agencies in my area.) The advisories contain more detail than the basics you find on the crime maps, but alerts aren't issued for every crime that is reported. For Indianapolis, you can find them here.

https://local.nixle.com/indianapolis-metropolitan-police-department/

Most cities have a sex offender map that will show dots and locations of registered sex offenders in your area.

So hopefully; They will now build a better crime map as well.

Some people pay extra to rent or buy a home in a certain area. But the police nor security companies are not guaranteed to patrol these areas more frequently.

So we should mandate that cities update and give alerts to how close certain crimes are happening near us.

Plus the police should be boosting up way more patrols in middle class areas. Jmo.

We are tax payers. Jmo. We pay their salaries and they owe us to keep up constant patrols. Jmo

Lol. They have trap cars that will shut down the engine while a would be car thief is trying to flee with a stolen car that was set up by a undercover vice operation

They have a reality tv show on these stings as well.

So usually they leave a nice vehicle parked on the side with the windows down and or doors unlocked and or with the keys in the ignition with no one in sight except for the undercover cops that are doing surveillance from a safe distance away. Lol

So once the criminal looks around and sees a easy car for the taking; They hop right in and drive a few yards. And then the engine shuts off and the cops swarm in. Lol.

But it's a real vice sting and not just for tv. So basically the cops can catch would be criminals with stings such as these fairly easy. Jmo

It's similar to prostitution and drug stings. But I guarantee that these stings can catch more past or future violent offenders if the cops did more of these type stings.

Plus the perp can't argue entrapment since they were not coerced by an undercover agent to take the car. Jmo.

It helps police get people off the street that will not hesitate to take what's yours. Jmo

If you read the article I posted a few days back, I think you'll get what colette was saying. A large amount of these stolen cars are coming via burglaries where the keys are stolen and it's a rising trend. In general the target is now the keys.

So it would seem that it'd be hard to predict which car is going to be stolen, as you don't know who they are going to burglarize next. A sting such as what you described, would not have avoided our suspects in this case from obtaining a car, at least in the case of the sebring. I don't know how or if the suv was stolen.

Most cities have a sex offender map that will show dots and locations of registered sex offenders in your area.

So hopefully; They will now build a better crime map as well.

Some people pay extra to rent or buy a home in a certain area. But the police nor security companies are not guaranteed to patrol these areas more frequently.

So we should mandate that cities update and give alerts to how close certain crimes are happening near us.

Plus the police should be boosting up way more patrols in middle class areas. Jmo.

We are tax payers. Jmo. We pay their salaries and they owe us to keep up constant patrols. Jmo
Yes, but you won't see, "On 01/01/2000, John Doe lured two neighborhood kids into his home to do such and such and such..." Likewise, crime maps don't provide detailed descriptions of the crimes.

Otherwise, the crime maps are great! If you want alerts, you can look at your local LEA's website to find out how to subscribe to receive alerts. Unless you live in a very small municipality, that service is probably available.

I kind of think that alerts are not enough. There is so much that can be learned from the incident reports. How the burglar entered the home, time of day, tactics used , and what possibly foiled a given burglary attempt. Also the status of the case , so the public knows what the result was. Maybe we get a bit more angry when we learn more about the burglars and how many times they've been in jail and on parole, and yet they seemingly aren't worried in the least about repeating their crime and potentially worse.

I guess I don't get why it'd be so hard to make the cases accessible. I'd sure hope that the records are electronic nowadays, so it's mainly about redacting any information.

The crime map i posted has a tab for the offenders with a data grid , including the photo. But there's no data in that grid for indianapolis. I looked at other cities and they must provide that data. With as big a problem as indy has with crime seemingly, they should fast track this kind of thing for the public. I hear them talk about wanting the support and help from the public, maybe they need to provide the public with some tools and information to be more proactive. just a thought.

fellow CLT-ian here. Also on NextDoor Charlotte. In in SE Clt.

Btw. I truly hate to blame the neighborhood. But come on. If my neighbor and most of their guests fit 1 description. But at 6am ;I'm seeing perps of another description at their front door or just simply walking to or from their home; I would probably have dialed 911 fairly quickly. Jmo.

But I'm sure the neighbors feel bad enough. So I will not rub it in.

But also; I feel the neighborhood watch should have a better protocol and game plan for certain things. Jmo

gunshots and a scream and they still ain't sure if it's time to get the police on the street. :/

Would you post a link to Taylor's fb page? I don't think I've seen his yet.

I'm sorry Hoosgirl,I just followed a link that I think was posted in the previous thread.Tried to find it but no luck,I hope someone who knows will see this an post it for you.

I was unable to locate Taylor's FB but that's more than likely because he used some kind of weird name, like most all the others in his circle do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back